Ripleys Believe It Or Not!

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Rounders obv! I prefaced statements with "I thought". I'm no expert at HU.
When you realize that although some people have shit bankroll management, but are actually better than you, you'll get that much better.I watched that short heads up match, and there was no point where I thought you were any better. I'm sure he ran better, HU variance, standard, etc. I thought you were going to have to run well to win that match, because you went into it waiting for him to make the mistake. You were so sure he had to, since he was such a monkey for his bankroll rollercoaster. So you waited, while he took it to you. It was a lose/lose spot for you, nice game selection. I'm sure over 15,000 hands you'll get the best of him though.Out of this selection (the selection I criticized initially), most of your statements were implied as fact and less so as opinion. The last few statements especially.And you admitted that you are no expert at HU, yet you made some retarded comment about it being a lose/lose spot for him and another equally ignorant comment about how RDog was waiting for his opponent to make a mistake. Yet to even understand what was going on in the match, you'd need to at least be a competent or moderately experienced heads up player. This is what pisses people like RDog and I off in the first place.FWIW, I make my money off degens without bankroll management. I specifically game select looking for these types of players. These gambler types are usually the most profitable types of fish. It doesn't matter if they only have one buy-in for me to take. They generally give up their money easily, and even if they run up a large stack on you, they generally aren't going to quit until they give it all back. So when you say nice game selection sarcastically (and ignorantly), you really have no idea what you are talking about.
fitz, plz try harder to be cool.
.I am not trying to be cool with my comments. I think Rdog is a douche because of majority of his posts. It is not a haRD concept. Idk what u are saynf about me trying to be cool. I gues ebig cool i your opinoon is posting all your omaha hi lo bad beatrs that no one gives a **** about on pokerhaus/ So sue me i dont embarass mself w/ that. GL SIR.
.keeep callings the mexicans hotel while they stay in columbus son... u fuccking pathetic soccer piece of shit wannabe. Also, plz keep posting PLO Hi/lo hands that no one gives a **** about its quite comical sir.
haha and what sport you rep? do you even play a sport? at least i almost got through when i called the hotel :)oh you are one of those bitches who complain about hands in bbv. dont read em? tough solution i know.

hahahaha yeah you are the guy that posted this"pretty sure very few people care about soccer in ohio. tickets should not be hard to come by for this event." that game sold out in ninety minutes. so you are def on the top of your game in general i would say.

hahahaha yeah you are the guy that posted this"pretty sure very few people care about soccer in ohio. tickets should not be hard to come by for this event." that game sold out in ninety minutes. so you are def on the top of your game in general i would say.
ya, no one in ohio gives a shit about soccer..... and your point is ?????
funny thing about this is.... i am drunk. you are not. God damn, get a life son.
ya, no one in ohio gives a shit about soccer..... and your point is ?????
LOL WAT?get a life? im not the one with 7 posts in this thread talking shit on RDOG, or awake at 5am posting on fcp. its true i like soccer, its part of my life outside the internets.
LOL WAT?get a life? im not the one with 7 posts in this thread talking shit on RDOG, or awake at 5am posting on fcp. its true i like soccer, its part of my life outside the internets.
.zomgz i have 7 posyts talkin shitz on rdogzzzzz, zomgzzz life outside teh internetz .. . you dominate me sirrrr, GG. Go to the pokerhaus and cry about omaha hi lo bad beats plz k thx, i am sure everyone gives a ****
h0w could u be so heartless?????
There is one in OT General. It's underused imo.
I was too mashed to find it the other day. First time i'd smoked in 4months

Wow @ missing all of this while it was going on.The collective works of Qyayqi were awesome.Whats the big deal about leaving the forum, anyways? I've done it twice, and never really announced I was going at the time.It's a pretty lonely world out there, especially in terms of online poker. I've always felt lucky to have found this place and all the good and bad that goes with it.As far as the challenge thread goes, meh.. I watched the Hideout curl up and die and lived to tell the tale. Even the Army thread is a second incarnation, iirc.Who knows. Maybe what the challenge thread *actually* needs is for the "old schoolers" to GTFO so new blood and insight can get injected into it. The biggest mistake one person (or even a group) can make is thinking they are more important than they actually are. And yeah, that deals with that magic "ego" word that's been thrown around here like confetti. One group of people of varying levels of poker skill shooting the breeze and swapping stories and strat can be replaced by another. Dust in the wind, etc.That said:Rdog, i've never once doubted your intentions or execution. I understand the whole "glass house" scrutiny you guys are under. My dad is a teacher, so was his dad, etc.. If it's in you, it's in you. The one thing to remember about teaching is: it's 9 months of intense drive and passion that *needs* a 3 month absence to recharge the batteries and renew the hunger to continue. Sounds like you need a long-overdue break from the bull$#!t. And yeah, I say that having never met you or probably even talked to you directly. But I do know teachers. It's a special calling, and even a handful of successes makes up for all those energy was wasted upon. I think if you turn your back on potential disciples in favor of a tight-knit smallish group of yes men, you'd get bored quickly and feel a little empty on top of it all.As for the rest of the riff raff in this thread, just wow. An awful lot of what was said in this thread was said merely to start arguments and/or hurt people. We're better than that, folks. At least I hope we are. It seriously tilts me to see people leave this forum over petty bs.

i said some dumb shit drunk fo sho tonight.... whatever though! Life > interwebz . I like to instigate things on this forum i will admitt! I do enojy most ppl on fcP at one time or another tho 3<

We need cliff notes.. I don't do lolcatz, but here goes:DM Flopped experienced being close to bust and posted about it:garote_beth_bust.jpgThings got ugly, quick:jello.jpgMany took turns egging on the Dog:coleng_04.jpgFitz played the agitator:M-W-agitator-1.jpgEx-Matt starred as himself:douchebag.jpgXXeddie has questions:02clip.jpgChicagoCubs99 suggested grabbing 3 dollars for a driveby:driveby.jpgRdog dreamed of his own private poker forum island:Lost-Cast-for-AXN-lost-34316_800_600.jpgGallo was challenged heads up for tacos:MexicanHoldemFRbox3Dhighdef_vign.jpgFargo enlightened us on how to "make it rain" on a budget:Shiny%20Quarters.jpgBull62 admitted to debauchery at a Monster Magnet concert:bull.jpg

Cwik loves sausage:woman-showing-a-long-sausage--ispc0.jpgMlnFalcon reiterated Heads-Up etiquitte for the masses:billy-madison04-thumb.jpgIQCrash dropped some bullets on the crowd:bullets.jpgJLL suggested hugging it out:medium_national-hug-day.jpgQ read us some manly literature:180px-Sasquatch_poetry_reading.jpgVick12 searched for proper preparations for consumating his love for the thread:lube.jpgDr Cossack showed up for stakeage:homeless-vader.jpgLoismustdie warned of the repricussions of stroking oneself:1200733099243.jpgDink and Checky joined forces to bring us enlightenment on all great things involved with weed smokin':old_hippie_bilder_allerlei_hippiepunkbuerger.jpgVtlaxer09 professed his innocence of all crimes and his resignation from fcp:2003.06.14_dong.dong.doing.the.i.am.a.not.a.crook.speech.jpgedit:StrippersNBlow continued the debate:beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Vick12 searched for proper preparations for consumating his love for the thread:lube.jpg
<3 Cappy!!!p.s. Can I trade lives with you for like 2 weeks?
When you realize that although some people have shit bankroll management, but are actually better than you, you'll get that much better.I watched that short heads up match, and there was no point where I thought you were any better. I'm sure he ran better, HU variance, standard, etc. I thought you were going to have to run well to win that match, because you went into it waiting for him to make the mistake. You were so sure he had to, since he was such a monkey for his bankroll rollercoaster. So you waited, while he took it to you. It was a lose/lose spot for you, nice game selection. I'm sure over 15,000 hands you'll get the best of him though.Out of this selection (the selection I criticized initially), most of your statements were implied as fact and less so as opinion. The last few statements especially.And you admitted that you are no expert at HU This is what pisses people like RDog and I off in the first place.FWIW, I make my money off degens without bankroll management. I specifically game select looking for these types of players. These gambler types are usually the most profitable types of fish. It doesn't matter if they only have one buy-in for me to take. They generally give up their money easily, and even if they run up a large stack on you, they generally aren't going to quit until they give it all back. So when you say nice game selection sarcastically (and ignorantly), you really have no idea what you are talking about.
I'm sure there's only 3 or 4 people you think are experts at HU and are entitled to give opinions. Sorry. I'm aware it would be a good idea to game select looking for REGULAR gambler type fish with only 1 buyin. This match had a bit more behind it. If you can't differentiate between a forum grudge match, and trolling for fish on payday, then you need to step your thinking up a level. Did you even watch the match in question?

Alright, i haven't really said anything till now, i wasn't going to, but since it became 6 pages longer since the last time i was here, well....I don't find Rdog's comments offending at all...they are truthful and it's one of those "somebody has to say it" things. Srsly, blowing a roll that big in a night IS retarded and nobody can say they don't think so. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, it's a mistake MANY people make. Maybe not to that extent, but i'm sure at one point or another, most great players have done some similar mistakes. I don't think anything was meant to be taken on a personal level, merely being shown as another learning experience, so that maybe someone out there will realize this mistake and not let it happen to them. I see where Rdog's teaching style comes from (being someone close to his age). We were not ever given the sugar coated version of anything when we were being taught things. NOT EVERYBODY made the team just because they tried out. You were either good enough or you were cut. People's feelings got hurt, it just made you work harder to achieve the goal the next time. I can appreciate this because i think having things handed to you for less effort actually hurt more in the long run.I'm also shocked as to how many people claim to have never smoked weed.......................SHOCKED!!!! Although i don't anymore (i'm one of those people that shouldn't) i didn't know anybody in my younger days that never tried it.with that, i'd like to join the group hug<3<3

the kid starts smoking weed and all of a sudden he's trying to turn a nice drama thread into some sort of homo-hippie group hugfest.
I've been a hippy (and homo) for years. I just recently added the weed to make things round out properly.
you two make me want to play minibet. or dink does, and checky used to.i quoted a bunch of weed posts, but they got a little jumbled. but one thing to mention is, you shouldn't just eat raw weed, it can make you sick. THC is fat-soluble tho, so those who suggested butter or oil had the right idea. but even accomplished stoners should be careful, weed when eaten is a much different high than smoked and can be somewhat overwhelming if you have too much. i know this, because i was found lying in a ditch on the side of the highway by some friends when i decided to try and walk home from a party where i had had one too many cookies. apparently i was trying to talk to people but was about 30 minutes behind in the convo - meaning that i was answering questions that had been asked to me a half hour ago, while the conversaton moved on around me. i was a serious, serious stoner at the time, and i don't think i had ever been that high. damn those were good cookies.
you two make me want to play minibet. or dink does, and checky used to.i quoted a bunch of weed posts, but they got a little jumbled. but one thing to mention is, you shouldn't just eat raw weed, it can make you sick. THC is fat-soluble tho, so those who suggested butter or oil had the right idea. but even accomplished stoners should be careful, weed when eaten is a much different high than smoked and can be somewhat overwhelming if you have too much. i know this, because i was found lying in a ditch on the side of the highway by some friends when i decided to try and walk home from a party where i had had one too many cookies. apparently i was trying to talk to people but was about 30 minutes behind in the convo - meaning that i was answering questions that had been asked to me a half hour ago, while the conversaton moved on around me. i was a serious, serious stoner at the time, and i don't think i had ever been that high. damn those were good cookies.
My wife went the cookie route at our Super Bowl party. She had never touched the stuff before. She regretted it, very much so. I had had a whole bottle of tequila, so I wasn't much help. She was crying and shit, and I was basically passed out.... we have great Super Bowl parties.
She regretted it, very much so. I had had a whole bottle of tequila, so I wasn't much help. She was crying and shit, and I was basically passed out.... we have great Super Bowl parties.
LOLOLOLOL