Heavenly father, please watch over Daniels Mom in her hospital bed and give her strength to pull through. Be with Daniel and his family in these hours and give them courage to remain hopeful, and hear there prayers as they turn to you God. Daniel is a good man, God, and loves his mother and speaks of her like no one I have ever known, unabashed honor and love. Please be with him as he deals with this time in his life and watch over your child as only you can.In Christ name I pray to you,amen.
That is so beautiful, I can't think of anything else to say other thanAmen
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heavenly father, please watch over Daniels Mom in her hospital bed and give her strength to pull through. Be with Daniel and his family in these hours and give them courage to remain hopeful, and hear there prayers as they turn to you God. Daniel is a good man, God, and loves his mother and speaks of her like no one I have ever known, unabashed honor and love. Please be with him as he deals with this time in his life and watch over your child as only you can. In Christ name I pray to you,amen.
I haven't prayed in a long time, but I'll take this and run with it. Beautiful.Keep your faith, Daniel. We're all with you.
Heavenly Father, please watch over Daniel's Mom in her hospital bed and give her strength to pull through. Be with Daniel and his family in these hours and give them courage to remain hopeful, and hear their prayers as they turn to you, God. Daniel is a good man, God, and loves his mother and speaks of her like no one I have ever known, unabashed honor and love. Please be with him as he deals with this time in his life and watch over your child as only you can. In Christ's name I pray to you, amen.
I'm sorry, Lois. I don't usually ever correct grammar, but it was bugging me that such a genuine, compassionate, heartfelt appeal to God had errors in it. Very generous and lovely on your part, as witnessed by everyone quoting and responding to it. No disrespect intended on my part.Just an idea -- we could arrange a 24-hour vigil by each of us signing up for a time slot. I'm a night owl, and Buddhist practices take some time to get through. Last night, I burned a candle, prayed, and did metta and tonglen from 3:45 AM to 5:15 AM. Can we in this thread take time slots and promise to do whatever practices we do, religious or secular, so that Daniel and his brother have a 24/7 circle of support right now?
I'm sorry, Lois. I don't usually ever correct grammar, but it was bugging me that such a genuine, compassionate, heartfelt appeal to God had errors in it. Very generous and lovely on your part, as witnessed by everyone quoting and responding to it. No disrespect intended on my part.Just an idea -- we could arrange a 24-hour vigil by each of us signing up for a time slot. I'm a night owl, and Buddhist practices take some time to get through. Last night, I burned a candle, prayed, and did metta and tonglen from 3:45 AM to 5:15 AM. Can we in this thread take time slots and promise to do whatever practices we do, religious or secular, so that Daniel and his brother have a 24/7 circle of support right now?
I'm in the same time zone as Daniel and would be happy to take a 7 am to 8 am time slot.

Daniel,I've been reading your blog and your site and have been a fan now for about six years and this is my first post. This past weekend, my college roommate, who I've known since 5th grade, passed away. He was 34 and a good man. My wife's friend, long time employee in the family business, and now partner who is 51 is on life-support at Mayo with swelling of the brain they can't seem to figure out. And of course your story with your mother. It seems like someone is calling home his angels since it is hard to think of anything negative about these three people. My heart goes out to you, Daniel. Your mom will be in my thoughts and I hope she pulls through this. If I read the men you and your brother have become, your mother has done her job on earth quite well, and maybe that can bring a bit of comfort as you ride this out. With both of the cases I mentioned, the families both created pages at www.caringbridge.org. This might help keep people updated, but also allow them to share their thoughts and prayers with you until your mother recovers. May God's grace comfort you in this time of trial.Brian

I'm in the same time zone as Daniel and would be happy to take a 7 am to 8 am time slot.
I'll keep the 3:00 to 4:00 am time slot. As F. Scott Fitzgerald said, "In the dark night of the soul, it is always 3:00 AM."

Daniel - my prayers are with you, your Mom and your family. Just a suggestion, but you may wish to return to the hospital to be with your Mom. Although there is not much you can do other than be there for her, I think you will be glad that you did regardless of the outcome. I know I certainly was glad that my family stayed with my Mom on a continuous round the clock basis last week.Again, my prayers are with you, your Mom, and your family. It is such a whirlwind, I know, but hang in there and be strong for your Mom and your family.Derrick

Yeah, what's with the 's? Wow. I have no idea where my head was that day. You're a dork. That being said, I am down to cover a time slot. I am usually up around 7:30 EST, I can promise to do what I do around that time for a bit. That being said, Daniels Mom and Daniel himself has been in my thoughts constantly, so that's not really going to be all that hard to do.
Yeah, what's with the 's? Wow. I have no idea where my head was that day. You're a dork. That being said, I am down to cover a time slot. I am usually up around 7:30 EST, I can promise to do what I do around that time for a bit. That being said, Daniels Mom and Daniel himself has been in my thoughts constantly, so that's not really going to be all that hard to do.
The apostrophes were a freebie; it was the "their/there" thing I had to fix. Yeah, I am a dork, but let's do this ... 24 hours of support for as many 24-hour periods as necessary.

sorry david i haven't been around for a while and just read your blog entrymy prayers for you and your mothernamaste

Daniel - my prayers are with you, your Mom and your family. Just a suggestion, but you may wish to return to the hospital to be with your Mom. Although there is not much you can do other than be there for her, I think you will be glad that you did regardless of the outcome. I know I certainly was glad that my family stayed with my Mom on a continuous round the clock basis last week.Again, my prayers are with you, your Mom, and your family. It is such a whirlwind, I know, but hang in there and be strong for your Mom and your family.Derrick
Daniel - I have been reading your newspaper articles/blogs and this forum for years now and have never sensed this level despair. I could feel your anxiety flowing through your blog today about your Mom. I know the doctors told you there is nothing you can do, but I agree with Derrick, you need to get back to the hospital. Get some rest, get some good, healthy food in you, and go back there - take turns with your brother if you need a break. Hold her hand, talk to her, just be there. When she wakes up she will be scared with all the tubes and apparatus and she will need your smile to let her know she is going to be ok. This will help all of you!We are so glad she is in the US where she can get quality medical care now. You and your family are in our prayers.Aloha,

Daniel, I am praying.One of my favorite verses is Psalm 73:26, and I think it's very much relevant here: "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."Oh, and I just thought of another one:Isaiah 66:13: "As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted..."God bless you all!

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours Daniel. Stay strong and believe...it will do you, your brother and Mommy a world of good. I agree with some of the others in as far as being there (if possible) when she wakes. My mother and grandmothers (RIP) have all been in for extended stays and had all said that it meant the most to them to see the face of a loved one when they came to.Get some rest, get your head and heart in a good place and spend some time there. She knows you're in the room and that might be all it takes to get her over this roadblock.

Hi, So sorry about your Mom. Hang in there buddy, she'll be fine.I'm sending prayers and good vibes your way.I went through some of this with my mother. She was unconsious and not very responsive to us. We just kept visiting her and talking to her every day. She will know that you're there.God Bless