Need Fm Transmitter For Ipod Itouch 2nd Gen

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does your car have a cassette player? If so I highly recommend going with a tape converter rather than an fm transmitter.
they have those for IPods? Weird. I thought that was just for old school discmans.Jeffy, I bought the FM transmitter from Amazon.com. It cost me $34.97. It's a good one, as good as you can get. It will be a pain in the butt for you because every 45 or so miles, you'll probably have to find a new station. The one I got has a setting for every number on the dial. Don't go cheap because the cheap ones only have 8 or so stations preset. I'll see if I can find the one I bought.
the sound quality is so bad on most of the FM transmitters. the tape deck idea is so good.
Well, it's ONLY tape quality, but I agree. I rarely use mine, but that might have something to do with the 13 minute drive to work.But do you know one person that has a tape deck in their car? I don't.
the sound quality is so bad on most of the FM transmitters. the tape deck idea is so good.
See, RON?We have tried many fm transmitters and all gave us more trouble that they were worth. Constantly switching channels is so annoying. There is always noise drowning out the music. If you can do the tape convertor, do it. You just plug it in the headphone jack (works with any mp3 player) and put the tape in, and that's it. You can forget about it, the sound quality is a lot better. They also tend to be cheaper.I think this is the one we have.
See, RON?We have tried many fm transmitters and all gave us more trouble that they were worth. Constantly switching channels is so annoying. There is always noise drowning out the music. If you can do the tape convertor, do it. You just plug it in the headphone jack (works with any mp3 player) and put the tape in, and that's it. You can forget about it, the sound quality is a lot better. They also tend to be cheaper.I think this is the one we have.
Are you takin' the piss? I agree with you, completely. I just don't know anyone with a tape deck. When I worked at Circuit City from 93-98, I sold a ton of those things when the best technology was a CD disc player with the car hookup kit, exactly what you're describing. Well, best technology for people that wanted to keep their tape deck and still have the ability to play CDsOnce again, we agree. Yay
Well, it's ONLY tape quality, but I agree.But do you know one person that has a tape deck in their car? I don't.
Yeah, the adapter would have to activate the cassette drive motor and feed roller mechanism to extend the head in order for it to relay the music into the player...Youd be wearing out the drive belt and other mechanicals the entire time the adapter was insertedId also be concerned about the physical contact between it and the head....most have never been cleaned and have a good amount of chromium buildup that could hinder the transfer. Even if it was clean the contact would have to add some wear and add the possibility of magnetizing it, leading to the possibility of ruining your RATT collection down the roadMy next audiophile seminar will include the chair grabbing tales of wow and flutter and how Dolby C should have been used on commercially sold cassettes instead of that high frequency (twelve to twenty thousand) robbing B junkAnd yes, yes you do....
And yes, yes you do....
a guy with more than 6 cars, most of them muscle cars, doesn't count. and neither does a guy that rocks Def Leppard in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart while waiting for his wife. That's so Arkansas.But you actually make it work.

A direct wired input is 1000000000000000000x better... an RCA jack on the back if you have it, or a direct input jack (whatever they're called). Don't almost all car radios made in the last 5 or 6 years have at least one of these? If you don't have an input like this, use your cassette deck.

and neither does a guy that rocks Def Leppard in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart while waiting for his wife. That's so Arkansas.But you actually make it work.
I was also being entertained by the door opener triggering my radar detector, thank you very much....A guy told me once... "Beans...live the rest of your life like you were in high school but with money"I guess it stuck in my head
A guy told me once... "Beans...live the rest of your life like you were in high school but with money"I guess it stuck in my head
solid advice. Although, I didn't drink or have sex while in high school. So, I'll have to pick a different age period. and for the cash, I'd rob the bank, but banks are broke as well. Let me think on this one for a bit.
Youd be wearing out the drive belt and other mechanicals the entire time the adapter was inserted
yes, it does run if you don't turn the tape deck off. also, anyone with a car pre-2004ish has a tape deck or whatever you want to call it. my parents' 03 ford has one, for instance.
This is really dangerous, just saying.
pretty sure cops will pull you over for that. also, getting in a wreck with earbuds in, gg. FM transmitter ftw.
awwwwwwWWWWW????ya, i know. that's why I'm getting a transmitter. thanks, though.