My Buddy Just Inheritated Over 350k

And guess what he plans to gamble all of it. This is from a guy that just ruined his life just a few months back by gambling everything away. He is a really brillant guy but just an idiot with the gambling. I cant talk him out of it, he feels like he owes his dad(who died) by winning everything back that he lost. He even started a blog at www.gamblinghurts.blogspot.com.Anyone have any ideas how to stop this, he has not started yet but he plans to today after work. Why do i get the feeling this will be his last day at work.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My father was extremly disappointed about how i gambled away the money i had made from my small business i had set up my senior year in high school. Well i feel that now i have this huge cash i can mke him proud and win everything back and more.above a quote from him blog. THIS GUY IS SHOT!!!

Tell him Full Tilt Poker 2/4 NLHE is very fishy and to play there.
yeah right, this asshat is too concerned with pissing away his money to actually think about the right level to play, or bankroll management.The worst part is that he justifies his addiction by citing "winning it back for dad". That made me almost vomit. You gotta be really delusional with a sick addiction to just bury your father, who was very disappointed with your gambling habit, and then plan to wager his inheritance to chase his losses.He needs to get real help, and it sounds like he has no intention of doing that. It's sad. Even if he won his 150k back, he'd then say that he needs to "just make 50k in profit". God willing he does, that he'll "just need 100k more", and on and on until he's pissed away every dime.Talk to his brother. I would think he would hate to see that half of his dad's estate is just being pissed away.
And guess what he plans to gamble all of it. This is from a guy that just ruined his life just a few months back by gambling everything away. He is a really brillant guy but just an idiot with the gambling. I cant talk him out of it, he feels like he owes his dad(who died) by winning everything back that he lost. He even started a blog at www.gamblinghurts.blogspot.com.Anyone have any ideas how to stop this, he has not started yet but he plans to today after work. Why do i get the feeling this will be his last day at work.
ask him if you can throw the dice for him?
if he must gamle, and he likes sports, tell him to bet sports futures (total wins for a teams season, odds to win a division, odds to win the title, odds to win a conference, etc.) this way, for an action junky, u theoretically have action on every game of the year. plus when u bet on a whole season, one crazy bounce of the ball, or one crazy bad call by a ref doenst really **** you in the long term. this is just like betting on the stock market, except as a sports fan you know the team players and how the organization is doing, whereas in a business you might not know all the behind the scenes bullshit.the tampa bay drays have tons of young talent who are only getting better. last year they won the east division, which is a major accomplishment and statement vs nyy and boston, this year, they are 3.5-1 to win that division again.you cant get bettter value than that. there are plenty of other great sports futures bets out there, this is just one of them
This is worth some sort of serious intervention.
If this guy likes to gamble, tell him to ship the money to CitizenErasedUK on FTP.There's a 5% chance I'll ship it back.
lol, awesome.

People like this need help from themselves. I think most in this forum like a good gamble but I think most of us can draw the line somewhere. If at all possible speak to the other family members and try and at least get him to put a good chunk of into some kind of long term bond. At least when he does piss the rest of it against a wall he will have something so show for it.