Show premieres tonight at 8. Here is the cast:http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/Mike White from School of Rock is in it with his dad. I thought their bios were kind of interesting. His dad came out to his family as being gay when Mike was 11, but his parents didn't separate until him and his sister went to college. Must be kind of awkward, its good to keep the family together though.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a good first show, but I don't really like anyone. They need Boston Rob and Amber back.

It was a good first show, but I don't really like anyone. They need Boston Rob and Amber back.
I actually liked a lot of the cast members. I'm sooo glad the group that got last lost, they were really getting on my nerves. The dude kept on badmouthing his girlfriend and the girlfriend kept whining. Would have been an annoying season with them still in. I liked the midget (well not really) stuntmen. They seem like they are there just to have a good time, and teams like that end up winning. So far I'm rooting for them.The rednecks are a trainwreck. I'll root for them also just because they are huge underdogs. The husband really needs to back off his wife though. Did he really think she would be able to keep up with everyone else? She is by far the most out of shape contestant on the show.The redhead cheerleaders are hot.That challenge at the end where they had to carry the cheese down the hill seemed really hard. I didn't understand the rules at all. Did they have to carry them with that thing on their back? Why didn't they all just roll them down the hill instead of carry them?
I actually liked a lot of the cast members. I'm sooo glad the group that got last lost, they were really getting on my nerves. The dude kept on badmouthing his girlfriend and the girlfriend kept whining. Would have been an annoying season with them still in. I liked the midget (well not really) stuntmen. They seem like they are there just to have a good time, and teams like that end up winning. So far I'm rooting for them.The rednecks are a trainwreck. I'll root for them also just because they are huge underdogs. The husband really needs to back off his wife though. Did he really think she would be able to keep up with everyone else? She is by far the most out of shape contestant on the show.The redhead cheerleaders are hot.That challenge at the end where they had to carry the cheese down the hill seemed really hard. I didn't understand the rules at all. Did they have to carry them with that thing on their back? Why didn't they all just roll them down the hill instead of carry them?
I can't believe the retarded rednecks outsmarted everyone on that challenge.

A good crew this time around, I stopped watching last season because I pretty much hated every one left after the 4th week. I hate the hicks, he is an ass and she must also be his mom.Hate the stewardess'. Don't like the cheerleaders. Don't like the black girls pretty much since they were nonexistant so that could change.Everyone else I like. I guess if I had to choose today I would choose the asians or the deaf guy and his mom.

I enjoyed the first episode this season and I also found many more teams likable. The last few seasons there have only been a handful of teams I didn't dislike.Glad we got rid of whiny, stupid, annoying bitch whose meathead boyfriend won't quit yelling/bossing her around. Just let them go home so he can keep beating her in private. I will miss her boobs though. But the other young, dating couple is much more likable and Amanda is super cute.Other than that, the only team I dislike is the stewardesses. Arrogant plus they're not as pretty as they think they are. Also I'm not sure about the cheerleaders, but I dig redheads and one of them has a great rack.Early rooting favs: The Asian bro/sis, the little stuntmen, and the older married couple seem like they're in good shape. Mom/son did real well, I just don't see them leading a lot of legs like this.And I feel like a prick mentioning this, but it's gonna get real old after about 6 weeks if everytime Luke says something to the camera it's pretty much "Look, deaf people are real people too."The cheese challenge did seem to look incredibly hard.

And I feel like a prick mentioning this, but it's gonna get real old after about 6 weeks if everytime Luke says something to the camera it's pretty much "Look, deaf people are real people too."
I agree with this as well. I mean good for him but I never thought deaf people were so limited in the way he makes it seem us hearing people think they are. If he was blind and in a wheelchair then I would totally buy into it, but you can still run and read. I still like him and his mom though so they are in my top 3.
I agree with this as well. I mean good for him but I never thought deaf people were so limited in the way he makes it seem us hearing people think they are. If he was blind and in a wheelchair then I would totally buy into it, but you can still run and read. I still like him and his mom though so they are in my top 3.
Being deaf would suck SO bad.

I kind of agree about the deaf guy. Having his mom translate everything he is saying was getting annoying towards the end of the episode. There is no other way to do it though I guess lol. They make it seem like the mom doesn't even matter, it is all about what the deaf guy is going through.The vacations the winner of the legs get are always pretty awesome. Definitely a great consolation prize for the teams that don't win the million.

I kind of agree about the deaf guy. Having his mom translate everything he is saying was getting annoying towards the end of the episode. There is no other way to do it though I guess lol. They make it seem like the mom doesn't even matter, it is all about what the deaf guy is going through.The vacations the winner of the legs get are always pretty awesome. Definitely a great consolation prize for the teams that don't win the million.
I don't think the comment was so much that mom was translating, but every single time, it seemed the kid was saying something like: "I'm doing this to prove deaf people can do anything."I've always thought deaf people could do pretty much anything.Except hear, of course.
I don't think the comment was so much that mom was translating, but every single time, it seemed the kid was saying something like: "I'm doing this to prove deaf people can do anything."I've always thought deaf people could do pretty much anything.Except hear, of course.
Exactly. This was pretty much my point.I was happy to see them win that vacation though because I think they go out in about the middle of the pack. Around 5th or 6th maybe.

Cheese challenge was unfair. The most physical challenge by far in the history of the race. However, the rules were not explained. It seemed there were no penalties for not using the crates properly on your back. It seemed a stupid way to transport the cheese anyway and they broke so easily. Rednecks might not be so dum afterall when they outsmarted everyone with the cheese but they gave most of the Karma back when they could not find the pit stop at the end.

I like the little people stuntmen and black chicks so far. The deaf son w/translator mom really bugs me. Maybe it was the way the show introduced them but it indicated his mom was his only lifeline for communication in the race. It's simply not true, kid can mime and grunt his way through the basics. How irresponsible is it for a parent not to help integrate their deaf kids and let them learn verbal skills and lip reading? This pisses me off more than pretty much anything. It's borderline abuse.

I think the deaf kid is alright. I bet they will repeat the interview in every episode where he says stuff like he is trying to prove deaf people can do anything. That is just creative editing, so who knows if he is actually saying that all the time. The stuff he said at the end of the leg was definitely heart felt though.The mom does a lot of the translating to make it easier on the TV viewers, and probably doesn't do that in every day life. A couple times they used sub-titles, which seemed way easier than having her repeat everything he does with sign language. She is probably translating a lot to the other contestants also since they don't know sign language. It looks like the kid can string a few words together, but has trouble speaking in full sentences.I think the deaf chick on Survivor a few years back had a way tougher time though, especially since there was know one there to translate things for her.

I think the deaf kid is alright. I bet they will repeat the interview in every episode where he says stuff like he is trying to prove deaf people can do anything. That is just creative editing, so who knows if he is actually saying that all the time. The stuff he said at the end of the leg was definitely heart felt though.
You teared up a little bit, didn't ya? Got a little dusty in your living room?

Ha! Now the redneck lady knows next time she is on Amazing Race when she comes to a fork in a road to look for a freaking arrow. LOL. I was hoping for them to catch up though.The gay father son team lucked out big time.The stuntmen kind of lucked out also, but they will definitely learn from their mistake.The black sisters are horrible.These challenges make me want to go to Switzerland/Germany, and everywhere in that area.

Ha! Now the redneck lady knows next time she is on Amazing Race when she comes to a fork in a road to look for a freaking arrow. LOL. I was hoping for them to catch up though.The gay father son team lucked out big time.The stuntmen kind of lucked out also, but they will definitely learn from their mistake.The black sisters are horrible.These challenges make me want to go to Switzerland/Germany, and everywhere in that area.
The stuntmen are a really good team.Is it not obvious how much Rob and Amber have changed this game? Everyone is calling ahead for tickets now. (except the stuntmen, of course)I'm SO happy the rednecks stuck a fork in themselves. They may have been the worse team that ever played.

I laughed when she got lost, and hello, don't sit at the edge of the road crying about how your husband is going to beat you, turn the fuck around and go back from where you came. I wonder if they didn't end up coming in last if they would have been penalized for her getting a ride. I would hope so. Still hate the cheerleaders, stewardess' and the black girls. Everyone else I can tolerate. I really like the asians though.

I laughed when she got lost, and hello, don't sit at the edge of the road crying about how your husband is going to beat you, turn the fuck around and go back from where you came. I wonder if they didn't end up coming in last if they would have been penalized for her getting a ride. I would hope so. Still hate the cheerleaders, stewardess' and the black girls. Everyone else I can tolerate. I really like the asians though.
lol, well I don't think she would've got penalized. The rule said, if you don't want to wait for the winds to calm, than walk down the mountain instead. She definitely walked down the mountain, just the wrong way. If I was that stupid and got myself in that situation I would've got a ride as well. It's not like she took a shortcut down the hill, she took the longest route.