Ripleys Believe It Or Not!

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I understand your point completely, but why post at a poker forum if you're not interested in helping others learn the way that they help you learn. And honestly, who cares if someone is offering you help for their own selfish reasons? The fact remains that they are helping. And I can say 100% that I help others here because it helps me to process and advance my own thoughts. If you don't want to contribute to the advancement of other players, that's fine and I completely understand that, but don't expect them to help you. It's a bit of a trade-off, an exchange of information. In helping others you receive help yourself, and if you choose not to, you'll have a bit tougher of a road yourself.And nope. I haven't noticed any difference in the games over the past 2 years. :club:
Well, that's really the thing. I glean info off of other players on this site and though other means. My game has improved dramatically over the last 3 years. Part of that is from info I get from other players and part of it is just from experience playing thousands upon thousands of hands.I rarely contribute to strat forums or discussions. I am taking complete advantage of the kind players that like to share their intellect. I am fully and consciously a leach on the system. Other peoples knowledge is making me money. Do you see the problem here? Eventually, we will reach a point where the games are so tough that the 'skill' element of poker will be greatly diminished and the 'luck' factor will take over. I would argue that we are getting close to that point now.
Well, that's really the thing. I glean info off of other players on this site and though other means. My game has improved dramatically over the last 3 years. Part of that is from info I get from other players and part of it is just from experience playing thousands upon thousands of hands.I rarely contribute to strat forums or discussions. I am taking complete advantage of the kind players that like to share their intellect. I am fully and consciously a leach on the system. Other peoples knowledge is making me money. Do you see the problem here? Eventually, we will reach a point where the games are so tough that the 'skill' element of poker will be greatly diminished and the 'luck' factor will take over. I would argue that we are getting close to that point now.
I disagree 1000000000000000000000%
Yeah I disagree as well with the bolded. Most people just aren't willing to put the work in necessary to get to this point. And if they do, I feel like in my personal case I have more natural intelligence/talent than nearly all of the ones that are willing. And I don't mean that in a cocky way, I'm just being honest with you.And no I don't think that leaching is as big of a problem as you think. I understand that risk when I post and am okay with it.
Yeah I disagree as well with the bolded. Most people just aren't willing to put the work in necessary to get to this point. And if they do, I feel like in my personal case I have more natural intelligence/talent than nearly all of the ones that are willing. And I don't mean that in a cocky way, I'm just being honest with you.And no I don't think that leaching is as big of a problem as you think. I understand that risk when I post and am okay with it.
Cocky bastard.
Cross posting from Challenge Thread so you guys aren't all waiting for another "match". This was in response to one of Tank4Daze's posts in there.
quick question, out of curiousity, if playing DM is +EV for you, and I assume that it is in the long run (and that you believe it is), why wouldn't you be taking him up on this challenge when given the opportunityyou don't have to answer if you don't want, but it would seem to me that these are favorable conditions for you to play under
quick question, out of curiousity, if playing DM is +EV for you, and I assume that it is in the long run (and that you believe it is), why wouldn't you be taking him up on this challenge when given the opportunityyou don't have to answer if you don't want, but it would seem to me that these are favorable conditions for you to play under
If I told you i was driving past your house at 4AM this morning and throwing 3 bucks out the window, would you set an alarm, wake up, and go outside to get it?
If I told you i was driving past your house at 4AM this morning and throwing 3 bucks out the window, would you set an alarm, wake up, and go outside to get it?
You're amazing.
I would tell you to come back and pick me up if you're driving past my house at 4am.
if it was 4 pm and was 300 bucks then sureisn't this the latter and not the formerthe money is a decent amount (notwithstanding that RDog obviously makes bank) and the time isn't inconvenientother than altering his routine and normal game selection I don't see the issue; and he is benefitting for those sacrifices by having a player with money to lose willing to play him heads up
Ah yes, this again. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that CBass feels this way since just like ExMatt you show up in the challenge thread occasionally playing stakes way out of your roll and then not coincidentally are busto in short time. So if trying to steer people in the right direction poker wise and giving people tons of advice (and yes, calling people retarded at times) is holier than thou, then yes, I am guilty. Amazed how many people on this forum want to ACT like they take the game seriously when they can't follow the most basic rule of poker.
Really? Like, seriously? Wow. RDog is a professional poker player. Professional. He pays his bills with his winnings. He pays his mortgage with his winnings. He is a consistent winner at the game and has been for a while. He openly and without cost shares his knowledge with the entire forum in the Challenge thread. The entire forum. Lord knows people who have never made a post in that thread read it religiously and have gotten better at the game simply from reading his posts. He doesn't have to do that. Not in the least. Yet he does. His opponents could be reading the thread and figuring out his thought process on hands and how he plays, but yet he doesn't worry about that and tries to help any time someone has a question. The "holier than thou attitude" might be derived from the level of idiocy demonstrated on this forum. Are you trying to drive RDog away too like so many other GREAT players have been driven away from FCP? Hoosier, JC, cubs44, and a LAUNDRY list of others. Hell, DN doesn't even post here anymore and its his freaking site.I guess none of this is worth anything though since I'm "in his clique."
Calling someone out on their attitude? Unless I missed some joke or something you come off as a douche to me, but like you said it is the internet.
RDog,I have nothing against you as a person nor do I question your abilities at the game. I just dislike the way you give out advice sometimes. To me it seems that you talk down to people and treat them as they are stupid instead of treating people with some respect first. The feeling I get is that there are 2 ways to play poker...your way and the wrong way. Not everyone plays poker to pay the bills. Online, I play for entertainment and the money is not important to me. When I used to post in the challenge thread it would be some stupid 1 liners here and there for a laugh as well as some of my big hands when I would be playing cash games. I stopped posting in there because I don't play cash games often online and I realized I was just cluttering a good thread. I don't know, it's not a big deal really and I hope nobody is losing sleep over this silliness.Also, if I want advice on how to play a hand, I will specifically ask that question or go post in the strat section. Just because I posted hands in the Challenge thread in the past didn't necessarily mean I wanted an opinion on how well or poorly it was played. Most hands that I ever posted there were either brags or beats. But I quit posting there so that is irrelevant now. I admittedly suck at online poker, I know I am terrible at it. I play live a few times a week and prefer that. You also know nothing about my financial situation to ever tell me I'm "busto" like Ex Matt. I have a career, house, money in the bank, etc. I am not a troll like him who just tries to start trouble. I do my fair share of clowning around here that is for sure, but whatever I do is harmless and is only to get a laugh here and there.
RDog,I have nothing against you as a person nor do I question your abilities at the game. I just dislike the way you give out advice sometimes. To me it seems that you talk down to people and treat them as they are stupid instead of treating people with some respect first.
I remember I had a coach that use to pound on my back all the time. It seemed like he always had it in for me and would find something else to pick on whenever I improved. I was never the best player and it really got to me at the time that he would be so relentless. I was talking to the assistant coach about how he seemed to have it out for me and he told me something which really struck a cord with me."You shouldnt care when someone pounds on you when you make a mistake. It is when you know that you make a mistake and no one says a word that you should worrie, Because you know they have given up on you"In other words who cares how you get the information , just as long as you are still getting it.

I seriously need to stop giving any advice whatsoever. If you don't give the advice while patting them on the ass and telling them what a good boy they are then well, they don't want to hear it. Is that what this world has come to really? I'm not going to apologize for giving blunt and to the point advice. I love that you guys would prefer people that beat around the bush at risk of hurting your feelings and never tell you what you need to do to get better. That's fine, everyone can come on and say "It's just entertainment for me" but if you are trying to tell me you enjoy losing money then just LOL. More likely though, most people are just using that as an excuse as to why they haven't put the work in to get better. No idea why I continually try to defend myself.

I seriously need to stop giving any advice whatsoever. If you don't give the advice while patting them on the ass and telling them what a good boy they are then well, they don't want to hear it. Is that what this world has come to really? I'm not going to apologize for giving blunt and to the point advice. I love that you guys would prefer people that beat around the bush at risk of hurting your feelings and never tell you what you need to do to get better. That's fine, everyone can come on and say "It's just entertainment for me" but if you are trying to tell me you enjoy losing money then just LOL. More likely though, most people are just using that as an excuse as to why they haven't put the work in to get better. No idea why I continually try to defend myself.
plz dont. like really, you do so much for those of us that read the cthread. literally the amount that i have gotten better at poker just from reading things you say both in general and in response to other people. so eff the haters and keep on playin playyyyaaaa.that means ignore those who dont like you and keep doin what you do, in old people speak :club:
welcome to the sissification of north america. everyone has to be spoon-fed & coddled.
A lot of people in this thread are being bitches. The ones who can't handle criticism, contructive or otherwise;plus the ones who are shocked when not everyone bows at their feet to gobble up their priceless "advice". Sounds like you all should pick up your ball and go home.
A lot of people in this thread are being bitches. The ones who can't handle criticism, contructive or otherwise;plus the ones who are shocked when not everyone bows at their feet to gobble up their priceless "advice". Sounds like you all should pick up your ball and go home.
Ah yes, for sure. I love that on a poker forum I have to feel bad for giving poker advice. But then again, everyone that never posts an opinion on anything or does anything to contribute to the forum want to comment on what I want in return when I give advice. Must be nice to always be able to play armchair quarterback.
RDog, I am not saying to quit giving advice and I could careless if you pound on the way I played a hand. I just think it is unnecessary to call someone stupid or a retard when giving advice to people you don't know. You know what you are doing and you have some great insight - your results speak for themselves. Again I am just talking about the way you come across when giving info to complete strangers who play some hands.Who ever said I enjoy losing money or that I actually do lose money playing poker? Couldn't be further from the truth.If you want to consider yourself a "professional" then maybe you should act in a professional manner towards other people.I'm not going to sit here and kiss your ass like most the others do here. We will just agree to disagree.