How Bad Did I Play That

It's ok i understand that you don't want to tell your specific strategy, one more thing... I'm searching for some good stuff to read about omaha 8, so if you know any good books or even long internet articles please let me know.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, im back again :)Im trying to open up my game a little bit and not only playing premium hands and i'm getting f**** pretty often because of it, want to know what u think about that hand.Full Tilt Pot-Limit Omaha Hi/Lo, $1.00 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (CO) ($92.50)Button ($87.35)SB ($141)BB ($38.55)UTG ($29.25)UTG+1 ($100)MP1 ($45.10)MP2 ($88.30)Preflop: Hero is CO with 5spade.gif, 3heart.gif, Aheart.gif, 3club.gif4 folds, Hero bets $3, 2 folds, BB calls $2Flop: ($6.50) 4spade.gif, 6spade.gif, 6heart.gif(2 players)BB bets $1, Hero calls $1Turn: ($8.50) Aclub.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $5, BB raises to $10, Hero calls $5River: ($28.50) Aspade.gif(2 players)BB bets $24.55 (All-In), Hero calls $24.55Total pot: $77.60 | Rake: $3

Im trying to open up my game a little bit and not only playing premium hands and i'm getting f**** pretty often because of it, want to know what u think about that hand.
You have a draw to the nut low with a two, but odds are villain has a two given the line, so you have three outs. Your straight draw is not necessarily the nut high draw given the paired board. This is the type of move donkeys make with aces in micro holdem. I guess it could be the same although it's pretty ridiculous. If you don't put him on a hand during the flop you need to raise here. He probably can't three bet without the goods there.River fold I would have to think, it feels like you are getting scooped. I think you are lucky if the set holds. I could be being nitty here fwiw

The stakes I play are much lower but at the micro stakes that kind of donkbet on the flop is usually indicative of a nut low draw, so I'd be inclined to put him on an A2 on the flop. But then his min check-raise on the turn when the Ace hits is a big show of strength and completely inconsistent with a bare A2. On the river there is no way I'm calling a bet that large unless I'm confident I can take at least half. You're far from the nuts in either direction.

It's still hard for me to give up the pot in some situations, i think that i should have bet only 3$ on the turn and give up after his reraise but somehow i never think that minraise is a sign of a strong hand i'm paranoid and think that they try to bluff me out cheaply  :club:

• 3 weeks later...

Please don't be offended, but by the 3 examples you have given I would recommend you stick to hold 'em. The situations you described were all very standard and you seem to have grossly misplayed at least the first two hands. How you didn't get as much money as possible in on the flop with the nut low and nut flush draw seems incomprehensible to me. Oh well, good luck. If you do stick with Omaha h/l and improve you will see it is the best game to earn a consistent profit at, although I prefer limit to nl or pot limit.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your comment drewlovesomaha, i'm not offended at all, good criticism is always welcome and i know that i suck and need to learn a lot.I've got a new hand against one opponent i would always fold such set but against more than 2 it should be ok i guess even though 1 guy was short, so was the play ok? Is that play against 2 big stacks ok too?http://www.pokerhand.org/?4315268 I'm in Seat 3: UTG+1 ($47.70) 

Oh i missed that sorry :club: @antistuffThanks for the advice i'm using the odds calculator from twodimes already, it's very helpful indeed to be there even 55 to 45 % in favor makes you in longterm profit, right?
to me being a 45% dog means i get to shove all my money in if there is even a 5% chance the guy folds somewhere. just because its a big bet game don't forget there is already money in the pot. in that hand from pokerhand you should really be raising the flop.edit: i think my math is wrong in the first sentence since if there is money in the pot you actually need him to fold less than that.

I'm afraid that by raising the flop i would scare away the low chasers, so i thought it would be better to get them in the boat and wait for them to raise on the turn to commit them. Not a good idea?

I'm afraid that by raising the flop i would scare away the low chasers, so i thought it would be better to get them in the boat and wait for them to raise on the turn to commit them. Not a good idea?
you want to scare away the low chasers. by not raising you made it correct for them to call.

What i meant to say is that to play that hand in the spot against one oponent is not very profitable because he will be on a freeroll a lot of times with his low + flush/straight draws so i wanted to have as many of the guys involved in the pot as possible...

What i meant to say is that to play that hand in the spot against one oponent is not very profitable because he will be on a freeroll a lot of times with his low + flush/straight draws so i wanted to have as many of the guys involved in the pot as possible...
if you had jj34 maybe. your hand actually isn't that strong here. if somebody has 34xx you only have like 60ish%.
And that's the reason i wanted to have as much opponents involved as possible, am i really wrong?
on that board there will almost always be a straight possible by the river unless you boat up. it will be very hard to play this in a 4 way pot and not make bad calls and bad folds on the river. really, you shouldn't mind if you just raise here and everybody folds.