Ripleys Believe It Or Not!

This is true. The biggest pots were when OP got quite lucky, quite a few were runner, runners. About one of the few legit big pots that OP didn't get lucky on was when OP had QQ and I think he flopped a FH or at least a set of Qs.
This was one of the last hands? Yah, I said to myself as soon as DMFI said something in chat that was a boat boat boat.
  • Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But tbh, OP, did handle this thread very well and I don't think he ever really came off cocky during the HU match, which showed alot of class, imo.
Completely agree with this. Other than the fact that I thought the reason for starting the thread that was preceded previously by another thread wasn't the smartest thing ever (just my opinion folks, don't get all agitated).
PokerStars Game #25103719801: Hold'em No Limit ($2/$4) - 2009/02/18 22:48:56 ETTable 'Gawain' 2-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: rdog7811 ($408 in chips) Seat 2: JONYJUICE ($667.85 in chips) rdog7811: posts small blind $2JONYJUICE: posts big blind $4*** HOLE CARDS ***rdog7811: raises $8 to $12JONYJUICE: calls $8*** FLOP *** [9d Qd 7c]JONYJUICE: checks rdog7811: checks *** TURN *** [9d Qd 7c] [7s]JONYJUICE: bets $8rdog7811: calls $8*** RIVER *** [9d Qd 7c 7s] [3d]JONYJUICE: bets $24rdog7811: raises $40 to $64JONYJUICE: calls $40*** SHOW DOWN ***rdog7811: shows [Jd Ks] (a pair of Sevens)JONYJUICE: shows [Ac Qs] (two pair, Queens and Sevens)JONYJUICE collected $167.50 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $168 | Rake $0.50 Board [9d Qd 7c 7s 3d]Seat 1: rdog7811 (button) (small blind) showed [Jd Ks] and lost with a pair of SevensSeat 2: JONYJUICE (big blind) showed [Ac Qs] and won ($167.50) with two pair, Queens and Sevens
FTR, not saying I played great but this is the only hand I played "badly". As soon as I raised I told someone over IM "What the hell am I doing?"
FTR, not saying I played great but this is the only hand I played "badly". As soon as I raised I told someone over IM "What the hell am I doing?"
Regis, seriously, this might be the point in time where you realize that you just aren't cut out for this game. You had a good run, now leave it up to the kids to take over.sw <3
I watched from 800 - 1300 and loved it. Rdog is a jackass
You have no idea how happy this makes me. If you thought anything different I would seriously question myself.
am i the only one glad to see the OP owned rdog hu?
idkjust the only one willing to say it if not....
The truth, this man speaketh.Just read through thread start to finish... OP posted a brag which he seemed very happy about (bad spelling and grammar, but, considering the subject matter was def thread worthy).Got flamed... Offered stakes...Got flamed some more (nice work FCP!!). Then beat the guy who flamed him the worst.Justice done in my opinion, and I don't give a crap about saying it.
needless to say rdog got crushed overall i wouldnt say im glad..but it is a facti dont know either of these guys and have no problem with rdog or anything but i always find it amusing when two guys play hu for ego reasons..i dont understand what it proves...lose lose imo..and aside from everything..from what i could tell...DM ran like god, and rdog played attrocious
FWIW I love Rdiggity and DM both.I think the way this thread turned is quite silly.RDog plays for a career, DM plays for fun. Both play well, one just likes to degen it up. Poker playing ability and bankroll management are two different ballgames. I thought some of the insults in this thread were pretty petty and I think DM took it all well, hence adding to his coolness.
lol at the HHs not having Rdog winning at showdown once.
LOLI think it is the holier than thou attitude that RDog showcases here on the forum that makes people feel this way, unless you are in his clique. Whatever though, it's the internet and I enjoyed this thread!
You have no idea how happy this makes me. If you thought anything different I would seriously question myself.
Well I'm not trying to insult you, I tell it like it is. I'm quite possibly the biggest Jackass. Hmmmm could this make Rdog jealous once again?
LOLI think it is the holier than thou attitude that RDog showcases here on the forum that makes people feel this way, unless you are in his clique. Whatever though, it's the internet and I enjoyed this thread!
Ah yes, this again. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that CBass feels this way since just like ExMatt you show up in the challenge thread occasionally playing stakes way out of your roll and then not coincidentally are busto in short time. So if trying to steer people in the right direction poker wise and giving people tons of advice (and yes, calling people retarded at times) is holier than thou, then yes, I am guilty. Amazed how many people on this forum want to ACT like they take the game seriously when they can't follow the most basic rule of poker.

I'm not going to offer an opinion on any of this, but I find it funny that I made a post about my ego problems last night in the LHE challenge thread and then came in and read this thread this morning. And I'm not even talking about the HU match as I think that in particular had less to do with ego than most of you think.

Really? Like, seriously? Wow. RDog is a professional poker player. Professional. He pays his bills with his winnings. He pays his mortgage with his winnings. He is a consistent winner at the game and has been for a while. He openly and without cost shares his knowledge with the entire forum in the Challenge thread. The entire forum. Lord knows people who have never made a post in that thread read it religiously and have gotten better at the game simply from reading his posts. He doesn't have to do that. Not in the least. Yet he does. His opponents could be reading the thread and figuring out his thought process on hands and how he plays, but yet he doesn't worry about that and tries to help any time someone has a question. The "holier than thou attitude" might be derived from the level of idiocy demonstrated on this forum. Are you trying to drive RDog away too like so many other GREAT players have been driven away from FCP? Hoosier, JC, cubs44, and a LAUNDRY list of others. Hell, DN doesn't even post here anymore and its his freaking site.I guess none of this is worth anything though since I'm "in his clique."
Really? Like, seriously? Wow. RDog is a professional poker player. Professional. He pays his bills with his winnings. He pays his mortgage with his winnings. He is a consistent winner at the game and has been for a while. He openly and without cost shares his knowledge with the entire forum in the Challenge thread. The entire forum. Lord knows people who have never made a post in that thread read it religiously and have gotten better at the game simply from reading his posts. He doesn't have to do that. Not in the least. Yet he does. His opponents could be reading the thread and figuring out his thought process on hands and how he plays, but yet he doesn't worry about that and tries to help any time someone has a question. The "holier than thou attitude" might be derived from the level of idiocy demonstrated on this forum. Are you trying to drive RDog away too like so many other GREAT players have been driven away from FCP? Hoosier, JC, cubs44, and a LAUNDRY list of others. Hell, DN doesn't even post here anymore and its his freaking site.I guess none of this is worth anything though since I'm "in his clique."
What did I miss?
I'm not going to offer an opinion on any of this, but I find it funny that I made a post about my ego problems last night in the LHE challenge thread and then came in and read this thread this morning. And I'm not even talking about the HU match as I think that in particular had less to do with ego than most of you think.
Anyone that thinks this was about ego for me is sorely mistaken. If I was so worried about my ego I would be playing higher limits as my regular game than I am cause I am certainly rolled for them.
What did I miss?
I was just about to post the same question...
Anyone that thinks this was about ego for me is sorely mistaken. If I was so worried about my ego I would be playing higher limits as my regular game than I am cause I am certainly rolled for them.
I can absolutely assure you that my post was not in reference to you. While I think you can come off as more abrasive than is my style at times, you're pretty much always right (and were in this case) and are an invaluable asset to this forum. The people who don't like you; the ones who look at bankroll management as something separate from poker skill (it's not), who you say don't take poker seriously, are the ones I was referring to for the most part. Even if they really don't like you, if they have any desire to learn they should listen to what you have to say. That's my basic point. Like, they can disagree with your methods, but it takes an immense amount of ego to publicly scorn you and shrug away the information that you have provided free of cost, free of agenda, and which you have gained through an incredible amount of personal effort.So I guess you roped me into stating an opinion, but if there's one thing I can get people to take from this thread it's this: If someone has an incredible amount of information that they are willing to give, just fucking listen. It doesn't matter if they hurt your ego a bit to deliver that information to you. Just listen. King is right, all of those guys that left have in part been persuaded to do so by the egos of the people they were attempting to help. Don't do that here.

FWIW Dink, I didn't think you were referencing my ego since you said the HU match wasn't so much about it. I was talking to the people that thought me playing was about my ego.

FWIW Dink, I didn't think you were referencing my ego since you said the HU match wasn't so much about it. I was talking to the people that thought me playing was about my ego.
It's fine. I guess I'm glad I said it anyway.In fact, I'll add something. I know that some of you come here simply for social interaction and fun and have little interest in really working hard at poker. That's fine. I hope you get what you're looking for. But know that people do come here to learn. Please don't be selfish and ruin that for them, simply because you have different interests. It's really quite frustrating to make a post that you spend a lot of time on, filled with valuable information, and have it go ignored. It's far worse to be attacked. You don't go to a seminar where people are trying to learn and heckle the speaker. Don't do that here.
Ah yes, this again. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that CBass feels this way since just like ExMatt you show up in the challenge thread occasionally playing stakes way out of your roll and then not coincidentally are busto in short time. So if trying to steer people in the right direction poker wise and giving people tons of advice (and yes, calling people retarded at times) is holier than thou, then yes, I am guilty. Amazed how many people on this forum want to ACT like they take the game seriously when they can't follow the most basic rule of poker.
Youre right. I would never play within a roll unless I could run something up from a hundred or so dollars. Longest I played within a bankroll was 2 weeks and I couldn't deal with the grind. I had a horrible attitude towards money and a terrible mind set in general. I just did not care if I won or lost, I just wanted to play at levels that were of interest to me. For the longest time I've had a full time job while playing so I didnt care if I went bust, I lived at home, had no bills to pay and had a continuous flow of cash. So even though I was technically playing out of my roll I would never actually go broke. 6 months ago I moved away from home, quit my job to goto school watched my money slowly slowly disappear. No I didn't intend to make a living off of poker, poker was just a hobby I dont think I ever acted like I took it seriously. Now that I'm broke and in debt, I know how important it is to keep it together when you're playing poker. So ya I was "retarded" to play the way I did without a job. I plan to take it a little more seriously and do it the right way when I start playing again. Not that I wont take shots at higher limits, I'll probably wont take ones that leave be busto again.

Edited to add a bit. And Matt, I'm going to say this nicely and mean no insult in saying so, the attitude you expressed, even in this last post, is not a good mindset for poker. This game is about making decisions which maximize your long term profit. Bankroll management is one of the most important factors in doing so. It isn't some extra idea to pick up on the side. If you aren't prepared to follow a bankroll system that leaves you with a reasonably small Risk of Ruin, you really shouldn't bother studying the game seriously or investing money into it that is important to you. Frankly, it would be stupid to do so. Just like Rdog says, separate poker from gambling, separate it from money, and play it the way it's supposed to be played- by making the best decisions you possibly can.