• 1 month later...

are you guys nuts? That episode with Will Farrell was one of the most random, hilarious, absurd things i've ever seen. I mean, it was way out there, but I loved it. I'll love this season for that episode if for no other reason.

are you guys nuts? That episode with Will Farrell was one of the most random, hilarious, absurd things i've ever seen. I mean, it was way out there, but I loved it. I'll love this season for that episode if for no other reason.
I thought it was too far out there even for this show. I guess I just liked the Mexico season a lot more.
  • 1 year later...

So I just watched the last 5 episodes, and here is my series recap:

The first season was amazing. I've loved Kenny Powers since before this show was made, and felt like they made it just for me.

The second season, imo, was a huge disappointment. It had moments and things that worked, but mostly I wasn't excited to watch it.

Going into s03, my expectations were lowered, and the quality was improved, and had some of the funniest material from the entire series, but everything felt unsustainable and headed toward being shitty.

So when I heard that it was coming back, I was expecting it to be awful. But I think the show's last season has actually found a lot of stuff that worked a lot better than anything they'd been doing, and oddly I feel like the current themes and Powers' current position are the best they've worked with and it could actually support another season. I'm really enjoying it.

Really? I'm into it. I do hope Ashley Schaeffer makes an appearance, but it's been the second best season for me so far. Kenny directing Mexicans building his pool, the vicious satire of panel sports shows...it's money.

It probably isn't as good as the first season, but it's damn close. They really went off the rails in Mexico, and I didn't really like Ashley Schaefer's role with Stevie last season, but I think they're in an amazing groove this season. God bless Yule, the dancing robot.

And I'm pretty sure they were lucky to even get a season 4, I doubt there's much chance of another year happening.

It probably isn't as good as the first season, but it's damn close. They really went off the rails in Mexico, and I didn't really like Ashley Schaefer's role with Stevie last season, but I think they're in an amazing groove this season. God bless Yule, the dancing robot.

And I'm pretty sure they were lucky to even get a season 4, I doubt there's much chance of another year happening.

It's not even in limbo, this is planned as the last season.

Mexico was my favorite season followed closely by season 2.

I audibly laugh at some point in almost every episode. I'm more likely to say 'that's funny' instead of actually laughing at pretty much anything so this show is super entertaining to me.