The Official *weeeeee* Toronto Blue Jays 2009 Thread

I looked up team stats and the Jays are in the top 5 in very many offensive categories, but average overall in all pitching categories.This is the exact opposite of last year where their pitching was really strong but they couldn't hit a beachball.
Considering though where there pitching "should" be according to critics, i think it's a huge accomplishment to be where they are.
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are awesome..We are killing the ball, except for Rios who went back to back 0 for 5.The pitching isnt as bad as could be. Romero and Richmond have looked good , and Purcey has the right stuff to be a great pitcher.Imagine the rotation next year with Marcum and Mcgowan. If we can keep Doc, this team is going to be a powerhouse for a few years.We are 8-3 , but as Dan Shulman said yesterday, its only 11 games. Equivalent of one game in the NFL.But it sure is fun.

Love Cito back at the Helm. He was always the best at bat instruction. I can feel a great season ahead. Those games against the Twins were awesome just worried about keeping the pitchers healthy.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeee2 of 3 from the A's BJ Ryan breaks Cust 40 game reaching on base in todays win Solid pitching today. Rio's got to start hittingyesterdays 12th innning homerun winwe are now 10- 4 , bring on the Rangers on Tuesday

Won every series so far, sick...
I agree with this, but you guys haven't played any great teams yet. Let's see how you do against the Yankees, Red Sox, Rays and another good teams. I am rooting for you guys. :club:
I agree with this, but you guys haven't played any great teams yet. Let's see how you do against the Yankees, Red Sox, Rays and another good teams. I am rooting for you guys. :club:
I'm not; normally I would be, but I want Halliday available at the deadline.
I agree with this, but you guys haven't played any great teams yet. Let's see how you do against the Yankees, Red Sox, Rays and another good teams. I am rooting for you guys. :ts
yup we are afraid of the Yankees..That same team that gave up 22 runs in one game... :club:
yup we are afraid of the Yankees..That same team that gave up 22 runs in one game... :club:
actually we usually do well against the yankee's bring them on, especially now :lol:Serge did you watch the Game today and how they talked about Stiebs no hitter in Cleveland I was at that Game all the games that weekend, one of my fav weekends the Jays killed them that entire weekend.
I concur, they've only been playing non-playoffs teams so far...
Ok Chrozzo and I decided on a bet Jays vs Yankee's. total wins vs each other for the sersis Jays VS at homeTue May 12 NY Yankees 7:07 Wed May 13 NY Yankees 7:07 Thur May 14 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays awayFri July 3 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Sat July 4 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Sun July 5 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Mon July 6 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays at homeTue Aug 4 NY Yankees 7:07 Wed Aug 5 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays away Mon Aug 10 @ NY Yankees 7:05 Tue Aug 11 @ NY Yankees 7:05 Wed Aug 12 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays homeThur Sept 3 NY Yankees 7:07 Fri Sept 4 NY Yankees 7:07 Sat Sept 5 NY Yankees 1:07 Sun Sept 6 NY Yankees 1:07 Jays awayTue Sept 15 @ NY Yankees 7:05 Wed Sept 16 @ NY Yankees 7:05 The Loser is to buy the Winner a beer for every game Won over the sersis so it will be a good drunk for the winner. The bet to be settled at the end of the season when we get together most likely 2010 FCP meet up or at 2009's WPT NAPC Niagara Falls So I am In for this. Will post this on this thread and the Jays right Chrozzo
I am in for this
LOL, the last time I checked the Blue Jays weren't a playoff team either. Let's all just relax.
but the difference is Cito has the whole year now, that's the difference. there's a lot of energy in this team same energy I felt in 85, 92 and 93 weeeeeeeee
but the difference is Cito has the whole year now, that's the difference. there's a lot of energy in this team same energy I felt in 85, 92 and 93 weeeeeeeee
you crack me up...in a good way, not in a "roll my eyes" kinda way.
I'm not; normally I would be, but I want Halliday available at the deadline.
exactly. GO JAYS!
LOL, the last time I checked the Blue Jays weren't a playoff team either. Let's all just relax.
this. the jays haven't made the playoffs in a while iirc. wait till you guys face the good teams.

following the jays on a daily basis for many years and 2 things usually happen. The bats heat up and the pitching goes south they lose 9-8 games or the pitching heats up and the bats go south they lose 3-1 games. So far this year the opposite has happened everyone knows the bats will cool off its a matter of them winning these 3-1 games and getting the quality starts at the right time. The bullpen is solid and the batting lineup is solid I thought we might be weak in the 1-2 slot but Hill and Scutaro have been better than average. The starting five is thin though Doc is the best and most consistant pitcher in the league (just look at the numbers) and Romero might be a pleasant surprise (I love ground ball contact pitchers they keep the game moving and last longer than KO pitchers) but the 3,4,5 slots are horrible. The Jays will need Marcum back soon I think he will be back in May hopefully with the control on his slider and his fastball in the 90's. If Dusty wasn't out for the year I would be happy with the starting 4 but right now they only have 2 major league worthy starters. Purcey would have been sent down if we had a worthy replacement.

??I'm agreeing that the Jays should only be taken seriously when they can beat top tier teams.
??I'm agreeing that the Jays should only be taken seriously when they can beat top tier teams.
time will tell, and I have faith in Cito and companybut what really tilts me is the title of this thread looooooooool *sigh*
time will tell, and I have faith in Cito and companybut what really tilts me is the title of this thread looooooooool *sigh*
ya that sucks...The love is not flowing yet to our Jays..Tonight the best pitcher in baseball goes for 4-0..

Nice to see Rio's finally back to hitting the last 2 games. Hope our pitching hangs on. Chicago White Sox this weekend

Look at those bats go 14-0 top of the 9th weeeeeeeeeeeee