who is this guy? i'v been seeing him writing articles on alot of sites about how to play poker. he talks like he knows everything about poker yet i'v never seen him do anything to prove it. does anyone know what his story is, other than him preaching on how to play omaha and 10 20 hold em had he daon anything?

He's a largely cash game player from the Netherlands I believe. While I don't think he has done much tournament-wise on the poker mainstream, he gives great PLO & HE advice, although I think he is a bit tight for my tastes. If your trying to tighten up your game, his articles are a good way to go. He states that he generally plays in larger PLO games and that appears to be his speciality. His articles are the only reason I read pokerpages.com

who is this guy? i'v been seeing him writing articles on alot of sites about how to play poker. he talks like he knows everything about poker yet i'v never seen him do anything to prove it. does anyone know what his story is, other than him preaching on how to play omaha and 10 20 hold em had he daon anything?
buddy, most of the respected pros arent on tv. get over the travel channel, its not the real poker world.

For whatever it's worth I love reading Rolf Slotbloom and I think he's a pretty smart cookie.He's got a lot of good articles archived with pokerpages. You really should check them out before reading one or two articles out of context, not using the brainpower to figure out what he's saying, and immaturely attack him or his poker achievements.

I agree: His columns are great, but his limit hold-em quizzes aren't all that great. I'm still annoyed by the idea of folding A9 suited against a blind raise :club:

I agree: His columns are great, but his limit hold-em quizzes aren't all that great. I'm still annoyed by the idea of folding A9 suited against a blind raise :club:
Hey vade do you ever play live in Madison? I've been playing at the green room a little bit more often and with more free time with the graduation thing probably will play a little more.
i actually got upset because i got below 70 on my score, than i realize the games are faster over here in the us especially ca. hope this guy makes it to the us, knowing him will be +ev for any level of player.
Hey vade do you ever play live in Madison? I've been playing at the green room a little bit more often and with more free time with the graduation thing probably will play a little more.
Hey. I play at CueNique on Wednesdays for the 25 dollar tournament.I have not been to the Green Room at all, and am headed back to Milwaukee on Friday. Unfortunately, I haven't made the money at all there :D but it's a lot of fun (except for the damn smoke)

Cool, yeah I hear you about the smoke. Its always nice to have a reminder of how bad you smell after 5-6 hours of poker, when you smell your clothes the next day. Maybe I'll make the Wednesday tournament.

That'd be cool :)I'll be wearing a red T-shirt, and jeansI have glasses and short buzzed brown hair, and I always get there fairly early (by 6:35 or so-because it often sells out)