Stoudemire Sweepstakes

c'mon...Rafer's at least a D+ shooter :club:
These are Rafer's career 3pt shooting stats (and remember he spent his prime on the playground):906-2546 (35.6%)That's a C+ at least. He really is a decent three point threat. He just does not improve as he moves closer in. I think his lifetime FG% is only 38.5%.
Agree with last two comments. Rafer is an NBA quality PG with an avg to above avg PG 3pt shooting range.
Guys, listen to yourselves. The fact that he's shooting about 38%ish across the board is still anemic *any* way you look at it. He was on fire for Houston's 22 game win streak last season, but that's about it. My god the media "experts" (believe me, I hate using that term, too) weren't hesistant to say Tinsley was actually the better available option, and no one on gods green earth has spent much effort inquiring about Tinsley (and yeah, salary has something to do with that, but still). I really don't see acquiring Alston as doing much of anything positive for Orlando. It would be different if Orlando needed a backup, as Alston is certainly qualified to give you 16 minutes a night and not hurt you.. But it's a huge stretch to consider him a NBA starting point guard for any team with legit options.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, listen to yourselves. The fact that he's shooting about 38%ish across the board is still anemic *any* way you look at it. He was on fire for Houston's 22 game win streak last season, but that's about it. My god the media "experts" (believe me, I hate using that term, too) weren't hesistant to say Tinsley was actually the better available option, and no one on gods green earth has spent much effort inquiring about Tinsley (and yeah, salary has something to do with that, but still). I really don't see acquiring Alston as doing much of anything positive for Orlando. It would be different if Orlando needed a backup, as Alston is certainly qualified to give you 16 minutes a night and not hurt you.. But it's a huge stretch to consider him a NBA starting point guard for any team with legit options.
Kenny Smith said getting Rafer puts them over the top in the East, putting them past Cleveland. I don't agree with that, but he definitely stabilizes their PG spot now. I still don't see them getting past Boston or Cleveland in the 2nd rd.
Kenny Smith said getting Rafer puts them over the top in the East, putting them past Cleveland. I don't agree with that, but he definitely stabilizes their PG spot now. I still don't see them getting past Boston or Cleveland in the 2nd rd.
And Charles Barkley told me athletes aren't role models. Smith's argument has no teeth, since they aren't better than Boston or Cleveland now, and they were already better than Atlanta/Philly/Detroit/etc. with or without "Scud" running their offense. I'm not trying to be an a-hole, but Kenny's ramblings are about as important as me saying the Blazers getting that trade exception last week secures us a playoff spot.. Can you prove me wrong? no. But you can easily point out we were going to the playoffs anyways. There's plenty of point guards that aren't good shooters. But the "difference makers" at least play stellar defense. Your club has a long history of tall PGs with spotty shooting strokes who can bring that lockdown playoff defense w/ a mean streak. You should know what I'm talking about. :club:

Just found out about Amare's injury against the (lol) Clippers.. Yeah, looks like Phoenix's goose is cooked.. Nash/Barbosa/Jrich/Shaq probably not enough to get 8th in the West...On a side note: how cruel to have this happen like 48 hours AFTER the trade deadline. Phoenix could have really done something with the knowledge their goose was cooked in a highly competitive West.. and now they just get to sit there and stare off into space for 30 games.. Too cruel...

Just found out about Amare's injury against the (lol) Clippers.. Yeah, looks like Phoenix's goose is cooked.. Nash/Barbosa/Jrich/Shaq probably not enough to get 8th in the West...On a side note: how cruel to have this happen like 48 hours AFTER the trade deadline. Phoenix could have really done something with the knowledge their goose was cooked in a highly competitive West.. and now they just get to sit there and stare off into space for 30 games.. Too cruel...
I suppose the only plus side is that Shaq's fantasy numbers should go up
I suppose the only plus side is that Shaq's fantasy numbers should go up
That's gotta be outweighed by the danger of Shaq now mailing in the last 30 games, doesnt it?
(Listening to myself again just to be sure)......nope, you're wrong. You said Alston was an F- outside shooter. Someone who shoots mid-30s% from downtown over his career is actually above average. He also understands how to run the point. His deficiency is that he can no longer finish around the basket which keeps his overall FG% down. Most of his shots in Orlando's offense will be threes anyway. I dont think he puts them over the top. Boston and Cleveland are still better. But he is better than what they had behind Nelson by a long shot. They dont have any other options (and I would rather have Rafer over Tinsley.....Tinsley is a complete headcase). This is a positive for Orlando in that they picked up someone to play point who is better than their current options by quite a large margin. Orlando was really thin at point.

I also want LMD to come back to the basketball forum so he can try and explain to me again how the Shaq trade btw Miami and the Suns was a "win-win". Pat Riley must still laugh at Steve Kerr at parties.

I also want LMD to come back to the basketball forum so he can try and explain to me again how the Shaq trade btw Miami and the Suns was a "win-win". Pat Riley must still laugh at Steve Kerr at parties.
I wish there was more team threads going, too! We need to advertise in general that there is a basketball forum, I swear..