Stoudemire Sweepstakes

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gooden comes off the books at the end of the year, and Thomas is still cheap.Paxson hasn't pulled the trigger on trading one of his draft picks in 5 years though, so I doubt this year will be different.
Yeah, Chicago has made an ugly habit on sitting on his hands with 31515135 trade assets for 5 years now. I'd be pretty frustrated in your shoes. There is seriuosly 0 downside in at least making a serious play at Amare.Even Marion (if he could be convinced to stay) would be a solid upgrade on both ends at the (smallish) PF slot.
The addition of Mo Williams made them a legit title contender.
i would disagree, imo the lakers and celtics are clearly better than the cavs, and SA and ORL are just a little bit worse than cleveland. idk i just dont see cleveland being for real
i would disagree, imo the lakers and celtics are clearly better than the cavs, and SA and ORL are just a little bit worse than cleveland. idk i just dont see cleveland being for real
So your putting them in the top 5 teams in the league and writing them off?

^^^^^^^^^Even if you accepted this as 100% truth, you need to realize the NBA champion more often than not ends up being the "healthiest" good team.Boston's big 3 aren't spring chickens (KG's logged a lot of mileage on the odometer for his age), and LA's already lost Bynum.. And jesus, look at poor Orlando's luck this month with injuries.The only real downside to Cleveland is Mike Brown, imo. And Lebron's presence overcomes that. Trust me, no team looks foreward to playing 7 games against Kobe or Lebron in the postseason.

From ESPN...

The Bucks badly want to move Richard Jefferson, and probably will.They're talking with Portland, which is looking for a small forward. And the Bucks are also talking with San Antonio -- Jefferson would really look good in a Spurs uniform.

I dont think the Spurs have the pieces without a third team to land Jefferson.I dont think he fits well there anyways. He does not shoot from the outside well enough, imo.

I dont think the Spurs have the pieces without a third team to land Jefferson.I dont think he fits well there anyways. He does not shoot from the outside well enough, imo.
Probably not, but lord knows San Antonio could use someone besides Parker to drive and create, which Jefferson definitely *can* do. Parker would be a lot fresher come playoff time if he wasn't so hamstrung manufactoring offense for his outside shooters.Latest word in the grapevine is the Bucks want Lafrentz's contract and Batum for Jefferson. If that's all, then consider it a done deal.
Probably not, but lord knows San Antonio could use someone besides Parker to drive and create, which Jefferson definitely *can* do. Parker would be a lot fresher come playoff time if he wasn't so hamstrung manufactoring offense for his outside shooters.Latest word in the grapevine is the Bucks want Lafrentz's contract and Batum for Jefferson. If that's all, then consider it a done deal.
What? Did Chris Wallace take over in Milwaukee and I didn't hear about it?
What? Did Chris Wallace take over in Milwaukee and I didn't hear about it?
No, Herb Kohl is still a tightwad. They need relief in a hurry, and Lafrentz's contract is not only expiring, but 80% of it is paid fully by insurance. So instead of having to pay $5 mil to lafrentz, the bucks (or whatever team gets him) only has to pay roughly $1 mil, and shave $12 mil off their payroll at year end. That's why it's a better deal than WallyWorld or Marbury or whomever else is expiring atm.Speaking of which, the Knicks got the *biggest* expiring contract in Marbury.. I find it hard to believe they haven't been receiving some mad phone calls the way Portland has.
No, Herb Kohl is still a tightwad. They need relief in a hurry, and Lafrentz's contract is not only expiring, but 80% of it is paid fully by insurance. So instead of having to pay $5 mil to lafrentz, the bucks (or whatever team gets him) only has to pay roughly $1 mil, and shave $12 mil off their payroll at year end. That's why it's a better deal than WallyWorld or Marbury or whomever else is expiring atm.Speaking of which, the Knicks got the *biggest* expiring contract in Marbury.. I find it hard to believe they haven't been receiving some mad phone calls the way Portland has.
The thing is that the Knicks don't want to take any other contracts on that will use up cap space in 2010. They have the Lebron dream to keep alive.
The thing is that the Knicks don't want to take any other contracts on that will use up cap space in 2010. They have the Lebron dream to keep alive.
Yeah, two factors probably won out today: 1. ) Lebron + co. in 2010... and 2. ) No one was as desperate as they appeared.Pretty dull day, after all the hoopla. I like what Chicago did. They went from no inside presence to a stable of servicable bigs. As a Raptor fan, you have to be pretty happy to have Marion instead of Jermaine O'Neal and his contract. Now the question remains: will the Raps be able to resign Marion? And if not, who are they going to be able to lure north of the border in the offseason?
Heard rumors over lunch of a deal that would send Shaq to Cleveland.
Yeah, further proof the conspiracy angle has no merit: David Stern would have ordered payoffs and assassainations for the chance to put Kobe and the Lakers vs. Shaq and Lebron in the finals. Man that gives me goosebumps just thinking about it, and I have no love for either LA *or* Cleveland.
Yeah, further proof the conspiracy angle has no merit: David Stern would have ordered payoffs and assassainations for the chance to put Kobe and the Lakers vs. Shaq and Lebron in the finals. Man that gives me goosebumps just thinking about it, and I have no love for either LA *or* Cleveland.
wow, could you imagine if Shaq DID go to the Cavs and made the finals vs. Lakers...what a dream storyline! Cleveland's looking better each day. Delonte should be coming back soon, Garnett is now a ? and Orlando got Alston to replace Nelson (that could be insta-death for chemistry)
wow, could you imagine if Shaq DID go to the Cavs and made the finals vs. Lakers...what a dream storyline! Cleveland's looking better each day. Delonte should be coming back soon, Garnett is now a ? and Orlando got Alston to replace Nelson (that could be insta-death for chemistry)
Chemisty has is just an added bonus: Rafer Alston simply isn't very good. He's a C+ point guard and a F- shooter from the outside. Of course, with all the shooters Orlando has, he won't need to shoot much, but that's one less gun (Jameer was definitely quality) and a big downswing in pure scoring and shooting from the PG spot.The Celtics will be fine. The Cavs will be fine (how they didn't do anything with Wally's contract astounds me, though.. that's a bad sign for 2010).Should be fun to watch the top of the East battle.. I get a first-hand peek at the Hawks this week, hopefully Portland can hold homecourt. :club:
Chemisty has is just an added bonus: Rafer Alston simply isn't very good. He's a C+ point guard and a F- shooter from the outside. Of course, with all the shooters Orlando has, he won't need to shoot much, but that's one less gun (Jameer was definitely quality) and a big downswing in pure scoring and shooting from the PG spot.The Celtics will be fine. The Cavs will be fine (how they didn't do anything with Wally's contract astounds me, though.. that's a bad sign for 2010).Should be fun to watch the top of the East battle.. I get a first-hand peek at the Hawks this week, hopefully Portland can hold homecourt. :club:
c'mon...Rafer's at least a D+ shooter :ts
c'mon...Rafer's at least a D+ shooter :club:
These are Rafer's career 3pt shooting stats (and remember he spent his prime on the playground):906-2546 (35.6%)That's a C+ at least. He really is a decent three point threat. He just does not improve as he moves closer in. I think his lifetime FG% is only 38.5%.
Wow I don't agree with you at all about Rafer.