FWIW, I've gained 4 lbs in a 24-hour period before without trying to gain weight... just ate and drank a lot (of beer) that day. I can't really eat a lot either so I think if someone really tries hard it could be done. This discussion now makes me wonder how much weight the Kobayashis and Joey Chestnuts gained right after downing 60+ hot dogs?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I weigh myself first thing in the morning, and then after a meal in the evening... on a normal day... I'm usually around 3lbs heavier anyway. (I'm 6'1, 185lbs)So, I'm sure an extra 5lbs wouldn't be that hard if I tried.
This...If I weigh myself in the morning after pissing and then weigh myself before bed i've seen 4 pound swings frequently. If you add in that he would skip some meals and dehydrate himself before the initial weigh in it should be fairly manageable to put on 4 normal pounds and 4 dehydrated/haven't ate pounds.
Is it possible for a person to gain 8 pounds in 24 hours?It doesn't seem like you can do that.....however I know that you can lose 8 pounds in 24 hours.Please give me your thoughts.....
Ok. I went for the 96er at the steakhouse for a prop bet, so I know you can gain 6 lbs. However, it only stayed with me for a few hours as I ended up throwing up in the Lakeland Tigers press box later that night. So I guess you'd have to have some conditions on the bet.

I believe I could gain 8 pounds in a day fairly easy. Like others have said.... dehydrating your self and taking a huge dump before. and eating and drinking a lot during the day

What about that liquid metal stuff you drink before they take an x-ray? I had to drink that when they suspected I had an esophogus tear and it coats everything and reflects in an x-ray. I think you drink the same thing for an ulcer.
:club: Drinking a barium sulfate solution is not significantly different (in terms of weight) than any normal electrolyte.

Steve, you should know this is not only possible, but done by just about every MMA fighter out there. Guys regularly weigh 10-20 lbs heavier at the fight the day after the weigh in. I would put the o/u at GSP's weight gain at 17lbs before tomorrow's fight.

I would think the key to winning this would be to starve yourself beforehand making your weight artificially low. How much weight do those UFC fighters put on in between weigh ins and the fight?
This would have to be a stipulation of the bet, b/c this would be an EASY way for a person to do it.
Steve, you should know this is not only possible, but done by just about every MMA fighter out there. Guys regularly weigh 10-20 lbs heavier at the fight the day after the weigh in. I would put the o/u at GSP's weight gain at 17lbs before tomorrow's fight.
I know. It's so funny that you say that. I watched the weigh ins today and realized how silly my thought process was........
You do realize that quarter pound burgers are weighed before they are cooked right?
I know that, but I wasnt really thinking about it. But still theres the bread weight and the fat from the cheese probably makes up for it.

It is possible to gain 8 pounds in a day. Water weight would be key to this as well as foods that have the ability to expand and weigh more in your stomach, ie rice, pasta...However, if you are on the side of the bet where you don't think it is possible, MAKE SURE that you make the day run from 12 noon till 12 noon. This will give you the best chance of winning as the person you are betting will probably be asleep for a portion of the bet more likely the end of the bet where digestion will take place at some point in time.If the person is smart however they won't eat anything until the last 4 hours of the bet and then just gorge themselves on anything within reach. I can easily add 8 lbs on with the eating plan I'm on, but it's all artificial weight that's just stomach contents and water retention not actual "weight".Basically, you really don't stand a chance to win this prop bet unless you skew some rules in there that are heavily in your favor.

Here's a prop bet that the jug reminded me of. Drink a gallon of milk in 15min without losing any.
Yea awesome suggestion. Try this out...if you hate being alive that is.

Easy bet.UFC fighters and boxers regularly shed 20lbs before a fight. Fighters have cut 24lbs is 24 hours, now that would be a prop bet!!!!!!!So unless you stipulated it had to be gained from their natural weight it would be a very easy task.