An Inspiring Email I Just Got

people called Bush W because his father has the same name and he's not a juniorthey call Obama Hussein because they want to imply he's related to Saddamif you don't know that you're stupider than the silly story that started this threadbtw - why didn't God look after Pat Tillman? Maybe he's not so omnipotant
Yea...I'm the stupider one here...lol
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously...please do explain it.But don't just that people referred to him by "W" to distinguish him from his dad.
First, 'hussein' is not obama's nickname. People don't actually call him by that name to be friendly or display affection. If you are looking for a corresponding chummy nickname for Obama similar to "dubya" you'd probably call him Barry. The intention behind calling attention to his middle name is pretty much always to make him sound muslim or to invoke the negative associations with that name in general (see saddam hussein for example). You actually called him "Hussein Obama" which is a pretty strange way to refer to someone - with their middle name and last name only. I do not believe that you are unaware of the negative associations with that name. The nickname 'W' for GWB was a friendly nickname, and probably did arise to distinguish him from his father of the same name. The letter W is not associated with any particularly hated world dictator (except maybe Bush himeself!) and is therefore not usually used to associate bush with something negative.
First, 'hussein' is not obama's nickname. People don't actually call him by that name to be friendly or display affection. If you are looking for a corresponding chummy nickname for Obama similar to "dubya" you'd probably call him Barry. The intention behind calling attention to his middle name is pretty much always to make him sound muslim or to invoke the negative associations with that name in general (see saddam hussein for example). You actually called him "Hussein Obama" which is a pretty strange way to refer to someone - with their middle name and last name only. I do not believe that you are unaware of the negative associations with that name. The nickname 'W' for GWB was a friendly nickname, and probably did arise to distinguish him from his father of the same name. The letter W is not associated with any particularly hated world dictator (except maybe Bush himeself!) and is therefore not usually used to associate bush with something negative.
i cant believe you typed that out. guy is either a complete and total moron, or enjoys acting like one on the internet. he isnt worthy of a serious response.
I didn't name him Hussein... it came from his grandfather.The name Hussein means "good" or "handsome one." It is common in Muslim cultures for children to have a middle name which directly connects them to their father or grandfather.I just prefer to call him by that name.You can call me Michael if you want.
i cant believe you typed that out. guy is either a complete and total moron, or enjoys acting like one on the internet. he isnt worthy of a serious response.
i asked him not to make me type it out. the consequences of his trolling will weigh on his soul.
i asked him not to make me type it out. the consequences of his trolling will weigh on his soul.
Oh noes !Sorry I made you type it out.... I really didn't think you would.I expected less...My opinion has changed of you now.I actually like you now... even respect you as much as one can respect a forum poster without actually meeting them.
I didn't name him Hussein... it came from his grandfather.The name Hussein means "good" or "handsome one." It is common in Muslim cultures for children to have a middle name which directly connects them to their father or grandfather.I just prefer to call him by that name.You can call me Michael if you want.
The "meaning" of the name in muslim culture has nothing to do with the meaning it invokes when used here. Are you going to put swastikas all over your car too because they are an ancient hindu symbol of peace?
The "meaning" of the name in muslim culture has nothing to do with the meaning it invokes when used here. Are you going to put swastikas all over your car too because they are an ancient hindu symbol of peace?
I said you win !
That is correct.I also would have accepted, "just because people don't have the same beliefs as you does not mean you need to openly mock them with idiotic challenges."
Unless the room is filled with democrats, then you get tenure
HAHAHAHAH

I think the funniest part, the part that some may have caught but not mentioned, was that the guy was, indeed, knowcked off his platform, but not the way he was expecting. OK, OK, so people got that, but it's maximum irony that he was knocked off by violence (Lord knows that Christians eschew violence) and not gently manoeuvered off by the platform collapsing or something.It's a good joke, but they left out the part where the Marine was held accountable for his actions and sent to Gitmo.

I actually like the implication by the marine that "god" has a limited capacity to perform on any given day. He was "too busy" protecting the soldiers in Iraq to knock this professor off his stand. He was just so consumed with that particular region of the world that all else went untended to. It's like god is George Bush!

I actually like the implication by the marine that "god" has a limited capacity to perform on any given day. He was "too busy" protecting the soldiers in Iraq to knock this professor off his stand. He was just so consumed with that particular region of the world that all else went untended to. It's like god is George Bush!
Christianity teaches that the Church is the body of Christ. If God was going to knock this professor off his platform, then that is probably how he would do so. On earth it is the Christians job to do Christs work. So it seems in this case the Marine was acting as God's fist. The professor was asking for violence to be acted out upon him, was he not? I know this didn't really happen, but for the story to be told without mentioning that God works through Christians is dissappointing. :club:
Christianity teaches that the Church is the body of Christ. If God was going to knock this professor off his platform, then that is probably how he would do so. On earth it is the Christians job to do Christs work. So it seems in this case the Marine was acting as God's fist. The professor was asking for violence to be acted out upon him, was he not? I know this didn't really happen, but for the story to be told without mentioning that God works through Christians is dissappointing. :club:
So "God" approves of violence against non-believers? Sounds like "God" is a little insecure.

Wow, that email really inspired me to.... I don't know....hate atheists..... join the marines..... cancel my membership to the ACLU..... punch more people.....?(Seriously, though, we all agree that the ACLU is a pretty fantastic organization and those that criticize it are looking for a weak excuse at a scapegoat, right?)

Wow, that email really inspired me to.... I don't know....hate atheists..... join the marines..... cancel my membership to the ACLU..... punch more people.....?(Seriously, though, we all agree that the ACLU is a pretty fantastic organization and those that criticize it are looking for a weak excuse at a scapegoat, right?)
If by fantastic you mean a bunch of lawyers that created a law that forces the government to pay thier full legal bills for any case they bring against them as long as it has anything to do with civil rights, then began making some of the most ridiculous claims in order to force the government to pay them...then I guess fantatic would be a word you could use.If by fantastic you mean cool, then not so muchAnd if by fantastic you mean not child molestors themselves...then I think the Virginia ACLU would change the subjectcue Catholic priest reference
If by fantastic you mean a bunch of lawyers that created a law that forces the government to pay thier full legal bills for any case they bring against them as long as it has anything to do with civil rights, then began making some of the most ridiculous claims in order to force the government to pay them...then I guess fantatic would be a word you could use.
Hate the game, not the player, BG.
(Seriously, though, we all agree that the ACLU is a pretty fantastic organization and those that criticize it are looking for a weak excuse at a scapegoat, right?)
all of us with above average intelligence can agree, yes.
Seriously, though, we all agree that the ACLU is a pretty fantastic organization and those that criticize it are looking for a weak excuse at a scapegoat, right?
Yeah, we probably can't agree on this, unless fantastic can mean corrupt.