• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts and Prayers are still with you and your family Daniel if you need anything just I am always around.

Its been about 72 hours since he posted that blog. I know updating us is the last thing on his mind, but I hope there has been some improvement.
This ^^^^Still in my prayers.

Yes. I'm still doing my hour a night, although I confess I've rolled the time back a little because I've got to start getting to bed before 4:00 AM.Buddhism can't really guarantee miracles -- mostly the practice is about the effect it has on us, making us more compassionate and drawing us into a tighter circle of shared suffering, hope, and humanity. But I'm finding the tonglen practice really powerful. The only rule is that as you inhale, you picture as vividly as possible any suffering the object of the practice is going through, and as you exhale, you vividly picture the opposite of that suffering and send it as strongly as you can toward that person. But there are no set words, since you find your own according to the situation. I've settled over the past few nights on the following:Breathing in hospital, I breathe out homeBreathing in pain, I breathe out reliefBreathing in weakness, I breathe out strength (I try to feel this especially on the right side)Breathing in unconscious, I breathe out awakeningThat covered the physical symptoms, but I'm trying to also be compassionate to her inner state, so I added:Breathing in fear, I breathe out comfortBreathing in the past, I breathe out the futureBreathing in confusion, I breathe out recognitionBreathing in sickness, I breathe out healthThe metta meditation is a specific set of four phrases, and I do it first, so it felt natural to do the tonglen in sets of four. I alternate each of the sets above.Sorry it ain't God, Daniel, but as the Dalai Lama says, "My only religion is kindness."

This sucks...but hopefully she'll come out of it with flying colors.

I hope Daniel does not mind me posting this but I am very happy for him today. The news was better yesterday evening regarding his mother! I have no other details than that and out of respect I choose not to say any more. But I can't help but believe that everybody's prayers and well wishes have had a great positive impact. Sly and I continue to hope and pray that this is the beginning of a solid recovery for her! :club:

My reaction to newest blog: :5c:3h:qh:D:D:club::ts:4h:D:D:jh And fondest hopes for continued good news.
I am glad to hear this news Daniel, may she continue to gain her strength daily. My thoughts and prayers will continue.

When I clicked the link to see if the blog was updated and saw the headline, I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding. Congrats on the good news, Daniel, and I hope more continues to follow. Stay strong.

Like many others, I have been checking back here regularly to see if there was any news. This most recent blog has finally put a smile on my face. :icon_biggrin:Keep up the good work, Mrs. Negreanu. :icon_clap:The World Poker Tour website for the LA Poker Classic has a little video interview with Daniel done today. It doesn't really say anything new ... but ... I thought some of you might be interested in seeing it.

I was so happy to read your blog Daniel. I will continue to pray for her complete recovery since I KNOW God can work miracles even with the arm that the doctor is pessimistic about. As for the tournament, do good or your mom will probably punch you with that right arm :club: (jk but you know what I mean)Take careMary aka Nim

Any further news??? Nutz??? Anyone?I hope she's staying stable and going home to Toronto this week, to the best of care and to be near her grandkids.

glad to hear that your mom is back in T.O. Daniel. It sounds like she has a long road ahead of her and that she is fighter. My thoughts and prayers are ongoing as you and your family will need them. Hope all goes well.

Any further news??? Nutz??? Anyone?I hope she's staying stable and going home to Toronto this week, to the best of care and to be near her grandkids.
He did a blog a few days ago, and I've mysteriously lost the ability to talk to him recently, so I don't really know anymore than that. But even if I did I think it's up to him to say anymore about it here.Hope it's going well for her obv.
He did a blog a few days ago, and I've mysteriously lost the ability to talk to him recently, so I don't really know anymore than that. But even if I did I think it's up to him to say anymore about it here.Hope it's going well for her obv.
Scott my thoughts and prayers also go to you and your family. Keep in touch with Daniel as it would be good to share stories, thoughts and feelings as well as being there for each other. Daniel has shared some of his feelings in his blogs I do worry about his Mom and his true feelings. You both are going though rough patches and it helps to know your not alone. I pray that your mothers both to have speedy recoveries, and if god chooses something else then I pray for the peace, painfree and the most loving time spent with them as possible. If you need anything just let me know.Rose