Derrick, so sorry. Of course you and your mom will be added to everyone's list here, I'm sure. You and your mom are lucky that you've realized the truth of your signature file now, instead of years from now when it's too late.
Keeping both of your moms in my prayers.
Thank you.
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DanielI will trade you prayers for our mothers. My Mom has been in hospital since December 24 and this week they told us that she has lung and bone cancer, and on Wednesday they called us in saying she had 1 hour to live, after undergoing a broncoscopy (lung cancer test the previous day). I know all too well about the reduced mental state coming and going as Mom was impacted by the drug they used to get her lungs going after the procedure. Was just coming back today when had another setback, and back to not being very coherent.It is a difficult time, I would strongly suggest you follow her back to Toronto and camp out at the hospital. True we all get care in Canada but the doctors and nurses are very overworked and sometimes things fall between the cracks, so your Mom really needs you or your brother there as her advocate at ALL times until she gets better - that has been my experience with my Mom's stay.My Mom is badly in need of a runner runner runner runner runner board at the moment - I hope yours has a much higher chance of recovery.My prayers are with you at this difficult time. It is rather bizarre that I decided to come to the site for some diversion from the past month and then I see this.Best of LuckDerrick
Derrick Sorry to hear about the lost of your mother this morning, my prayers are with you. You have my condolences.Daniel I hope your mother is improving and my prayers continue for her and your family.
Derrick Sorry to hear about the lost of your mother this morning, my prayers are with you. You have my condolences.Daniel I hope your mother is improving and my prayers continue for her and your family.
Where did you see that Derrick lost his mom? Anyway, if true Derrick, I'm very sorry to hear that. I lost my mom last year and it's really a tough time. You have my sympathies and prayers.

he sent me a PM and posted in General poker

thanks for the update Daniel on your Mom. I hope all goes well with the surgery. My thoughts and prayers will continue

Wonderful news, Daniel. My friend's mother is 83 years old and just had open heart surgery, blocked artery, pretty much exactly the same situation. Gail was really worried that her mom wouldn't be able to handle it. The thing is, heart trouble is so slow and subtle that Gail and her mom had just gotten used to her mom being frail and tired easily. They chalked it up to old age. But after the heart surgery, she was getting so much more oxygen in her blood and so much better heart function that now she's full of energy and feels decades younger. My grandfather was exactly the same way after his. It's deeply worrying, but when heart surgery goes well, people are so much better afterward it's amazing. As I did for Gail, I'm envisioning a future of you being very happy at your mom's health afterward.[Edit: P.S. I'm still doing the metta and tonglen practices for her.]

Hi!!, Dani, I wish the very best for your mother, i hope she will revcover soon. And about your brother, u told that's a canadian thing , I rather thing it's a romanian thing :club:. Wish u the best.

I hope all went well with the surgery today. I just skimmed the blog yesterday, in the middle of doing something else, and didn't even really register that the surgery was today. Yet this morning, driving downtown, I was seized with really intense thoughts about Daniel's mom. Very weird. I said a prayer and did a little short practice right then. It wasn't until logging in as usual tonight that I saw the first few lines of the blog and realized the surgery must have been going on at that moment. I've only ever had that happen with close friends before. Strange, strange.

Heavenly father, please watch over Daniels Mom in her hospital bed and give her strength to pull through. Be with Daniel and his family in these hours and give them courage to remain hopeful, and hear there prayers as they turn to you God. Daniel is a good man, God, and loves his mother and speaks of her like no one I have ever known, unabashed honor and love. Please be with him as he deals with this time in his life and watch over your child as only you can. In Christ name I pray to you,amen.

Keeping your mom in my thoughts, and sending out positive vibes her way. These docs sound like they know what they're doing, so I'm keeping my hopes up for you.On a personal note, and I know it is completely unsolicited advice, but don't worry about LA right now. I think you'll find a lot of peace and solace in spending time with your brother and being close to home. I know we don't know each other, but I am just speaking from the heart.

Daniel I just wanted to let you know that my girlfriend and I are praying for you and hope that your mom is able to make a full recovery. I'm sure it must be incredibly hard for you right now, but try to stay positive and keep good thoughts in your head. I can't even begin to comprehend how you feel, but talking to others around you and just saying how you feel can help relieve some of the tension you're feeling right now.

Hang in there Daniel. There's a lot of love around for your mom and all of you. No matter what, everything will work out for the best. Try to hang in. We're here if there's anything at all we can do/say/think. Prayers and meditations and positive energy are a given, sir. Peace and love to you all...Bruce/shamanalix