Sports Guy's Annual Top 40

ESPN.com LinkageShould make for some fun discussion. Impressed Brandon Roy is in the top 10. Have the nagging feeling it has more to do with his contract than his ranking amongst his peers.

I had never even thought of Steve Nash until he said it.. and it makes perfect sense, really..If I had to bang out a trade w/ the suns, my targets would be:1. ) Nash2. ) Richardson3. ) Amare4. ) The Gorilla5. ) Anyone else.If JRich's contract was even tolerable, he'd be above Nash. Honestly, I just want portland to make a move, so I have something to cheer/scream about. :club:

Should make for some fun discussion. Impressed Brandon Roy is in the top 10. Have the nagging feeling it has more to do with his contract than his ranking amongst his peers.
I think it has more to do with this rule:2. Age matters. Would you rather have Chauncey Billups for the next five seasons or Rajon Rondo for the next 12?I mean, look at the 6 guys directly behind him-Rose, Garnett, Deron, Dirk, Pierce, and Gasol. Although I think Deron should be ahead of him, none of the others are significantly better than him at this point in their careers where it would be worth it to have the next 4 years of those guys over the next 10 for Roy.
I think it has more to do with this rule:2. Age matters. Would you rather have Chauncey Billups for the next five seasons or Rajon Rondo for the next 12?I mean, look at the 6 guys directly behind him-Rose, Garnett, Deron, Dirk, Pierce, and Gasol. Although I think Deron should be ahead of him, none of the others are significantly better than him at this point in their careers where it would be worth it to have the next 4 years of those guys over the next 10 for Roy.
Good point. I think if Dwill was healthy this year he would have bumped up one notch.would be interesting to see Sports Guy rank the teams, according to "value" or "potential" or whatever from 1-30.