All Things All Star

They gotta be getting some freshmen next year to play in front of him. Phog Allen's rolling over in his grave seeing this. Speaking of Phog Allen...his grandson lost his season seats b/c they didn't donate enough money. Are you kidding me?
that is some cut throat shit, right there, man. i'd like to know just what in the hell they were thinking.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is some cut throat shit, right there, man. i'd like to know just what in the hell they were thinking.
Lew Perkins apparently is all about the bottom line. I heard another one where there was this couple who graduated from KU in the 50's, lived in Lawrence their whole lives, had the same seats since Wilt, about 5 rows up center court, and were told that they had new seats, way up top on the corner. They weren't happy, but they said ok. Little later they were told they could have their seats back...if they donated $10M.
Lew Perkins apparently is all about the bottom line. I heard another one where there was this couple who graduated from KU in the 50's, lived in Lawrence their whole lives, had the same seats since Wilt, about 5 rows up center court, and were told that they had new seats, way up top on the corner. They weren't happy, but they said ok. Little later they were told they could have their seats back...if they donated $10M.
lew perkins is a fucking monster. the hole where his heart should be must be enormous.
in what respect? because surely you dont mean quality of play. i love college basketball, but there absolutely no comparison.
It's obvious to anyone that the quality of play is better in the NBA because they are professionals. I like watching teams try every game and at least make it look like they care. In college they rely more on the team than individual players. It helps that college players aren't paid. I'll enjoy watching college and you can go watch NBA. Enjoy.
Yea, that's what I'm hearing too. But a man can dream, right?
Yea, I'd love for the Bulls to get him, they could be a fun team as soon as they get a real coach. Combinations of Gooden, Gordon, Thomas, and Noah is all they have to offer though. I don't see that as too enticing.
I like watching teams try every game and at least make it look like they care. In college they rely more on the team than individual players. It helps that college players aren't paid.
let me guess, you love how many college players are willing to give up their bodies and take those under the basket charges? well guess what, those arent charges, they're blocks. in a real basketball game anyways. hell, the officiating alone makes college basketball far inferior to nba basketball. and i love college basketball. i love the atmospheres, and the rivalries and the emotion. but it is an inferior product in a golden box.
let me guess, you love how many college players are willing to give up their bodies and take those under the basket charges? well guess what, those arent charges, they're blocks. in a real basketball game anyways. hell, the officiating alone makes college basketball far inferior to nba basketball. and i love college basketball. i love the atmospheres, and the rivalries and the emotion. but it is an inferior product in a golden box.
Charging and blocking calls in the NBA are just as atrocious as the ones in college. It's by far one of the worst implemented rules in the game on all levels.Time for a public service announcement...Chris Paul has a sick handle, have a nice day.
I liked the quality of play in the first half, the second not so much... He lead the East in scoring, did you actually watch the game?
LeBron lead the East in scoring.But, I didn't realize Wade had 18. I must have turned my head every time he made a shot. That post was mostly made in jest, too, because it came right after Wade missed three straight free throws.
LeBron lead the East in scoring.But, I didn't realize Wade had 18. I must have turned my head every time he made a shot. That post was mostly made in jest, too, because it came right after Wade missed three straight free throws.
Oh yea, I forgot about the empty the lane dunk they let him do with 12 seconds left because he couldn't get it off during the game. Yea, I was watching the 3 free throws like WTF is going on...

Lol people watch this thing?I've been a fan of the NBA since I was in diapers.. And in 20+ years, I have not seen one minute of the all-star game.The only reason I'd watch this would be to root for players on opposing teams in my conference to get hurt.

Lol people watch this thing?I've been a fan of the NBA since I was in diapers.. And in 20+ years, I have not seen one minute of the all-star game.The only reason I'd watch this would be to root for players on opposing teams in my conference to get hurt.
It's entertaining. You get so see some of the guys when they aren't being serious, and just putting on a show for fans. Plus every now and then you get to see fun things like T-Mac tossing a oop to himself off the glass or Chris Paul posting up with Shaq on the wing.The NBA all star weekend is the best of all the major sports all star events by a long shot.
I can't believe you.
T-Mac tossing a oop to himself off the glass
Yea that was good, but it was better when Kobe did in the playoffs.

I'm serious.. I've occasionally watched the dunk contests and the 3point shootouts, and even the rook-soph game (always good to get a sneak peek at the young talent).. I've just never actually sat down and watched the all-star game.I'm sure it's 10x better than the pro-bowl and MLB, but I always forget it's on. Truth be told, the last few years the Blazers have forced me to give up on basketball by the All Star Break, so that might have something to do with it :club: