You were losing that bet for sure. Last night proved how much more important he is than Croft.I like your team, except wtf at Powell? Heaslip owns that jersey. Powell hasnt been that impressive and has no intelligence. Heaslip has been doing the grunt work and has the ability to spark at any moment.That backrow would get destroyed against south africa, Croft isn't a no6 for a team like South Africa. Hes amazing but not what we need, we are already in trouble at the breakdown. Heaslip will need to be there to cover up for what croft is lacking.I think I'd put Jones in for the first test even though I have a man crush on ROG.The 11 is a tough one but yea I like Moynes physicality, I think Fitzgerald is the best winger there but he only had one game on the wing and doesnt deserve a test spot on one performance.Byrne is an animal, if you keep Kearney out of a team especially with his performance against the Golden Lions, you have to be world class and Byrne is amazing.
I agree on Monye, his physicality and speed does it for me - especially in defence. imo he's probably the most improved player in the UK over the past season and i think he's done enough to keep Fitz out.With regards to Powell, i think the lions need some someone with his physicality at the breakdown and although he is a risk, i think its a risk they might take. Heaslip is a similar player to Croft, in my mind, especially with the ball in hand - rangey and quick with great hands. Powell is a much more straight up, in your face type of guy which i think they'll need. If they go with Worsley over Croft then you could have Heaslip in there and Wallace at 7. I like Williams' ball winning/cheating but i am not sure how his injury will hold up. Alternatively, i guess you could keep Powell on the bench as an impact guy but what use is an impact player if you're down by 14 with 60 minutes gone?I think the front/back rows are probably the only real question marks now aside from fly half perhaps but i would choose ROG every time over Jones.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my.What a match.

• 2 weeks later...

Such gheyness, Springboks being filthy dirtbags as usual, massive LOL @ de Villiers saying eye gouging has a place in the game.One thing i will say, the Lions backline looked incredible in the first half of the 2nd test, you would think they were playing together since they were schoolboys they all seemed so aware and the passing was so fluid.Though with a depleted squad i can't see the Lions doing much in the 3rd test as much as i'd love to see the boks get hammered.

• 6 months later...

Wow, someone please go to these and give me a trip report http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_unio...ish/8454438.stmBump for the 6 nations! I can't wait. Would expect it to be between France and Ireland with France having advantage as they play Ireland at home and Ireland also have England away.Nice to watch a Six Nations as champions, never seen that coming.

nearly that time of year again, very exciting. i cant look past france as champions although they did get destroyed by the all blacks recently. i havent clicked your link but i assume its the 3d thing. i am considering going to the ireland one but i dunno if i'd rather just watch it in a pub in twickenham somewhere instead, probably a better atmosphere.

I think its time for Scoltland to make a come back. I mean we did beat Australia recently (by, ahem, defending deep the whole game and relying on a missed conversion at the end)!

I do not know to much about Rugby but I just saw Invictus.What I wan't to know is if the movie was true to the history.Were the scenes, games and scores true?Is the Chester character real and the only black player? Or did they just add him for dramatic effect?Did Mendela actually play Rugby? Was he really that big of a Rugby fan?Did the captain of the team actually visit Mendela's jail cell?Were there other moments that are possibly not true?

I do not know to much about Rugby but I just saw Invictus.What I wan't to know is if the movie was true to the history.Were the scenes, games and scores true?Is the Chester character real and the only black player? Or did they just add him for dramatic effect?Did Mendela actually play Rugby? Was he really that big of a Rugby fan?Did the captain of the team actually visit Mendela's jail cell?Were there other moments that are possibly not true?
the rugby world cup final in 1995 was between south africa and new zealand and if memory serves, the score was 9-9 at full time and south africa won 12-9 after extra time thanks to a joel stransky drop goal. chester williams was a real player, played on the wing. he was very quick and an excellent finisher. he was the only black player in the team.i have no idea whether pinaaer visited mandela in jail or not but mandela was introduced to the teams pregame.
  • 3 weeks later...

i am a lock to win this, all i need is craig gower to go batshitcrazy again and italy have literally no shot. their front row is good but that alone won't win you a test match. for anyone who isnt familiar with gower, his wikipedia is a must read:Gower's wikipedia page who do i ship my entry to?i normal do a detailed prediction post but i dont have time today cos i am literally about to head out the door but brief predictions:England to beat Wales by 1-3Ireland to beat Italy by 21-24France to beat Scotland by 10-12

Wow."In 1999, Gower exposed himself to a female Irish tourist in a Coogee bar, blaming his behaviour on alcohol intoxication. He was dumped from the Kangaroos Squad and fined $2,500 by the NRL and a further $500 in court after pleading guilty to indecent exposure.[5]Gower was fired as Panthers captain in December 2005,[6] after incidents at a charity golf event where he argued with several guests, groped the teenage daughter of former league player Wayne Pearce, chased Pearce's son with a bottle before vomiting on him, streaked around the resort, wrecked a golf cart, held a butter knife to the throat of a Sydney radio personality and threw the knife at resort guests before being kicked out of the function by security.[7] Gower was handed a "final warning" by the National Rugby League and fined $100,000, with $90,000 to be paid to an NRL programme encouraging the responsible use of alcohol by league players and $10,000 to replace the destroyed golf cart.[8] Gower was "deeply unhappy" that the Penrith Panthers club did not defend his reputation, and at one stage threatened to "walk" from the club.[9]Allegedly inebriated with alcohol in a bar at Kings Cross on 11 February 2007, Gower allegedly tried to kiss one man before biting him on the neck and sparking a brawl, and is accused of assaulting another man.[10][11] The Panthers club controversially reappointed Gower as captain in 2007, claiming the Peppermint Lounge incident was just a media "beat-up".[12]Australian swimmer Dawn Fraser said Gower was unfit to be captain, due to his alleged lewd behaviour at the charity golf event which she attended,[13] and Sarah Maddison, spokesperson for the Women's Electoral Lobby, said "reappointing Craig Gower would send all the wrong messages.""I've never heard of him, now I love him.One of the reasons I love this tournament is I have no idea how 4 of the teams will play. Can't call England Wales but Ireland Italy will be tight and Kidney will be happy with that. Kidney is just amazing on how he handles the players, when asked if playing Italy the worst team and then having to play a team a like France next is something Ireland are thinking/preparing for, he responded "No, we're not good enough to spend time thinking about, first we have to play Italy who in the last two meetings at Croke Park we have only won by one score"Hes great, no mention of the trashing we gave them last time we played in Italy. I really do love Kidney

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rin, whats your screenname you win $50 with Italy.Me and you both won so no point shipping to each other, let me know your screenname so you can get paid.