Stoudemire Sweepstakes

Looks like outside of Nash everybody's on the trading block in Phoenix.Apparently any trade the suns do will have to meet the criteria of lowering salary (or pickup expiring contracts) which means get young talent and draft picks.Let the Stoudamire sweepstakes begin!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder who is going to make a push to get him.Copy/Paste from ESPN Rumors..._____According to league sources, the Bulls are one of several teams engaged in discussions about Amare Stoudemire.Any Bulls package would include the expiring $7.1 million contract of Drew Gooden. Two league sources said the Suns also are most intrigued by forward Tyrus Thomas, and his play on the recent trip explains why. -- Chicago Tribune# Their offer would be centered around Tyrus Thomas, along with the expiring contracts of Drew Gooden and Cedric Simmons. Whether the Bulls sweeten the deal by throwing in Thabo Sefolosha, Andres Nocioni, Joakim Noah or draft picks is negotiable.Don't expect Luol Deng, Kirk Hinrich or Ben Gordon to be included in any trade.Besides the Bulls, the main suitors are believed to be Miami, Detroit, New Jersey and possibly Portland. -- Arlington Heights Daily Herald# Stoudemire has been the subject of trade rumors linking him with several teams, including the Detroit Pistons."It's part of the job," Stoudemire said. "Some years, you have to deal with trade rumors and some years, you don't. It's just part of the trade."As far as the talk about him and the Pistons, Stoudemire said, "I try not to focus on anything but the game, but I hear all the scenarios. It's nice to see that good teams are interested in you." -- Booth Newspapers# The Warriors have thrown their hat into the ring for Suns All-Star PF Amare Stoudemire, who is available if the NBA insider scuttle is to be believed. According to a team source, the Warriors have and likely will continue to have talks with the Suns about a deal. -- Contra Costa Times# Apparently, the talk revved up today and the Warriors were either in direct contact with the Suns or the Warriors' executives were telling other teams that they were.Either way, the Warriors want in on the Stoudemire discussion, and if they don't get him by the Feb. 19 trade deadline, most NBA sources presume that they will try to get involved with any other available young power forward/center, if they aren't already.That, the source cautioned, does not mean that the Suns are intrigued and it definitely doesn't mean that the Warriors are a top candidate for Stoudemire, who can opt-out of his contract in the summer of 2010. -- San Jose Mercury News

Here's a good little scenario rumour builderhttp://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/stor...scenario-090207This would be very interesting...Potential trades for ShaqLAKERS: Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm and D.J. Mbenga• See this trade in the ESPN Trade MachineWhy they'd do it: Yes, the breakup between the Lakers and Shaq was messy. But Phil Jackson has always loved Shaq, and with Andrew Bynum out for a while, L.A. could use someone who could step in and play immediately in the middle. Besides, it would be the best story of the year.The Suns need cap space, and this deal would save them a whopping $21 million next year after all the expiring contracts in the deal come off the booksWhy they wouldn't: The Shaq-Kobe dynamic could capsize the season, especially if their interpersonal drama is re-ignited. Whenever Bynum returns from being injured, there would be a serious logjam in the middle.And things are going pretty well for the Lakers. Do they need to make this drastic a move?There would be no downside for the Suns. In fact, I think they'll move Shaq to any team that can give them cap space -- even the Lakers. And yes, this is an admission that, on second thought, that Shaq deal wasn't such a great move.

Don't expect Luol Deng, Kirk Hinrich or Ben Gordon to be included in any trade.
I don't know why they wouldn't get rid of one of them...they got so many good small players that added a great big would help them so much. I guess it's a buyers market out there.

I don't see Shaq going back to LA, they are playing fine even without Bynum.More from ESPN rumor central....____With the trade deadline less than two weeks away, the rumors are increasing, and several possible deals involve Hornets starting center Tyson Chandler.However, Hornets GM Jeff Bower declined Sunday to say whom they might be shopping or could have an interest in obtaining before the Feb. 19 trade deadline.Bower did say he has made a number of phone calls and has received several inquires from general managers.The latest rumor has Chandler going to the Miami Heat in exchange for power forward Shawn Marion, whose $17.1 million contract expires at the end of this season.

I don't see Shaq going back to LA, they are playing fine even without Bynum.More from ESPN rumor central....____With the trade deadline less than two weeks away, the rumors are increasing, and several possible deals involve Hornets starting center Tyson Chandler.However, Hornets GM Jeff Bower declined Sunday to say whom they might be shopping or could have an interest in obtaining before the Feb. 19 trade deadline.Bower did say he has made a number of phone calls and has received several inquires from general managers.The latest rumor has Chandler going to the Miami Heat in exchange for power forward Shawn Marion, whose $17.1 million contract expires at the end of this season.
wow, West at C and Marion at PF would be pretty sick...I'm surprised how well NO has done considering Chandler has been sucking big time or hurt this year

mmmmmm......wade and stoudamire. I could live with losing Beasley for that.Tyson Chandler? I suppose that is not the worst trade ever for the Heat. If he has a huge contract then I dont like it that much.

Here's a good little scenario rumour builderhttp://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/stor...scenario-090207This would be very interesting...Potential trades for ShaqLAKERS: Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm and D.J. Mbenga• See this trade in the ESPN Trade MachineWhy they'd do it: Yes, the breakup between the Lakers and Shaq was messy. But Phil Jackson has always loved Shaq, and with Andrew Bynum out for a while, L.A. could use someone who could step in and play immediately in the middle. Besides, it would be the best story of the year.The Suns need cap space, and this deal would save them a whopping $21 million next year after all the expiring contracts in the deal come off the booksWhy they wouldn't: The Shaq-Kobe dynamic could capsize the season, especially if their interpersonal drama is re-ignited. Whenever Bynum returns from being injured, there would be a serious logjam in the middle.And things are going pretty well for the Lakers. Do they need to make this drastic a move?There would be no downside for the Suns. In fact, I think they'll move Shaq to any team that can give them cap space -- even the Lakers. And yes, this is an admission that, on second thought, that Shaq deal wasn't such a great move.
you've lost your freaking mind if you think thats even a one in a million chance.
the team that really needs to go for Amare is Detriot. send AI. makes perfect sense to me.stuckeyripprinceamaredoesnt matter.
how about Portland?how's a starting line-up with Roy, Amare, and Aldridge? they could trade any of Oden, Outlaw, Fernandez. maybe it's the fantasy team but I'm becoming a fan of the Blazers just because they have Roy. that kid can play!speaking of fantasy teams...I beat you last week :club:
how about Portland?how's a starting line-up with Roy, Amare, and Aldridge? they could trade any of Oden, Outlaw, Fernandez. maybe it's the fantasy team but I'm becoming a fan of the Blazers just because they have Roy. that kid can play!speaking of fantasy teams...I beat you last week :club:
Wow.. Umm... Hmmm.....Oden Outlaw + Fernandez for Amare + Barbosa (or some stiff to play swing), Lafrentz + Sergio for Richard Jefferson....Bayless, BlakeRoy, Barbosa (or said stiff)Jefferson, WebsterAldridge, FryeAmare, Przybilla.Interesting.. But I don't see it happening... Phoenix is only trading Amare to Portland if it gets Lafrentz's contract back in the deal.. Some combo of Frye/Outlaw/Fernandez/Oden would be a dream scenario for a *real* team, but remember PHX were the idiots who sold us Fernandez (and later James Jones and Sergio) for $3 mil a pop... free and clear.. They do silly things in Phoenix, historically giving up the world to free up space to get under that evil, evil, salary cap!For the Blazers, giving up on Oden would be a PR nightmare... Outlaw is Roy's best friend on the planet.. And for Oden personally, getting the rug pulled out from under him would probably destroy him mentally. Plus Oden doesn't fit into PHXs system.. They'd probably need him for more than the 15 minutes he could stay on the court a night ;)It's far more likely that Portland moves the Lafrentz contract + change for Richard Jefferson, or works out something for Luol Deng (Pritchard has some man-crush on him).I'd love to see Amare in Portland, but I don't see it happening, no matter how much we could technically "give" PHX for it.

I have not seen an Amare scenario that makes more sense than him going to the Heat.They are not getting even 75 cents on the dollar for him at this point. So, getting Marion's contract back and getting a young player as talented as Beasley is as good as Phoenix is going to do.If you are Miami, it is a no brainer obviously. You have two young superstars whose games fit together fine. And you still have Chalmers and Haslem to fill the 1 and the 4 and Cook as the designated shooter for the 3. Piece together a mediocre bench and you contend with that team for years.

For the Blazers, giving up on Oden would be a PR nightmare... And for Oden personally, getting the rug pulled out from under him would probably destroy him mentally. Plus Oden doesn't fit into PHXs system.. They'd probably need him for more than the 15 minutes he could stay on the court a night ;)I'd love to see Amare in Portland, but I don't see it happening, no matter how much we could technically "give" PHX for it.
Portland wouldn’t trade Oden for Amare straight up, much less Oden+. Do you think Portland drafted Oden for his offense? He’s there for rebounding and defense first and foremost and if he gets more than 15 points, that’s a bonus. So they’re not trading a difference-maker on defense for possibly the worst defender in the league, just because they obtain a big-time scorer.

Here is my trade proposal for himKings Send:5 Bobby Brown 8 Quincy Douby 32 Francisco Garcia 20 Donte Greene 31 Spencer Hawes 24 Bobby Jackson 23 Kevin Martin 52 Brad Miller C 33 Mikki Moore 15 John Salmons 9 Kenny Thomas F 34 Jason Thompson 19 Beno Udrih G 22 Shelden WilliamsPhoenix Sends:Amare Stoudemire + 12 guys they recruit at a local phoenix playground.

Portland wouldn’t trade Oden for Amare straight up, much less Oden+. Do you think Portland drafted Oden for his offense? He’s there for rebounding and defense first and foremost and if he gets more than 15 points, that’s a bonus. So they’re not trading a difference-maker on defense for possibly the worst defender in the league, just because they obtain a big-time scorer.
Oden doesn't stay on the floor long enough to make a difference on either end. Regardless, you are right as rain: Portland makes the least sense of all for Amare since they already have Aldridge/Oden/Pryzbilla. We're just one of the few teams with the combo of expiring deals + young cheap talent to make such a deal work. I really expect to see Portland take a run at Jefferson and/or Deng. Portland needs scoring and/or defense from the 3.
Here is my trade proposal for himKings Send:5 Bobby Brown 8 Quincy Douby 32 Francisco Garcia 20 Donte Greene 31 Spencer Hawes 24 Bobby Jackson 23 Kevin Martin 52 Brad Miller C 33 Mikki Moore 15 John Salmons 9 Kenny Thomas F 34 Jason Thompson 19 Beno Udrih G 22 Shelden WilliamsPhoenix Sends:Amare Stoudemire + 12 guys they recruit at a local phoenix playground.
No way you get rid of Thomas's contract that easily! <ducks>
One time.
Honestly, I expect you guys to be right there in the Amare sweepstakes. Lord knows you need Amare more than Portland does. You guys have gone through a revolving door house of horrors in terms of inside presence since Elton Brand left. Dunno offhand how much cap relief you guys got available for trade, though.
Honestly, I expect you guys to be right there in the Amare sweepstakes. Lord knows you need Amare more than Portland does. You guys have gone through a revolving door house of horrors in terms of inside presence since Elton Brand left. Dunno offhand how much cap relief you guys got available for trade, though.
Gooden comes off the books at the end of the year, and Thomas is still cheap.Paxson hasn't pulled the trigger on trading one of his draft picks in 5 years though, so I doubt this year will be different.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements