Ripleys Believe It Or Not!

Saxophone player Leroi Moore of Dave Matthews Band passed away yesterday. 1961-2008 RIP man, going to go pop in some dave right now. :club:
Don't kill yourself too!!
LOLI think it is the holier than thou attitude that RDog showcases here on the forum that makes people feel this way, unless you are in his clique. Whatever though, it's the internet and I enjoyed this thread!
Calling someone out on their attitude? Unless I missed some joke or something you come off as a douche to me, but like you said it is the internet.
  • Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited to add a bit. And Matt, I'm going to say this nicely and mean no insult in saying so, the attitude you expressed, even in this last post, is not a good mindset for poker. This game is about making decisions which maximize your long term profit. Bankroll management is one of the most important factors in doing so. It isn't some extra idea to pick up on the side. If you aren't prepared to follow a bankroll system that leaves you with a reasonably small Risk of Ruin, you really shouldn't bother studying the game seriously or investing money into it that is important to you. Frankly, it would be stupid to do so. Just like Rdog says, separate poker from gambling, separate it from money, and play it the way it's supposed to be played- by making the best decisions you possibly can.
I realized this. I played poker once since about mid october (minus random stakes). I've made a few bad choices in my life *que the Mr. Sub commercial*, but I've learned from them.
I realized this. I played poker once since about mid october (minus random stakes). I've made a few bad choices in my life *que the Mr. Sub commercial*, but I've learned from them.
Ok. So do the same thing in poker. Knowing about this place puts you quite a bit ahead of most people already. If and when you get back into poker seriously, do everything you can to play the game correctly. And I know pretty well what your feelings are about the game. When I first started, I was the biggest action junkie ever. I would deposit $100 and run it into $10k, just to lose it all playing whatever games I could buy into. My idea of bankroll management was having enough money to sit at 4 tables of 30/60 at once. But I learned from it. I'm still more aggressive with my bankroll than most, but never more aggressive than I can handle financially or emotionally. And I understand the rush of playing a level higher than the norm, but you can't let that feeling allow you to make bad decisions. Never think about money you had before or money you recently lost; In poker you are always exactly where you are. You have exactly as much as you have at that instant and that's all that matters.But if you want to do it correctly, there is more than enough help here. Utilize those assets and don't let your ego get in the way.BTW, all this bankroll management stuff goes for DMFI as well.

The funny thing is if someone came on and posted "Hey everyone look at me, I am burning $100 bills!!!" there would be a resounding number of "You're retarded" posts but because this one is wrapped in a nice poker fairy tale that everyone wants to believe can happen to them, then it becomes "wrong" to call it like it is. It might be my $100 bills now and I hate to break it to the rest of you but OP is burning $100 bills.

The funny thing is if someone came on and posted "Hey everyone look at me, I am burning $100 bills!!!" there would be a resounding number of "You're retarded" posts but because this one is wrapped in a nice poker fairy tale that everyone wants to believe can happen to them, then it becomes "wrong" to call it like it is. It might be my $100 bills now and I hate to break it to the rest of you but OP is burning $100 bills.
lolz. yes digital hondos. makin it rain mofo.
lolz. yes digital hondos. makin it rain mofo.
Make it rain, that's such a great expression. THANK YOU RAPPERS! That's basically where you throw cash on the hoes, pretty cool.I came up with my own, I like to make it hail. That's where you throw quarters at sluts."Ow that hurts, what are those? Quarters?"Yeah, I'm a balla on a budget.<3 Daniel Tosh
Make it rain, that's such a great expression. THANK YOU RAPPERS! That's basically where you throw cash on the hoes, pretty cool.I came up with my own, I like to make it hail. That's where you throw quarters at sluts."Ow that hurts, what are those? Quarters?"Yeah, I'm a balla on a budget.<3 Daniel Tosh
loooooooooooooooooool
I wouldn't think someone burning $100 bills is retarded. I'd think "Hey that guy must be rich."
Well this morning I got up and burned 1 of your many hundred $bills just so i can say i burned RDog's money lol think what you want i havent worked since 05 so somehow there bigger donks than me on the tables imagine that round 2 sir (ding ding)
Well this morning I got up and burned 1 of your many hundred $bills just so i can say i burned RDog's money lol think what you want i havent worked since 05 so somehow there bigger donks than me on the tables imagine that round 2 sir (ding ding)
But tbh, OP, did handle this thread very well and I don't think he ever really came off cocky during the HU match, which showed alot of class, imo.
Well, there goes that. lol
if he has....tell him i'm very very sad :club::ts:4h:5c
me too, it's not the same with out him :3h:qh:D
Them there are fightin' words. Popcorn anyone?
i cant defend myself even in the slightest with out seeming cocky o well
Nah, I still think you're a good guy and handled yourself with class.And you're probably just joking with your statement. Hence, my "lol"
I'm honestly surprised so many people are taking DM's side on this.
this.If the OP was 'I played outta my roll and lost every and then won $11 Tournament Dollars and turned that into $3,500 playing out of my roll, and then lost it again' EVERYONE would be saying that OP is retarded.The fact that it turned out good for OP this time doesn't make him smart.