Search button yielded nothing. DN hyped this up 2-3 years ago and I haven't heard much since. I assume it fell through.EDIT: MEANT PPL not PPT

2 different concepts..The Professional Poker Tour (PPT) was essentially an extension of the WPT, which was an invite-only freeroll for WPT/WSOP(i think) winners, with some sponser exemptions thrown in the mix. Since it was essentially a freeroll, there was pretty smallish prize pools, and only paid the final table IIRC.The nice part about the PPT, like PAD, was that it focused on the entire tournament and showed a ton of the "real poker" (the grinding aspect) that is so deathly absent from most televised poker content these days. Since it never generated a ton of revenue or interest outside of diehard poker players, it was never renewed... Prolly didn't help that Mark Seif was hosting, but that's neither here nor there..The PPL was a fantasy draft-type thingy DN and a bunch of poker players dreamed up a while back that would either mimic the PGA Tour or function like a team event with standings, etc.. I'm rusty on the PPL, since nothingwhatsoever really came of it. Someone else can fill i the details. Cyndi Violette's blog gives a brief mention to the structure that was supposed to take placehere's a link to the actual draft that supposedly took place. Man, I can't find any word on what actually happened to this. Looked like a cool idea, too.I do miss the PPT though, some great poker viewing enjoyment I had watching it.

2 different concepts..The Professional Poker Tour (PPT) was essentially an extension of the WPT, which was an invite-only freeroll for WPT/WSOP(i think) winners, with some sponser exemptions thrown in the mix. Since it was essentially a freeroll, there was pretty smallish prize pools, and only paid the final table IIRC.The nice part about the PPT, like PAD, was that it focused on the entire tournament and showed a ton of the "real poker" (the grinding aspect) that is so deathly absent from most televised poker content these days. Since it never generated a ton of revenue or interest outside of diehard poker players, it was never renewed... Prolly didn't help that Mark Seif was hosting, but that's neither here nor there..The PPL was a fantasy draft-type thingy DN and a bunch of poker players dreamed up a while back that would either mimic the PGA Tour or function like a team event with standings, etc.. I'm rusty on the PPL, since nothingwhatsoever really came of it. Someone else can fill i the details. Cyndi Violette's blog gives a brief mention to the structure that was supposed to take placehere's a link to the actual draft that supposedly took place. Man, I can't find any word on what actually happened to this. Looked like a cool idea, too.I do miss the PPT though, some great poker viewing enjoyment I had watching it.
it was supposed to air on ion, but the ppl lost a lot of sponsor money so it was never able to get on the groundthe ppt was 500k freeroll and was great poker to watch on tv. good quality final tables as well since it was invite only

The PPL business plan required large sponsorship money that was going to come from online poker sites. The UIEGA passed and that money dried up so the PPL never got going.