The Official *weeeeee* Toronto Blue Jays 2009 Thread

Welcome to reality Blue Jay fans.
Not really a surprising result.Wakefield always gives them fits and he seems as good as ever and then the Jays throw two very raw rookie starters.The reality is that the success so far has been amazing considering the starting pitching situation. I think a reasonable season for the Jays will be between 85 wins and on the high side 95 if everything bounces the right way. Will about 90 wins be enough for the Wild Card ?No matter what happens they are at least fun to cheer as there isn't anybody on that roster who I don't want to succeed. The GM with the big nose on the other hand I hope loses his job.
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is important to have a winning record against your division, especially in your division with the Yankees and BoSox.Jays are 4-5 against the east. So plenty of time for that to change but look at Boston, 16-6. I just don't think over the full course of the season the Jays will be at the top fighting. I could be wrong but I think over time the East will simply eat them up. Only time will tell though, that is why they play the games. /cliche

I've been saying it all along, the Jay's can't win games by leaving innings with guys in scoring position. It happens every other inning and often with bases loaded. When your 3,4,5 spots aren't driving in the runs you aren't going to win many games. Yea the Jay's pitching staff have given up their share of runs but there's more to their problems right now than pitching. Nice to see Wells produce a little more last night but he's got to lead the team more and drive in runs. He hasn't hit a homer or driven in an RBI since May 6th. It's very easy for momentum to switch sides when your top guys don't knock in any runs with bases loaded, regardless of how good your pitching is.

I've been saying it all along, the Jay's can't win games by leaving innings with guys in scoring position. It happens every other inning and often with bases loaded. When your 3,4,5 spots aren't driving in the runs you aren't going to win many games. Yea the Jay's pitching staff have given up their share of runs but there's more to their problems right now than pitching. Nice to see Wells produce a little more last night but he's got to lead the team more and drive in runs. He hasn't hit a homer or driven in an RBI since May 6th. It's very easy for momentum to switch sides when your top guys don't knock in any runs with bases loaded, regardless of how good your pitching is.
ironically pitching isnt really the problem..The Jays lead the AL in WHIP, 3rd lowest ERA
ironically pitching isnt really the problem..The Jays lead the AL in WHIP, 3rd lowest ERA
Yea I know, which is exactly my point.

I was @ the 12-10 game in Baltimore. Halladay pitched great, the bullpen just blew it. Frasor is good too. Rest of bullpen looked terrible

• 2 weeks later...
New piece of crappy news...Jesse Litch gone for 18 Months with Tommy John http://bleacherreport.com/articles/196144-...-injuries-mount
i think we have like 4 or 5 guys that have gone or going through Tommy John surgery.I think this team will be sick next year if we can get these guys all back, and the young guys will develop...We may have enough pitchers for two rotations in a year or two..Now regarding RIOS, what a douche bag...First rule of celebrity, NEVER EVER EVER talk back, yet alone swear at a fan...
i think we have like 4 or 5 guys that have gone or going through Tommy John surgery.I think this team will be sick next year if we can get these guys all back, and the young guys will develop...We may have enough pitchers for two rotations in a year or two..Now regarding RIOS, what a douche bag...First rule of celebrity, NEVER EVER EVER talk back, yet alone swear at a fan...
Man if I had a dollar for every time you've said that...
  • 3 weeks later...
Okay I decided also to do a bet with cardcoreYankee's and Jays seris total games 18 in all $5.00 per game for each win. At the end of the seris between the 2 teams whoever is up will pay the winner $5.00 x the number of games won between them. to be paid on pokerstars at the end of the season. So if the Jays win 12 of the 18 then Seth will owe me 12 x 5= $60 - his 6 wins = $30Jays VS at homeTue May 12 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 5 Yankees 1Wed May 13 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 2 Yankees 8Thur May 14 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 2 Yankees 3Jays awayFri July 3 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays 2 Yankees 4Sat July 4 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Sun July 5 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Mon July 6 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays at homeTue Aug 4 NY Yankees 7:07 Wed Aug 5 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays awayMon Aug 10 @ NY Yankees 7:05 Tue Aug 11 @ NY Yankees 7:05 Wed Aug 12 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays homeThur Sept 3 NY Yankees 7:07 Fri Sept 4 NY Yankees 7:07 Sat Sept 5 NY Yankees 1:07 Sun Sept 6 NY Yankees 1:07 Jays awayTue Sept 15 @ NY Yankees 7:05 Wed Sept 16 @ NY Yankees 7:05 So I am in and will post on the Jays thread as well so Cardcore if this is a bet book it on both threadsbooked hereI am in Seth at 6:47pm May 12book it, ill be at wsop this year, probably not wpt niagara though
game sucked today, 4 game set this weekend
Sat July 4 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays 5 Yankees 6 , 12 inningsJays had the lead in the 6th with 5-3, 7th inning bases loaded could not cash any runs in.Bottom of 7th our ace pitcher Halliday gives back the runs to tie the game into extra innings. blah as it went.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Okay I decided also to do a bet with cardcoreYankee's and Jays seris total games 18 in all $5.00 per game for each win. At the end of the seris between the 2 teams whoever is up will pay the winner $5.00 x the number of games won between them. to be paid on pokerstars at the end of the season. So if the Jays win 12 of the 18 then Seth will owe me 12 x 5= $60 - his 6 wins = $30Jays VS at homeTue May 12 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 5 Yankees 1Wed May 13 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 2 Yankees 8Thur May 14 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 2 Yankees 3Jays awayFri July 3 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays 2 Yankees 4Sat July 4 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays 5 Yankees 6 12 inningsSun July 5 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays 8 Yankees 10Mon July 6 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays 7 Yankees 6Jays at homeTue Aug 4 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 3 Yankees 5Wed Aug 5 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 4 Yankees 8Jays awayMon Aug 10 @ NY Yankees 7:05 Jays 5 Yankees 4Tue Aug 11 @ NY Yankees 7:05 Jays 5 Yankees 7Wed Aug 12 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays homeThur Sept 3 NY Yankees 7:07 Fri Sept 4 NY Yankees 7:07 Sat Sept 5 NY Yankees 1:07 Sun Sept 6 NY Yankees 1:07 Jays awayTue Sept 15 @ NY Yankees 7:05 Wed Sept 16 @ NY Yankees 7:05 So I am in and will post on the Jays thread as well so Cardcore if this is a bet book it on both threadsbooked hereI am in Seth at 6:47pm May 12book it, ill be at wsop this year, probably not wpt niagara though
updated for today's game dam game sucked, currently down 7-2 chrozzo and cardcore are killing me

Rios is gone..Not sure what to think..His numbers are decent, but I cant remember a game where he actually won it for us...Remember a ton of games where he killed rallies.He is an idiot, for swearing at a fan and refusing autographs.HE may become the 30 30 guy for the White Sox that he has the potential for.Either way Ricciardi made a huge mistake:One signing him to that contract, and two not trading him when he had the chance..

All in all, I think it's a good move for the Jays. I think signing him to that deal in the first place maybe wasn't the best thing, but a guy making his money should def be hitting somewhere in the neighborhood of his numbers from last year. If this year was a sign of things to come from Rios, then it was a really good move. Next up, Vernon Wells is my guess. He has been very Rios like, and the end of his contract is just stupidly expensive. I highly doubt anybody would take that contract on though.

• 3 weeks later...