The No-rebuys Retort To Daniel From Shaniac

I just read this. Wanted to post it here to see what everyone thinks. It's basically a debate of tournament structural integrity versus traditionShaniac takes on Negreanu in rebuy debate"While I think Daniel is passionate about poker and has helped the game tremendously over time, it's not a stretch to say that he is a bit out of touch with the mass of poker players. It's certainly quite clear that his priorities are different."That's fine, except he still comes off like he's 'telling it like it is' or doing 'what's best for poker' when his statements regarding rebuys are not really logical or straightforward.""It certainly does feel like messing with tradition," Schleger said. "The fact that Daniel doesn't even acknowledge that it's a tradition and acts like 'we're finally righting a wrong' is intellectually patronizing."Shaniac responds to DN

I think Shaniac speaks the truth with this quote:"Anyone with a distaste for rebuys can wait for tomorrow's event at the WSOP, so even if it does represent the wants of a small section of players, there is no reason to make any concessions to that group."If they are going to have 50+ events, the elimination of rebuy events seems kind of stupid to me, especially with the amount of people who like that particular event.

I think Shaniac speaks the truth with this quote:"Anyone with a distaste for rebuys can wait for tomorrow's event at the WSOP, so even if it does represent the wants of a small section of players, there is no reason to make any concessions to that group."If they are going to have 50+ events, the elimination of rebuy events seems kind of stupid to me, especially with the amount of people who like that particular event.
yeah, agreed.I wonder what the true issue was. Are they simply trying to state their claim that wealthier players (often pros) are more likely to win bracelets because of rebuys? Well, that may be the case but so be it. These are tournaments like any other.Some people love these events and it's not really fairly to completely eliminate them.Hey, atleast the dealers will be happy now that they won't have to deal these often longer tournies.
I wonder what the true issue was. Are they simply trying to state their claim that wealthier players (often pros) are more likely to win bracelets because of rebuys? Well, that may be the case but so be it. These are tournaments like any other.
It's all in Daniel's blog a couple weeks back. Something about players not being on the same playing field in a championship event.

Although I do disagree with getting rid of the rebuys, the fact that they are adding the triple chance style tourney is music to my ears. It adds a ton of value for good players who can't afford some of the more expensive events. Whoever those players are.

yeah, agreed.I wonder what the true issue was. Are they simply trying to state their claim that wealthier players (often pros) are more likely to win bracelets because of rebuys? Well, that may be the case but so be it. These are tournaments like any other.Some people love these events and it's not really fairly to completely eliminate them.Hey, atleast the dealers will be happy now that they won't have to deal these often longer tournies.
This. DN said it wasn't 'fair' to the average players that didn't have the money to spend on rebuys.I will use this quote from the original thread...."You know what else isn't fair to the average poker player? Poker."

I think getting rid of some the rebuy tourneys like the $5000 No-Limit 2-7 Draw Lowball w/ReBuys that only had 85 players is probably ok . Eliminating both $1000 nlhe rebuy tourneys which had 766 and 879 entrants is just retarded.

They should've gone the opposite route. Instead of no rebuys, unlimited rebuys! The rebuy:big blind ratio will simply remain the same throughout the tournament. $1,000 rebuy when big blind is $100 means that when the big blind is $10,000, it will cost you $100,000 to rebuy into the tournament! Who's with me?I suppose the amount of chips you get upon your rebuy will also have to increase at the same ratio.I didn't really put a lot of thought into this.I don't play poker.

I think getting rid of some the rebuy tourneys like the $5000 No-Limit 2-7 Draw Lowball w/ReBuys that only had 85 players is probably ok . Eliminating both $1000 nlhe rebuy tourneys which had 766 and 879 entrants is just retarded.
they should have kep it a rebuy imo, the 2-7 w/rebuys is one of the most prestigeous bracelets at the world series