Nice thread.Since I can never get a bankroll of like $100-$200 online, I might have to start visiting this thread more often to get back in grind-mode. A++ documenting your results here... Gl to ya.
Thanks man, good luck to you in getting back to grinding. I've hit a wall it seems now... I'm stuck at $350ish. I'll win up to like 360 and lose it back here and there, I can't seem to win and keep it... I'll get sucked out and manage to break even or win little in my sessions.
  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GL man, win all that 10nl monies

Posted Images

My apologies antistuff. I'm sorry that I suggested what I would've done if I was buffospades. Next time I won't say anything.The next time that I'm thinking about posting an opinion on how a hand should've been played I'll pm you first to make sure everythings right.Next time I'll pm you so that you can post how it shouldve been played.I'm really sorry to buffospades... I shouldn't have commented on the hand. I am unworthy of doing so. Just please ignore everything that I might say about poker, because when antistuff says that I know everything it really means that I know nothing.
dude,its nothing personal. you really seem headed in the right direction. my comment might have been out of line. its just that one time i tried to give you what i thought was some good advice based on my experiences and you kind of had a very know it all attitude. i probably shouldn't have posted what i did. but yea your attitude that time annoyed me and thats why i did. there are some people who post on this site who play on a level that i find almost unimaginable and they readily, happily, and freely make themselves available to anybody. its always good discusion to defend your position on an idea even if you're flat out wrong (and sometimes especially, you'll find me playing devils advocate a lot arguing positions about poker ideas that i think may be wrong, not to be misleading but to stimulate new ideas), but if you come off like "listen i know what im doing" when they offer advice don't expect a lot of productive exchanges with them.

Anti fwiw I think you think on a very high level from what I've read of yours both from a poker point of view and a life point of view. Don't be afraid to put yourself up there :club:

dude,its nothing personal. you really seem headed in the right direction. my comment might have been out of line. its just that one time i tried to give you what i thought was some good advice based on my experiences and you kind of had a very know it all attitude. i probably shouldn't have posted what i did. but yea your attitude that time annoyed me and thats why i did. there are some people who post on this site who play on a level that i find almost unimaginable and they readily, happily, and freely make themselves available to anybody. its always good discusion to defend your position on an idea even if you're flat out wrong (and sometimes especially, you'll find me playing devils advocate a lot arguing positions about poker ideas that i think may be wrong, not to be misleading but to stimulate new ideas), but if you come off like "listen i know what im doing" when they offer advice don't expect a lot of productive exchanges with them.
I agree with you. The only reason why I didn't really take your advice was because you kinda came out of nowhere with what you said. You said I shouldn't multitable and learn the game more. It sounded like you were making assumptions about my playing ability. I'll take any advice, but the advisor has to have some sort of feel of the situation. To me, you didn't really know where I was at and what I should be doing. It sounds like your a great player, I'm deffinately not questioning your knowledge. I'll take advice from anyone. I might have acted like a know it all when you gave me advice, but that was because I was already aware of the pros and cons of multitabling, and I thought you were somewhat bashing my play.I'm sorry that I have questioned your advice, I should not have. I would be glad to take any future advice that you might give me. :club:

I didn't really play that much this weekend. Me and my friends played 10nl at my house last night. It lasted for 5 hours.We played like high stakes poker on GSN. If you won with 7-2 everyone gave you .25 and when someone won a hand without a showdown the dealer chose 1 card to show everyone. It was fun. Back to online poker... I just played a little session and won about $4. I'm gonna take a break and play again later.

Played for 5 hours in a $5 tournament and made $24, that was yesterday. I played a $5 tourny and got 2nd, it was only 9 players so I only won $8. I'm at the highest my bankroll has ever been at so far. I'm gonna play another $5 today.

Hey Donk, I've been following the thread for a while now, just got registered though. Looks like you're making some pretty solid progress. I decided to start taking bankroll building seriously and actually adopt a strategy and stick to it as well. Started with $20 and I'm sitting around $100 right now, doing strictly cash game. I've gotten down on tournaments for a while, I got knocked out of the last few I was in via BRUTAL beats (3>* outers :club: ). Whats your BR at these days, and what stakes are you playing?

Hey Donk, I've been following the thread for a while now, just got registered though. Looks like you're making some pretty solid progress. I decided to start taking bankroll building seriously and actually adopt a strategy and stick to it as well. Started with $20 and I'm sitting around $100 right now, doing strictly cash game. I've gotten down on tournaments for a while, I got knocked out of the last few I was in via BRUTAL beats (3>* outers :club: ). Whats your BR at these days, and what stakes are you playing?
I've been playing 10nl a lot but more recently I've been playing $5 9 player sng's. I was finished 1st and 2nd in my last 2 9 player matches

I played 3 $5 tournaments and placed 4th, 3rd, 3rd. I wish I could've gotten atleast 2nd in one of those but the blinds were so high towards the end it's like bingo. I also played a $2 heads up game, won that. I just need .44 more for $400.When I get to $450 or $500, I'm not sure yet, I'm gonna try playing 25nl. I'll start out with 1 table and then I'll progress to 6 tables.Something I think is funny is that I don't feel comfortable playing more than 1 tournament at a time. I can play 12 tables of 10nl but I think in cash games I can play a more straight forward game. In tournaments I really pay attention to my opponents and after playing 12 tables 1 table is relaxing. It's a good break from cash games.

Good work dude keep it up and you will have to re-set your goal higher.
That's what I'm hoping for, maybe I'll have to start a new thread: $1,000 to $10,000 ;)I've lost 2 straight $5 sng's. I'm in one now, just started. I need a win.

Posted my weekend results. I ran really bad in like 5 $5 sng's. I'll be completely card dead and have to push my stack in with AK when blinds got too high and someone would outdraw on me. 3 or 4 of the ones I busted out of I had the best hand and it would just get out drawn when all the money was in.I'm gonna play 1 more $5 and then I'll go back to cash games.@OliverI play 10nl

I've lost like $40 playing these $5 tournaments, seriously I'm running the worst I've ever ran.I can't believe some of the things that I've seen...It seems that I'm completely card dead, then when I do have a hand I'm flop dead... I'm getting rivered when I have them 10 to 1.I just can't seem to cash/win. I've been looking at what I could've been doing differently in hands that I lose and I can't find anything...I'm getting them to put their money in with top pair, I'll have an over pair or something that has them crushed and boom, 5 outter on the river...I keep telling myself, next tournament I'm not gonna get sucked out, but it ALWAYS happens.This is how I feel:

^^^ I feel exactly the same. I was up to $150 this weekend and i've lost about $50 in cash games and tournaments. it seems like there's nothing i can do to avoid this situation. :club:

sick life to go on an 8BI downswing and be running the worst of your life.
^ ^ ^8 buyins for a SNG is nothing.Hell you have a 9% chance of losing 8 in a row period, let alone over a collection of more SNGs.Not the end of the world.

I think he's saying if you plan to play poker for any length of time then your perspective on what a big downswing is will change a lot. 8 buy ins @ sngs really isnt too bad.

I think he's saying if you plan to play poker for any length of time then your perspective on what a big downswing is will change a lot. 8 buy ins @ sngs really isnt too bad.
Yeah, its fine. It's not effecting me. Its just that recently I've been running really bad. Not so much now although I've played 2 today and just missed cashing
HOW DARE YOU ****ING PUT ****ING WORDS IN MY MOUTH YOU BASTARD. ****ING BRITS ALWAYS TRYING TO PUSH US AROUND. NOT ANYMORE DAMNIT!!!!1111he's right tho