Question: What would you do of your FPP? I'm grinding my way up too but i started with significantly less than 50$ so it's hard to earn those FPP. Therefor i can't spend them on bonus cash, any tournament/sng you could suggest me?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GL man, win all that 10nl monies

Posted Images

Best value is the cash bonuses but if it's gonna take you aaages to get that many FPPs idk what to suggest.FPP Satties are quite good. Hyper turbos to $11 tournaments run a lot. (I think the buy in is ~135 FPPs) and you can take T$. There may be lower too.Overall the 250k, 100k and 50k FPP cash bonuses are better value than breaking even in these hyper turbo satties. The rest aren't as good a value. You gotta cope with the ridiculous variance in the satellites though.If you ever feel you can get to supernova in a given year (which is not possible at NL til about $1/$2 unles you're a ridiculous grinder), then save them up. If you don't feel you can do that then I'd recommend satellites. The VIP store itself is kind of a ripoff - except for the Porsche which is v good value. Only have to save up 3 million.

I'm on my way too. I've started with $22 4 weeks ago and now i'm at $114. I have about 7,000+ hands in PT3 and i have 28BB/100. Playing at $0.02 is easy i wonder if it will be different at $0.05 or if the game get tougher.....?

Took a chunk of my roll and played the $3.30+R and the Weekly 250K on Sunday, barely cashed in the 3+rebuys. Played some 6-max after that and got my ass handed to me, not because I'm running bad, but more that I'm making dumb decisions and outplaying myself, (missing value bets, putting myself into bad positions to get bluffed, etc.) Heading back to full ring NHLE to work on some fundamentals.

Been crushing $.05/$.10 6-max PLO recently. Up almost $60 in the last two days. I'm want to be solidly in the $300's before i go back to $.15/$.25 again. Hands like this definitely help:PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (Button) ($24.45)SB ($21.80)BB ($5.10)UTG ($10.05)MP ($3.30)Preflop: Hero is Button with K :D, 6 :4h, 6 :D, 8 :5cUTG bets $0.20, MP (poster) calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.20, SB raises to $1.10, BB calls $1, UTG calls $0.90, MP (poster) calls $0.90, Hero calls $0.90Flop: ($5.50) 6 :club:, 6 :club:, A :3h(5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checksTurn: ($5.50) 2 :jh(5 players)SB checks, BB bets $2.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $12.15, 1 fold, BB calls $1.70 (All-In)River: ($13.50) 7 :qh(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $13.50 | Rake: $0.65Results in white below: Hero had K :club:, 6 :D, 6 :(, 8 :D (four of a kind, sixes).BB had 5 :club:, 8 :club:, A :ts, A :club: (full house, Aces over sixes).Outcome: Hero won $12.85
i hate bringing up preflop decisions but this one is really bad. don't play hands like this.
i hate bringing up preflop decisions but this one is really bad. don't play hands like this.
I know, I know. I was going through a "double suited+pair is golden" phase. My Omaha game definitly needs some work.

I was down up to $19 last session. I made a very loose call when my QQ was an overpair. I knew I was beat, I said "This guy has a set." I called anyways and I lost a buy in.Normally thats an EASY lay down for me. Thats one of the hands that helped me being down $19. From there I was tilted but I decided to keep playing, I wanted to play and keep control and learn how to stay focused even though I was down. I slowly gained back about $13 and ended the session on a good note. I think you should play even though your on tilt sometimes. You need to learn how to fight through it and be patient, it will really help you stay on your "A" game.I'm gonna play another session, I'll post when I'm done.

Question: What would you do of your FPP? I'm grinding my way up too but i started with significantly less than 50$ so it's hard to earn those FPP. Therefor i can't spend them on bonus cash, any tournament/sng you could suggest me?
If you want to turn FPP's into cash there is a sng sat to the sunday 2 hundred grand tourney for 210fpp's. Its 20 players and top 6 get paid. From there you just unregister and you get your T$11. You can use that to play in whatever you want or you could sell it on 2+2. (or as long as its not too many send me a pm and we'll talk) If 210 fpps is too many there is also a 70fpp sat w/ 10 players but only 1st gets paid so its a little tougher. The play in both these are absolutely horrible.
I'm on my way too. I've started with $22 4 weeks ago and now i'm at $114. I have about 7,000+ hands in PT3 and i have 28BB/100. Playing at $0.02 is easy i wonder if it will be different at $0.05 or if the game get tougher.....?
I found the 5nl game extremely straight forward. It was deffinately easier then 10nl
I found the 5nl game extremely straight forward. It was deffinately easier then 10nl
I played 2 days At 5nl and went from $132 to $95. There was some crazy maniacs at the tables and i lost my buy-in many times on bad beats.I've stepped down to 2nl and i'm at $105 now.
The good: Got all my money in preflop with kings twice today.The bad and ugly: Ran into aces both times.Still just south of $300 again though.
That seems to happen to me a lot, more than usual. I think I've had my aces vs kings more times than my kings vs aces though.
I'm playing in the $11 buy-in NLHE Deep Stacks tournament. I havent played in a deep stack tournament before but I do really well in huge tournaments. Hopefully I can make a good run.
Yeah... my KQs ran into the board of K 2 K 2 5Guy had me covered and had 2 2.I had a bad feeling before putting in the money.

Just extremely CARD DEAD! On all of my tables... all 12 of them... I seriously got blinded out of that money. Id raise and completely miss, it was bad.I'm getting something to eat and then I'll try another session.

I'm playing in the $11 buy-in NLHE Deep Stacks tournament. I havent played in a deep stack tournament before but I do really well in huge tournaments. Hopefully I can make a good run.
I was playing that one too! I was about 5 hours in and well above average in chips when I was dealt 88 and the board came 9-8-brick with 2 clubs. We got all the chips in and I got called by K-10 clubs (probably the absolute best I had hoped to be up against when I got called) and a club hit the turn, cya. It was probably my bad for getting the money in like that against the one guy at the table that could bust me, but oh well. I have the same handle over there, but I don't think i saw you. I also played the $3.30 which I think started at the same time and managed to place 60th for $16. I got way lucky in that one when I decided to gamble with 9-10 against 3 all-ins, (all of which had hands like AK, AQ and QQ, I can't remember exactly) and the flop came 10-10-blank. Really card dead at the moment too.
I was playing that one too! I was about 5 hours in and well above average in chips when I was dealt 88 and the board came 9-8-brick with 2 clubs. We got all the chips in and I got called by K-10 clubs (probably the absolute best I had hoped to be up against when I got called) and a club hit the turn, cya. It was probably my bad for getting the money in like that against the one guy at the table that could bust me, but oh well. I have the same handle over there, but I don't think i saw you. I also played the $3.30 which I think started at the same time and managed to place 60th for $16. I got way lucky in that one when I decided to gamble with 9-10 against 3 all-ins, (all of which had hands like AK, AQ and QQ, I can't remember exactly) and the flop came 10-10-blank. Really card dead at the moment too.
Yeah I played for like an hour in that one tournament. I'm gonna start another session, hopefully I'm not card dead.

Played a long session, I was up $15 at one point. I had QQ vs AA, I over played the queens. I wouldve made $5 more towards the end if my KK didnt run into a rivered ace.Next month I'm gonna be able to get silver star status, I'll miss it by 200 fpps this month.

i dont post in general much, much less these kinda threads. but you seem to have a good grasp on what is needed to build a BRive built several rolls, including my first one from scratch (absolute used to run freerolls every hour), tho mostly playing limit. from experience, by far the hardest part of building one is moving up those first few levels. took me forever to move from .15/.30 limit to .5/1. took me half as long to move to 3/6.so, basically, stick to your guns and dont get discouraged. and dont forget to work on your game a lotGL

Next month I'm gonna be able to get silver star status, I'll miss it by 200 fpps this month.
I'm only 22 points away right now, I think i'll sit down at a $1/$2 limit table and play super tight to hit silver.
i dont post in general much, much less these kinda threads. but you seem to have a good grasp on what is needed to build a BRive built several rolls, including my first one from scratch (absolute used to run freerolls every hour), tho mostly playing limit. from experience, by far the hardest part of building one is moving up those first few levels. took me forever to move from .15/.30 limit to .5/1. took me half as long to move to 3/6.so, basically, stick to your guns and dont get discouraged. and dont forget to work on your game a lotGL
Thanks, I've been wondering why it's taking so long. I was starting to think that I was just slow.I work on my game a lot. Everytime something happens I analyze my play and I always come to a conclusion of why the outcome was good/bad.

I'm trying to do the same but have seemed to run into a wall. Started with $9 and turned that into about $100 over two weeks, then it dropped down to about $70 before I built it back to about $120, then suddenly my luck is spent and it's now at $43. It's like the poker gods have decided to suck out on me.

Next month I'm gonna be able to get silver star status, I'll miss it by 200 fpps this month.
I did some research on how FPPs are earned, and it looks like its pretty tough to make Silver Star off $.15/$.25 NLHE alone, since the pot size has to hit about $8 for you to earn a point. PL Omaha, on the other hand........
I did some research on how FPPs are earned, and it looks like its pretty tough to make Silver Star off $.15/$.25 NLHE alone, since the pot size has to hit about $8 for you to earn a point. PL Omaha, on the other hand........
Once you get to 25nl it shouldn't be a problem. I actually hit goldstar at about 30k hands last month and i've only reached silver this month but i've only played like 15k hands. That being said I'm cashing out about half my roll and switching over to FT w/ rakeback fwiw