The Official *weeeeee* Toronto Blue Jays 2009 Thread

wow, Cito has really got these Jays going. so what are the chances the Jays can keep this up throughout the year?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, Cito has really got these Jays going. so what are the chances the Jays can keep this up throughout the year?
I think winning the division will be tough as the Red Sox are just too tough..However if we get Janssen,Litsch,Romero healthy and maybe Mcgowan later on in the season, we have a very good chance at the wild card..Cito is a genius with the hitters.
I think winning the division will be tough as the Red Sox are just too tough..However if we get Janssen,Litsch,Romero healthy and maybe Mcgowan later on in the season, we have a very good chance at the wild card..Cito is a genius with the hitters.
totally agree but Cito has always made an awesome coach plus genius with the hitters. I wouldn't praise Boston too much they will faulter too. I will say it again. I had this feeling from the start. This is our season. ;)time will tell they play Boston in Boston next week on the 19th, 20th, 21st then in Torontoon the 29th, 30th, 31st
Game #1 Blue Jays 5 Yankee's 1 Halladay pitches a complete game weeeeeeeeeee
Game #2 Blue Jays 2 Yankee's 8 Sigh, no pitching, Hill gets hurt

Hi Jason, Thank you for emailing TSN regarding TSN2. Please know that we at TSN understand your frustration and confusion about this situation. Please allow me to give you some background on the negotiations. More than a year and a half ago, TSN initiated discussions with major distributors on carriage agreements for TSN2. Within the first month of TSN2’s official launch in the fall of 2008, most major English-market distributors accepted terms to carry the channel. TSN is a sports broadcaster and we are in the business of bringing sporting events to as many Canadians as possible. So when sports fans are not able to access our service – our business suffers. Carriage of TSN2 on television service providers across the country remains a priority for us and we will continue our discussions in good faith – making every effort to work out deal that is fair to all parties involved. Please note that at the beginning of the 2009 season, the upcoming three-game series between the Toronto Blue Jays and the Boston Red Sox was not scheduled to be broadcast in Canada. However, the Blue Jays have agreed to make the full series available on TSN2. When the Blue Jays approached TSN about broadcasting the three-game series with the Red Sox they were aware of TSN’s existing commitment to broadcast the upcoming NBA Conference Finals on TSN and had no objection to having the Blue Jays/Red Sox games made available exclusively on TSN2. While unfortunately there is still no agreement in place with Rogers at this time, we are encouraged by the fact that the Rogers-owned Blue Jays see the value of the channel and have agreed to have five of their games broadcast exclusively on TSN2 – including what will be an extremely important series against the Red Sox. TSN2 is an important part of our broadcast strategy in our on-going effort to give sports fans more choice when it comes to watching live sporting events. Once again, we understand the frustration of sports fans who can’t access TSN2 and we appreciate your patience as we continue negotiations. We encourage you to please contact your television service provider directly for further clarification on their intentions to offer TSN2 to their customers. Regards,SimonTSN Audience Relations----------------------------------------------original emailHello, Perhaps TSN2 is a great station for games outside of Toronto (including MLB, NHL, etc.) But to totally isolate ALL of Rogers subscribers for the blue jays vs red sox (and many other Toronto games) is totally unfair. It's not our fault that Rogers & TSN can't work out a deal together and yet we have to pay for it. There is also no way in hell I'd ever switch to Bell just to watch TSN2. I just wanted to let you know that I've been so disappointed with TSN over the past 6 months that I've unsubscribed to your HD channel. Jason

its all poppycock....I got a similar response last year..Funny thing is I pay something like $25 a month for the full sports package..This includes all out of market NHL,NBA,MLB,NFL, NASCAR ,OHl etc..Since I pay this extra fee i should be able to pick up the Boston feed through Extra innings...However since its televised in my area on TSN2 I wont be able to...Even though I CANT get TSN 2..Its so ****ing annoying.

that's going to suck, what about RSN 1,2,3,4 it's got to be covered on one of them?

that's going to suck, what about RSN 1,2,3,4 it's got to be covered on one of them?
NOPE

I have mountain cable vision so I get Tsn 2 I hope anyways 1st seris lost at home for jays game #3 blue jays 2 Yankee's 3

Jays had their chances, last couple of games they have left innings with bases loaded. Those are the times when you expect one of the hottest hitting clubs to pull through, that one tonight costed them the game and was the turning point imo.

Jays had their chances, last couple of games they have left innings with bases loaded. Those are the times when you expect one of the hottest hitting clubs to pull through, that one tonight costed them the game and was the turning point imo.
QFTalso the bull pen needs some work lol

Going to the game tonight with my wife and son..He is 4 and is very excited....LETS GO JAYS

Going to the game tonight with my wife and son..He is 4 and is very excited....LETS GO JAYS
you picked a great game to go to Serge , Nice win for them 8-3 but sad crowd of 17,200 for a Friday night.
you picked a great game to go to Serge , Nice win for them 8-3 but sad crowd of 17,200 for a Friday night.
Ship it again..This time another amazing pitching performance by a rookie...

wow, did they ever sox it to the white sox's weeeeeeeeeeee

They keep on chugging along. Yeah, the Boston series should be a doozy. Fortunately Ortiz and Boston's starting pitching are in a bit of a slump. Tallet, Cecil and Ray though, it doesn't sound promising although it's really amazing how this staff keeps putting up stupid numbers despite their lack of experience.One more series then interleague!One more thing, can some mod please remove the sigh from the title. We need to think positive.

They keep on chugging along. Yeah, the Boston series should be a doozy. Fortunately Ortiz and Boston's starting pitching are in a bit of a slump. Tallet, Cecil and Ray though, it doesn't sound promising although it's really amazing how this staff keeps putting up stupid numbers despite their lack of experience.One more series then interleague!One more thing, can some mod please remove the sigh from the title. We need to think positive.
totally agree remove the sigh comment, lollets kick some butt in Boston
its all poppycock....I got a similar response last year..Funny thing is I pay something like $25 a month for the full sports package..This includes all out of market NHL,NBA,MLB,NFL, NASCAR ,OHl etc..Since I pay this extra fee i should be able to pick up the Boston feed through Extra innings...However since its televised in my area on TSN2 I wont be able to...Even though I CANT get TSN 2..Its so ****ing annoying.
Hey - TSN 2 now available to Rogers. Should've saw this move coming, those idiots made me believe otherwise.http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=279043
Wakefield (W, 5-2) 8.0 5 1 1 2 3 I believe the term I am looking for is 'owned,' or possibly 'booom.'
Pretty much expected. When the Yankees or BoSox are on the schedule the "domination" of the Jays seems to take a vacation.
Pretty much expected. When the Yankees or BoSox are on the schedule the "domination" of the Jays seems to take a vacation.
Well, they finished with a winning record vs. them last year with a worse team. If they can manage to finish .500 vs. the Sox/Yanks, considering how they are doing vs. the rest of the American League, they should still be able to finish well.God damn Wakefield though. Watching him pitch tilts me. Between the batters not being able to make good contact and his catcher not being able to catch his pitches, for some reason it drives me nuts. It's going like 60 miles an hour. It looks so easy.
God damn Wakefield though. Watching him pitch tilts me. Between the batters not being able to make good contact and his catcher not being able to catch his pitches, for some reason it drives me nuts. It's going like 60 miles an hour. It looks so easy.
I know, I feel like striking out against him should be totally embarrassing. But on the other hand of course, the fact that his catcher can't even catch the goddam ball is a pretty good sign of how hard it must be to hit :club:.http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds...all_thats_left/From the article:
"[Tim Wakefield] is the most underrated pitcher of the last decade," said Millar.Millar, one of the Red Sox' 2004 "Idiots," homered for the fourth time in 30 at-bats against Wakefield, providing the Blue Jays their only run in a 2-1 loss to the Sox last night in a game that lasted just 2:13.Wakefield shut down a team that entered the game leading the league with a .289 average and leading the majors with 422 hits. Wakefield did it with a 65-mile-per-hour wiggly pitch and an occasional 75-m.p.h. "heater," one of which he blew past Marco Scutaro for strike three in the first inning.Wakefield outdueled Brian Tallet, a 6-foot-6-inch lefthander who allowed four hits and two runs over six innings. Wakefield's effectiveness showed in the eight popups the Jays hit in eight innings."I was telling [catcher Rod] Barajas that there were a lot of popups and nubbers, which shows you how amazing the guy is throwing out there," said Millar. "I was just trying to see the ball, but when it's dancing like it was tonight, there's not a whole lot you can do with it."He had it working and I know from watching him and facing him over the years that if he's on a roll, you're just not going to get to him."