Hey Slimmies

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has CF....... you are a nurse and still make statements like this?God help the patients you see.
You are as good a nurse as you are a poster. LOL.
you might actually be retarded
getsprung
Just wow....doesn't even know why it's wrong. Wow
hey guys, one thing is I love to joke but don't insult my nursing judgements. Because I will back it up with medical evidence every time. Getsprung your last remark shows how dumb you really are because I am not wrong this time. Maybe by overreacting but I am tired of you guys knocking my nursing judgements. All I want is the best for Christain a quality of life and if a few pounds will help then that's great. So if I am hurting him by enouraging him dam I will quit nursing now and fu ck you all.
getsprunghey guys, one thing is I love to joke but don't insult my nursing judgements. Because I will back it up with medical evidence every time. Getsprung your last remark shows how dumb you really are because I am not wrong this time. Maybe by overreacting but I am tired of you guys knocking my nursing judgements. All I want is the best for Christain a quality of life and if a few pounds will help then that's great. So if I am hurting him by enouraging him dam I will quit nursing now and fu ck you all.
I don't think you want to fu ck all of them at once, but hey if that's your thing.
getsprunghey guys, one thing is I love to joke but don't insult my nursing judgements. Because I will back it up with medical evidence every time. Getsprung your last remark shows how dumb you really are because I am not wrong this time. Maybe by overreacting but I am tired of you guys knocking my nursing judgements. All I want is the best for Christain a quality of life and if a few pounds will help then that's great. So if I am hurting him by enouraging him dam I will quit nursing now and fu ck you all.
britney-spears-bald-400a030207.jpg
That's kind of a good news/bad news situation.
LOL.
Yes he has CF, so a little weight is not going to harm him if he puts it on slowly and builts it as muscle. It will strenghten his lungs actually.
Since sarcasm doesn't seem to be working... let me just spell it out!HE HAS TRIED PUTTING ON WEIGHT! WHY DO YOU THINK HE EATS (And drinks) 6K CALORIES A DAY??? I REALLY DON'T THINK HE NEEDS YOU TELLING HIM IT'S OK TO EAT!! PRETTY SURE HE KNOWS ABOUT HIS SITUATION A HELL OF A LOT BETTER THAN ANYONE HERE!
Since sarcasm doesn't seem to be working... let me just spell it out!HE HAS TRIED PUTTING ON WEIGHT! WHY DO YOU THINK HE EATS (And drinks) 6K CALORIES A DAY??? I REALLY DON'T THINK HE NEEDS YOU TELLING HIM IT'S OK TO EAT!! PRETTY SURE HE KNOWS ABOUT HIS SITUATION A HELL OF A LOT BETTER THAN ANYONE HERE!
I have a better solution.....well, it will be for me anyway! Chroz, I will GIFT you 50 pounds of my mass!!! See! Win/win
I'm sure the many doctors he has seen over his life have just missed that, right.
Exactly. Do you think you are suggesting some novel treatment by telling him that it would be beneficial to gain weight?Nearly any experimental trial that makes it to the clinical stage will be shown to have SOME effect in SOME [sub-] populations.Don't believe everything you read in the primary literature. You have to be able to read these articles comprehensively and interpret the results for yourself. Look for weaknesses in their analysis and interpretation. Don't just take everything they say and automatically agree with them. In many cases--no, not all, but many--the authors are pushing an agenda and data can be very susceptible to manipulation (given a large enough sample size, pretty much any bivariate analysis can be shown to have a p < 0.05). Do you think the New England Journal of Medicine is more likely to accept a study which found statins have a "statistically significant" effect on cholesterol, or one that found no difference at all?/biostatistics lecture you shouldn't need as a healthcare professional
Are you constipated?
A) its not baseball/softball season so my exercise routine is limited to walking to/fro my carB) I think my metabolism may not be as effective on beer as it used to be which could potentially be very bad
Exactly. Do you think you are suggesting some novel treatment by telling him that it would be beneficial to gain weight?Nearly any experimental trial that makes it to the clinical stage will be shown to have SOME effect in SOME [sub-] populations.Don't believe everything you read in the primary literature. You have to be able to read these articles comprehensively and interpret the results for yourself. Look for weaknesses in their analysis and interpretation. Don't just take everything they say and automatically agree with them. In many cases--no, not all, but many--the authors are pushing an agenda and data can be very susceptible to manipulation (given a large enough sample size, pretty much any bivariate analysis can be shown to have a p < 0.05). Do you think the New England Journal of Medicine is more likely to accept a study which found statins have a "statistically significant" effect on cholesterol, or one that found no difference at all?/biostatistics lecture you shouldn't need as a healthcare professional
I am not suggesting a trial drug, just looking at possible answers. All I stated he could be healthier at 125lbs. then I get critized for saying that. There is a ton of articles in Pub med as well on the CCF web sites the weight gain is beneficial to a certain point. It improves lung functioning and helps the immune system fight infections. People can pick on me all you like I don't care but don't knock my nursing judgment or make cracks about the type of nurse I am because you have no clue. When I have observations or any thoughts that I present to our team or the doctors I back up the data that I collected, or most times the doctors respect my comments based on my experiences. I also been right on 2 previous counts with Chrozzo on other things. any ways subject is closed no more on this as it turning into a big Drama
116 at hospital today
wtg Chrozzo , gee only 9 lbs away from what I thought was realistic by the end of May
All I stated he could be healthier at 125lbs.
Do you think you are suggesting some novel treatment by telling him that it would be beneficial to gain weight?
then I get critized for saying that.
No one criticized you. As you mention, there is a lot of published information stating that many CF patients benefit from eating more to overcome malabsorption issues. It is a simple medical fact. Your original reply was "your are a rack of bones, it's a wonder that your not healthy. my god Eat." Even if it was not what you actually meant, it is still a pretty ignorant statement, especially coming from a nurse. It is obvious that he would have been advised and treated by doctors in the hopes of gaining weight for his entire life.
I am not suggesting a trial drug, just looking at possible answers. All I stated he could be healthier at 125lbs. then I get critized for saying that. There is a ton of articles in Pub med as well on the CCF web sites the weight gain is beneficial to a certain point. It improves lung functioning and helps the immune system fight infections. People can pick on me all you like I don't care but don't knock my nursing judgment or make cracks about the type of nurse I am because you have no clue. When I have observations or any thoughts that I present to our team or the doctors I back up the data that I collected, or most times the doctors respect my comments based on my experiences. I also been right on 2 previous counts with Chrozzo on other things. any ways subject is closed no more on this as it turning into a big Dramawtg Chrozzo , gee only 9 lbs away from what I thought was realistic by the end of May
I took a shit this morning that may have more useable content than anything you've ever posted on this site. Re-read your original post in this thread and see if you can't figure out why everyone jumped down your throat.

now honesty, would you like it if someone said you cheat when you deal, or I hate you. Mind you many people do say that so you shrug it off. But when they complain about your attitude or your manners, would you not take it as an insult, and try to make then more satisfied. It's how I feel when someone attacks my nursing judgements

now honesty, would you like it if someone said you cheat when you deal, or I hate you. Mind you many people do say that so you shrug it off. But when they complain about your attitude or your manners, would you not take it as an insult, and try to make then more satisfied.
wtf.jpg