Women > Poker? Sigh

I broke up with my girlfriend three or so weeks back and have been gradually going through all the usual sob story stuff since. Don't worry, I'm not looking for sympathy. I might be a relative baby when it comes to post count, but I've seen enough of these forums to expect nothing but savagery and mockery from the lovely folks here! :club: I guess I bring you a cautionary tale. The cliffnotes are - don't let a female get between you and poker!She hated poker. She hated poker so much she threw fits about it. She didn't understand it in any way, mind you. She had discussed it with her friends though (none of them played) and 'they all agreed it was gambling and couldn't be good.' One night it got completely beyond what I could take, I was getting grief from her on msn, feeling rather rash, and I voluntarily excluded myself from Stars and FT for the maximum 120 day period to show her how serious I was about her. To show that I didn't love 'that dumb game' more than her. This was off the back of two really good months, where I'd been playing solid and cashed out over $2,500 profit (good work for me) and given her a decent amount of that for shopping fun.In retrospect, I was very dumb! It was another compromise that made no difference to her and now I have my time back to play poker, but can't get on the two biggest sites. I'm out until March. It's frustrating to say the least!What's the point of all this? Well, I guess I learned a lesson. Some things feel like love but end up in pain and regret. Poker is faithful and poker trusts you. It never asks you to choose between it and 'that dumb girl'. Don't let poker down and don't compromise. You'll regret it!So, has anyone else has done anything dumb and poker related for the sake of a woman?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I broke up with my girlfriend three or so weeks back and have been gradually going through all the usual sob story stuff since. Don't worry, I'm not looking for sympathy. I might be a relative baby when it comes to post count, but I've seen enough of these forums to expect nothing but savagery and mockery from the lovely folks here! :club: I guess I bring you a cautionary tale. The cliffnotes are - don't let a female get between you and poker!She hated poker. She hated poker so much she threw fits about it. She didn't understand it in any way, mind you. She had discussed it with her friends though (none of them played) and 'they all agreed it was gambling and couldn't be good.' One night it got completely beyond what I could take, I was getting grief from her on msn, feeling rather rash, and I voluntarily excluded myself from Stars and FT for the maximum 120 day period to show her how serious I was about her. To show that I didn't love 'that dumb game' more than her. This was off the back of two really good months, where I'd been playing solid and cashed out over $2,500 profit (good work for me) and given her a decent amount of that for shopping fun.In retrospect, I was very dumb! It was another compromise that made no difference to her and now I have my time back to play poker, but can't get on the two biggest sites. I'm out until March. It's frustrating to say the least!What's the point of all this? Well, I guess I learned a lesson. Some things feel like love but end up in pain and regret. Poker is faithful and poker trusts you. It never asks you to choose between it and 'that dumb girl'. Don't let poker down and don't compromise. You'll regret it!So, has anyone else has done anything dumb and poker related for the sake of a woman?
True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend...
Shoulda just did the 7 day thing and edited the email saying it was 120 days. I guess you could play on *cough* absolute.

honestly when i broke up with my gf of two years i felt like the world ended but thats when i really started gettin serious about poker and it really was my only stress relief.... pry not what you wanted to hear but just my $0.02

True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend...
Is that Old School?And I'm not bothered about the breakup, she was mental, I'm bothered I can't play poker on Stars or FT. But thanks for the sympathy anyway.
Is that Old School?And I'm not bothered about the breakup, she was mental, I'm bothered I can't play poker on Stars or FT. But thanks for the sympathy anyway.
yes thats from old school an its amazing.
If you say she was "mental", then why were you with her? If it doesn't bug you then maybe you should have cut if off sooner and you wouldn't be in this mess. Let me guess, you got alot of sex?
Sex is overrated
If you say she was "mental", then why were you with her? If it doesn't bug you then maybe you should have cut if off sooner and you wouldn't be in this mess. Let me guess, you got alot of sex?
Crazy Chicks usually give the best head ... just throwin that out there.
Well, mental takes time to shine through! The warning signs were probably there soon enough that I should have noticed before the poker foolishness mind you.I'm a gentleman, I couldn't possibly comment on sexy time. ;)Edit - I'm kinda proud I made a thread with so many rapid replies. I knew something good would come of this. Ah, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :club:
... And it stops right there and it continues right here, because what I think my friend dapokerbum is trying to say is that true love is blind.