I did some research on how FPPs are earned, and it looks like its pretty tough to make Silver Star off $.15/$.25 NLHE alone, since the pot size has to hit about $8 for you to earn a point. PL Omaha, on the other hand........
I make like 30 to 40 points a session just on 10 nl.
  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GL man, win all that 10nl monies

Posted Images

Posted the session I did last night. I downloaded hypercam, I was thinking about posting maybe a 5-10 min. video of me playing one of my sessions.Would anyone watch it?

starting to play more heads up tournaments. I'm just doing the $2 ones, just so I have something to do when I don't feel like playing full ring.My record is 7-1

I did some research on how FPPs are earned, and it looks like its pretty tough to make Silver Star off $.15/$.25 NLHE alone, since the pot size has to hit about $8 for you to earn a point. PL Omaha, on the other hand........
if i remember correctly, i made about 13k fpps 8-tabling 10/25 in about 2 weeks.could be off though. i only remember buying a 13k fpp sunday warmup ticket. but most of it's definately come from 10 / 25
if i remember correctly, i made about 13k fpps 8-tabling 10/25 in about 2 weeks.could be off though. i only remember buying a 13k fpp sunday warmup ticket. but most of it's definately come from 10 / 25
I'm trying to save up for a pokerstars hoody, I got a hat a few weeks ago. At this rate it's gonna take another 2 months! I wanna get silverstar and be able to play 25nl and then I'll get there fast. I calculated that I need to make 45 FPPs a day starting tomorrow to make silver star by the end of the month. I'm gonna play big session to get there.

Bleh.Its been like a week long tilt fest for me. Not getting paid off with any of my hands, and I keep running into huge hands when I have okay ones. Back to 10NL........ Sample Hand:PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flop | saw showdownCO ($5.44)Button ($6.28)SB ($0.94)Hero (BB) ($5.95)UTG ($5.64)UTG+1 ($9.47)MP1 ($4.13)MP2 ($7.98)Preflop: Hero is BB with 4 :ts, 5 :4h3 folds, MP2 bets $0.20, 2 folds, SB calls $0.18, Hero calls $0.15Flop: ($0.60) 5 :D, 8 :jh, 5 :D(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.50, SB raises to $0.74 (All-In), Hero raises to $5.75 (All-In), MP2 calls $5.25Turn: ($12.84) 7 :club:(3 players, 2 all-in)River: ($12.84) 9 :club:(3 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $12.84 | Rake: $0.60Main pot: $2.82 between SB, Hero and MP2, won by MP2Side pot 1: $10.02 between Hero and MP2, won by MP2Results:SB mucked K :(, K :D (two pair, Kings and fives).Hero had 4 :5c, 5 :3h (three of a kind, fives).MP2 had 8 :qh, 8 :D (full house, eights over fives).Outcome: MP2 won $12.24Sigh....

Bleh.Its been like a week long tilt fest for me. Not getting paid off with any of my hands, and I keep running into huge hands when I have okay ones. Back to 10NL........ Sample Hand:PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flop | saw showdownCO ($5.44)Button ($6.28)SB ($0.94)Hero (BB) ($5.95)UTG ($5.64)UTG+1 ($9.47)MP1 ($4.13)MP2 ($7.98)Preflop: Hero is BB with 4 :ts, 5 :4h3 folds, MP2 bets $0.20, 2 folds, SB calls $0.18, Hero calls $0.15Flop: ($0.60) 5 :D, 8 :jh, 5 :D(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.50, SB raises to $0.74 (All-In), Hero raises to $5.75 (All-In), MP2 calls $5.25Turn: ($12.84) 7 :club:(3 players, 2 all-in)River: ($12.84) 9 :club:(3 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $12.84 | Rake: $0.60Main pot: $2.82 between SB, Hero and MP2, won by MP2Side pot 1: $10.02 between Hero and MP2, won by MP2Results:SB mucked K :(, K :D (two pair, Kings and fives).Hero had 4 :5c, 5 :3h (three of a kind, fives).MP2 had 8 :qh, 8 :D (full house, eights over fives).Outcome: MP2 won $12.24Sigh....
Thats a bad cooler but next time I wouldnt call a 4x raise with 45s. You would be out of position after the flop too. So just fold suited connectors preflop and you won't get into a spot like this. Suited connectors are good hands to defend your blind with and I like them in tournaments, but no so much here.
Thats a bad cooler but next time I wouldnt call a 4x raise with 45s. You would be out of position after the flop too. So just fold suited connectors preflop and you won't get into a spot like this. Suited connectors are good hands to defend your blind with and I like them in tournaments, but no so much here.
Yeah, I see your point there, but I called here because:1: The SB flat called as well, so I'm getting a decent price2: My call completes the action for this round, so I am definitely seeing a flop3: A 4x raise usually means I'm up against a big Pocket pair or AK, and its the sort of hand that cracks it. I'm folding most of the time here if don't flop at least two pair/open-ended straight draw. I won't go very far with a flush draw if a lot of chips go in.) It may not make my play necessary correct, but it tends to be my style, and it would have worked out had I not been up against the only hand I can't beat, which was the 88's.
First you say don't call the raise, but then say it's okay to defend your blind with in a tournament? WTF?
Suited connectors are good hands to defend your blind with and I like them in tournaments, but no so much here.
Please explain this your reasoning for this, because you are completely wrong.The value of suited connecters go UP when stacks are deeper, as they make the sort of hands that crush oponents, but we need the implied odds for this to happen. Most tournaments are relitavely short stacked, so the value of suited connecters go way down. The opposite is such with big pairs and big one pair hands.FWIW the guy played the hand perfectly. Not much you can do here, reload and move on.
First you say don't call the raise, but then say it's okay to defend your blind with in a tournament? WTF?Please explain this your reasoning for this, because you are completely wrong.The value of suited connecters go UP when stacks are deeper, as they make the sort of hands that crush oponents, but we need the implied odds for this to happen. Most tournaments are relitavely short stacked, so the value of suited connecters go way down. The opposite is such with big pairs and big one pair hands.FWIW the guy played the hand perfectly. Not much you can do here, reload and move on.
really don't even bother this guy knows everything
First you say don't call the raise, but then say it's okay to defend your blind with in a tournament? WTF?Please explain this your reasoning for this, because you are completely wrong.The value of suited connecters go UP when stacks are deeper, as they make the sort of hands that crush oponents, but we need the implied odds for this to happen. Most tournaments are relitavely short stacked, so the value of suited connecters go way down. The opposite is such with big pairs and big one pair hands.FWIW the guy played the hand perfectly. Not much you can do here, reload and move on.
Ok let me explain myself then if I'm gonna get ridiculed...I should've been more indepth with my explaination about why I like suited connectors in tournaments. When I said tournaments I meant when stacks are deep so that you can play small ball poker. So calling a raise with suited connectors is a great small ball play and you can hit a big flop and crack high pocket pairs.When I say defend your blind I mean when someone from late position attempts to steal your blind, in which you should open your starting hand selection.When defending your blind, in a tournament OR a cash game, you need to have a hand that has some sort of value. So suited connectors are excellent hands to defend your blind with, which is what I said.So in tournaments in which stacks are deep, in a tournament when I think someone is stealing my blind, OR in a cash game when I think someone is stealing my blind, I will call the raise with suited connectors so that I can hit a monster flop or I can make a play at the stealer.When I say don't call the raise I mean: don't call a raise in a cash game from someone who isn't in late position, if they're in late position and you wanna defend your blind then go ahead and defend your blind, because suited connectors are hands that have value and play well after the flop. Maybe this is just me personally but I really tighten up my starting hand selections in cash games, and my selection doesn't include small suited connectors. I'm not saying don't play them, I'm saying make sure you have the right situation to play them. Otherwise, deep staked tournaments are completely different. I'll call a raise with suited connectors to hit a monster flop.Hopefully you can make sense of what I'm trying to say. Pretty much what I'm trying to say is that I don't like small suited connectors in cash games, you can be really tight with your starting hands. But they are good hands to defend your blind with and you can play them in deep stacked tournaments to hit a big flop.I never said that what buffofspades did was wrong. I just said what I would've done, which is just my opinion. I just made a suggestion and I'm surprised that 3 sentences of what I said can spark this.Sorry if I might have confused you...
really don't even bother this guy knows everything
My apologies antistuff. I'm sorry that I suggested what I would've done if I was buffospades. Next time I won't say anything.The next time that I'm thinking about posting an opinion on how a hand should've been played I'll pm you first to make sure everythings right.Next time I'll pm you so that you can post how it shouldve been played.I'm really sorry to buffospades... I shouldn't have commented on the hand. I am unworthy of doing so. Just please ignore everything that I might say about poker, because when antistuff says that I know everything it really means that I know nothing.
Yeah, I see your point there, but I called here because:1: The SB flat called as well, so I'm getting a decent price2: My call completes the action for this round, so I am definitely seeing a flop3: A 4x raise usually means I'm up against a big Pocket pair or AK, and its the sort of hand that cracks it. I'm folding most of the time here if don't flop at least two pair/open-ended straight draw. I won't go very far with a flush draw if a lot of chips go in.) It may not make my play necessary correct, but it tends to be my style, and it would have worked out had I not been up against the only hand I can't beat, which was the 88's.
I deffinately dont think that the play was bad, I just said what I would've done.It's a good play. You said that your disciplined when chasing draws which is also good when playing suited connectors.
So I just typed out a pretty big response and deleted it. Why?This.
So you asked me to explain what I meant... I did and this is what you say. Nice one :icon_clap:So next time I won't give my opinion.

asking people to explain their decisions and having discussions about how things were played is pretty much the point of posting stuff in the strat forum. not everyone is going to agree all the time obviously. no reason for so much hostility though

asking people to explain their decisions and having discussions about how things were played is pretty much the point of posting stuff in the strat forum. not everyone is going to agree all the time obviously. no reason for so much hostility though
I know, I just gave a suggestion on how the hand couldve been played differently and I get 2 people saying that what I said was completely wrong and that I know everything...

Nice thread.Since I can never get a bankroll of like $100-$200 online, I might have to start visiting this thread more often to get back in grind-mode. A++ documenting your results here... Gl to ya.