Aa Making Trips On The Flop.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00+$0.20 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com661450.gifSB (t1430)BB (t1650)UTG (t1190)UTG+1 (t2540)ThePolkaMan (MP1) (t1500)MP2 (t1470)CO (t1550)Button (t2170)ThePolkaMan's M: 50.00661450.gifPreflop: ThePolkaMan is MP1 with A :3h, A :club:2 folds, ThePolkaMan raises to t60, 4 folds, BB calls t40Flop: (t130) 5 :ts, 9 :qh, A :D(2 players)BB checks, ThePolkaMan bets t60, BB raises to t160, ThePolkaMan calls t100Turn: (t450) 3 :4h(2 players)BB bets t220, ThePolkaMan raises to t500, BB calls t280River: (t1450) 10 :5c(2 players)BB checks, ThePolkaMan bets t780 (All-In)Total pot: t1450

I may raise a little more on the turn, so BB would be inclined to get it all in. BB has obviously shown he likes his hand and is riding it till the end so I make him pay now, in case he does have spades.

What combination of spades raises that flop? You'd be incredibly UL if he had A9s. I like the line.
A2, A4, A6, A7, A8, A9, AJ, AQ and AK. At this level all would raise this flop a large % of the time.
A2, A4, A6, A7, A8, A9, AJ, AQ and AK. At this level all would raise this flop a large % of the time.
My impression of low-stakes players is that they're usually pretty passive, and I'd be surprised if the typical villain at this level would c/r with less than AJ.Your line is fine, there's nothing else to bet on the river because villlain has shown interest and there weren't really any draws on the flop that villain missed but might've caught a pair along the way (something that might justify a smaller bet). The push is only 3/5 of the pot so it's a standard river bet size. I think flatting the turn might get all the money in on the river more often than your line. Maybe.
My impression of low-stakes players is that they're usually pretty passive, and I'd be surprised if the typical villain at this level would c/r with less than AJ.
I agree with this, you're not going to find too many at this level raising that. You're more likely to be getting raised by air than a weak ace, and neither are very common. And if they're going to raise the flop with Ax spades, why would they not 3-bet shove the turn? Spades make no sense here.
I agree with this, you're not going to find too many at this level raising that. You're more likely to be getting raised by air than a weak ace, and neither are very common. And if they're going to raise the flop with Ax spades, why would they not 3-bet shove the turn? Spades make no sense here.
At this level, a good percentage of the time the line isn't going to make any sense. Which is why you expect the unexpected because most of the players don't think the same was as the majority of us do. They raise the flop with Ax of spades because they think their A is the nuts, they slow down on the turn because now they have a flush draw and want to hit it to make what for them seems like a royal flush. Point is, that at this level a villians line isn't going to make much sense 90% of the time. If this doesn't make sense then I'm sorry for wasting your time and I suck at poker.
At this level, a good percentage of the time the line isn't going to make any sense. Which is why you expect the unexpected because most of the players don't think the same was as the majority of us do. They raise the flop with Ax of spades because they think their A is the nuts, they slow down on the turn because now they have a flush draw and want to hit it to make what for them seems like a royal flush. Point is, that at this level a villians line isn't going to make much sense 90% of the time. If this doesn't make sense then I'm sorry for wasting your time and I suck at poker.
But he didn't slow down on the turn really...Look, we're not saying he never has a spade flush here, but the villain isn't playing for the flush until maybe the turn call...even then, he's no better than 18% to hit his flush, not to mention the fact that Asxs is the only reasonable holding for him to raise us on the flop and continue by calling on the turn (and that means the highly-unlikely case A flopped), so it's soooo unlikely villain has us beat on the river, the turn raise is perfect for value. We dont' want him to fold anything.
  • 2 weeks later...