Daniel I just got to watch(DVR) the WSOPE after the Super Bowl. You ran really really good! You played 5,3 clubs against AK flopped a boat and you were still lucky enough to have a king hit so you got paid off big. The one thing I don't get is the guy with AK is a huge fan of yours, why did he jam it with one pair when he had to know that flop hit your range hard? Here's a belated congratulations well done! (I am now standing and doing the wave)Good luck in 09!Now did you tip the dealers that dealt ya those mini monster hands?

How did you remember you had an account here three years ago and then come back?No rudeness or anything met, I'm always glad for new members wanting to learn, I'm just kind of curious about your long absense and rediscovery.

How did you remember you had an account here three years ago and then come back?No rudeness or anything met, I'm always glad for new members wanting to learn, I'm just kind of curious about your long absense and rediscovery.
No kidding member number 275?
I was a member of the first incarnation of FCP(prior to the online poker skin version). I have always read thru all the incarnations I just wasn't active in the forums. I do think one should gain some experience in a lot of situations before repeating silly questions or dispensing what may be flawed strategy or advice. I am now a winning player so I feel a little more qualified to post. Daniel sent my son an autographed photo years ago after I emailed him and told him he was my son's favorite player. When the site changed the first time I kind of thought it was a disaster and I didn't check in nearly as often I'm not even sure I rejoined that incarnation. I later regretted it when the protege thing came about but oh well(I think preference was given to old members). I did not " forget" that I had an account here. My entire family has followed Daniel's career since he first emerged at Foxwoods in 97 and the WSOP in 98. I didn't play much online poker then and lost a little but enjoyed the live game. Daniel has had more influence on my game and my family's then any single player. I have been a member of two training sites and I am an avid listener to pokerroad.com and all the shows. Daniel turned me into a Kenny Tran fan when he raved about his "reading" ability. I am an avid poker hobbyist not a pro by any means. I hope this somewhat explains my "sudden recall of my membership" it really wasn't sudden at all. With Daniel playing the limits I play it has peaked my interest and gives me a measuring stick to judge the state of my own game. Thanks again Daniel!There are many lurking who may or may not be members, lots of them I will call them the "silent majority"(hate to steal from Nixon). Just because someone posts or doesn't post should hot be construed as anything negative or positive. I am a long time member of 2+2 yet I seldom post there. The same for lots of other Poker forums which I and others are members. I try to pluck a few gems here and there and apply them to my game. The first people who ever frequented this forum are still here. I read every update of Daniels blog, I browse the forums from time to time. I hope this answers your question #19,998 that number is as insignificant as #275. #1 is still here somewhere I bet. All the best!P.S. I hope you understand that number of posts has nothing to do with how actively one follows the forums.
I was a member of the first incarnation of FCP(prior to the online poker skin version). I have always read thru all the incarnations I just wasn't active in the forums. I do think one should gain some experience in a lot of situations before repeating silly questions or dispensing what may be flawed strategy or advice. I am now a winning player so I feel a little more qualified to post. Daniel sent my son an autographed photo years ago after I emailed him and told him he was my son's favorite player. When the site changed the first time I kind of thought it was a disaster and I didn't check in nearly as often I'm not even sure I rejoined that incarnation. I later regretted it when the protege thing came about but oh well(I think preference was given to old members). I did not " forget" that I had an account here. My entire family has followed Daniel's career since he first emerged at Foxwoods in 97 and the WSOP in 98. I didn't play much online poker then and lost a little but enjoyed the live game. Daniel has had more influence on my game and my family's then any single player. I have been a member of two training sites and I am an avid listener to pokerroad.com and all the shows. Daniel turned me into a Kenny Tran fan when he raved about his "reading" ability. I am an avid poker hobbyist not a pro by any means. I hope this somewhat explains my "sudden recall of my membership" it really wasn't sudden at all. With Daniel playing the limits I play it has peaked my interest and gives me a measuring stick to judge the state of my own game. Thanks again Daniel!There are many lurking who may or may not be members, lots of them I will call them the "silent majority"(hate to steal from Nixon). Just because someone posts or doesn't post should hot be construed as anything negative or positive. I am a long time member of 2+2 yet I seldom post there. The same for lots of other Poker forums which I and others are members. I try to pluck a few gems here and there and apply them to my game. The first people who ever frequented this forum are still here. I read every update of Daniels blog, I browse the forums from time to time. I hope this answers your question #19,998 that number is as insignificant as #275. #1 is still here somewhere I bet. All the best!P.S. I hope you understand that number of posts has nothing to do with how actively one follows the forums.
well said ive been reading the forum and the blogs for years finally became a member last week because ive been playing more often.
  • 2 weeks later...
I lurked in the forum closet for about a year before I came out.
I've been lurking on and off for almost 2 years now. Just decided I wanted to take the game more seriously and being active in the forum would help my game
I have nothing to add, but want to see my user #Carry on
Darn you...now I want to see mine. I may be among the top ranking people who have the lowest post counts vs. amount of time being a member. Yay me for something.

i have also been reading the strategy discussions without posting for awhile and just barely joined when i had a specific question for others about my game.