Super Bowl Xliii Champs

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cardinals are whining too.Cardinals miffed there wasn't a replay when QB hit by Steelers' WoodleyTAMPA, Fla. - Were the Arizona Cardinals robbed of one last shot at the end zone in Super Bowl XLIII? They think so.Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner — who was sacked and lost the ball at the Steelers' 44 with five seconds left — was wondering why it was so hastily determined he fumbled. He thought it was an incompletion.Warner said his arm was coming forward when the ball was knocked out by Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley. “I was really surprised on that one because I was definitely moving my arm forward to throw the ball,” Warner said. “I thought I’d almost gotten the ball off, so yeah, it does surprise you that in that kind of situation — five seconds to go to decide the Super Bowl — you would think it was something they’d do. But maybe somebody saw it clearly.” According to NFL VP of Officiating Mike Pereira, the replay official upstairs did see the play clearly. “We confirmed it was a fumble,” said Pereira. “The replay assistant in the replay booth saw it was clearly a fumble. The ball got knocked loose and was rolling in his hand before it started forward. He has to have total control.” When the officials on the field ruled it was a fumble, the Steelers sideline surged forward, earning Pittsburgh a 15-yard personal foul penalty that moved the ball to the Pittsburgh 29.At that point, there’s often a pause and several television replays are cycled through. But the pause between plays was brief. “I don’t know what they see, and what makes them decide that but I was actually on the sidelines expecting a review,” Warner said. “We all assumed it would happen.” While the confetti flew on the jubilant Steelers, Cardinals kicker Neil Rackers ran up to an official and appeared to press him for an explanation. Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt also was irked by the seemingly random ending. “I was hoping it would be (reviewed),” he said. “I knew it was inside two minutes and it was a booth review. Obviously I would have liked to seen it replayed because it looked to me that Kurt was throwing the ball.”

whether it was a ''catch'' or not, it was one hell of a pass and grab.
I think everyone is referring to the Warner fumble, not the Steelers touchdown.As for my post on the first page, both feet were down, I was just trying to get a reaction lol. I'm obviously a Raider fan still bitter about the emmaculate reception. I don't think I was even born when it happened... but I'm still pissed.

Funny that Big Ben said in the post-game, that he thought right after he threw it "That's pick."That was one of the best throws I've ever seen, especially given the situation.

I think everyone is referring to the Warner fumble, not the Steelers touchdown.As for my post on the first page, both feet were down, I was just trying to get a reaction lol. I'm obviously a Raider fan still bitter about the emmaculate reception. I don't think I was even born when it happened... but I'm still pissed.
24_LL4.jpg
GREATEST FRANCHISE IN SPORTS!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! GO STILLERS!
LOL YankeesCelticsLakersBullsCanadiensRedWingsaments
1 foot wasnt down.... his hands aren't even on the ball in this picgo raiders
You're a fucking retard and should prob die. Nothing you post ever makes sense and you are in your 20s and look 60.
congrats to the steelers and their fans. :club: First to six!
TY sir.
BAN
<3
THe announcers kept referring to Mike Holmgren and their Superbowl vs. the Steelers whenever a penalty was called. I don't remember what happened back then. Did the Steelers get away with a lot of non-calls?Congrats to all Steeler fans from a Niner.
Lol at Mike Holmgren bein so salty.
Very sloppy game, last 8 minutes were hell! SIX TIME, WOO, SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPION STEELERS! WOO!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I'll be at the parade, meet up?
GREATEST FRANCHISE IN SPORTS!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! GO STILLERS!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
LOL
You're retarded.
Beers on me in Vegas buddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(and dinner on Nutz !!!!)
Read GetSprungs reply.
For all Steelers fans? WOOO!! Night just got better! Six times better!!!!! WOOOOOO
this.
LOL YankeesCelticsLakersBullsCanadiensRedWingsaments
Bulls? What the hell were the Bulls/have been the Bulls without MJ? You're retarded too.

We wouldn't even be having this debate if Kurt Warner hadn't thrown that pick 6 to end the 1st half, or if the Cardinals defense would have actually at least half-ass played that final Pittsburgh drive. GG Steelers, the Cardinals only have themselves to blame. The final play should have at least been reviewed given the magnitude of the situation, don't think it would have been overturned but it still should have been looked at closer.

We have a small superbowl party every year here in Holland with some friends and I had to take half a day off for work because the game ended at 4:15 in the morning here. I think the game was great for the neutral viewer and we had a blast betting on every imaginable subject of the game. The Steelers not having to make a fieldgoal for 23-23 overtime made me a sweet €50,- and another €120,- for being closesed to the combined score with 49. Of course I lost every other bet during the game including a 1-10 bet for €5,- for the interception touchdown...how the **** could I lose that bet!?We were rooting for the underdog but were really hoping to see a good game. Since we never really see any NFL games during regular season we are not spoiled with good or bad games so for me the game was great to watch. Congrats to the Steelers and I can't wait for next year!!Jan

Pirates > Anything Chicago.
You should be banned just for this
You're retarded.Bulls? What the hell were the Bulls/have been the Bulls without MJ? You're retarded too.
That has nothing to do with it fuck stain.

FWIW, the first overturned warner "fumble" was TOTALLY correctly overturned. There was zero doubt. In fact the ref's probably would have normally called it an incomplete pass, but in light of the DEN/SD hochuli snafu from earlier in the year, I'm sure they were prepped in pre-game meetings to make the call that CAN be challenged in close cases.The second one, at the end of the game, was a pretty close call. Once again, they made the right call based on the above noted situation. And I think the booth probably gave it an immediate once over, decided it was a legit fumble and left it go, rather than having a 5 minute hiatus with 6 seconds left from midfield. I do think a good part of the decision was made for the sake of timing and the cameras, etc. But I agree with the call. While an AZ will surely not agree, with the way that game played out, it would have been a drag to have sat for 5 minutes while the play was reviewed, almost surely confirmed (since nothing shows any true possession by KW when he moves his arm forward), and THEN got the kneel-down and celebration.I think there should be a support thread for anyone that had the under in that game. My lord, how that over backdoored was legendary. Sick for someone with the under heavy, but legendary.What a game. Both teams and fans should be so proud of their cities and players. My hat is most off to the AZ defense for holding Pit to that FG after the 3 personal foul drive, the last of giving pitt a free 1st and goal, after just having held them to a FG try the 1st time.

Though I utterly hate your team, I guess some small part of me is happy that the Lombardi Trophy returned to the AFC North...Maybe.Regardless, GG and congrats. And if you happen to be bragging to any Ravens fans, just brag about winning it and beating us three times to get there. The whole "We've got 6, how many do you have again?" argument doesn't really hold weight when we have only existed as a franchise since 1996. You can brag about winning two to our one in that time frame.Looking forward to next season, as this season only served to heighten our intense rivalry to new levels. In the meantime, let us enjoy Troy and Ed teaming up in the Pro Bowl to form the best safety duo ever.