• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you could probably pull it off if you kind of rigged it such that you drank a lot of some sort of dense liquid right at the end, then measured yourself before you had to piss it out, AND kind of starved/dehydrated yourself before the original measurement.

I had 5 burgers in one meal when I was like 12, but I doubt they were quarter pounders.Oh Steve, I'm going to guess if Ted Forrest says he can do it, that it can be done :club:
Yes Ted believes he can. I'm not so sure. And the rules would stipulate tha he HAS to urinate and deficate during the 24 hour period.....
Yes Ted believes he can. I'm not so sure. And the rules would stipulate tha he HAS to urinate and deficate during the 24 hour period.....
i would definitley take the bet then, i don't see that happening

I would think the key to winning this would be to starve yourself beforehand making your weight artificially low. How much weight do those UFC fighters put on in between weigh ins and the fight?

AND kind of starved/dehydrated yourself before the original measurement.
This is key. Water weight alone can be 5 to 10 pounds, so if you dehydrated/starved yourself for a few days before the bet, I think it could easily be done.
the more i think about it, the more i'm pretty sure you could pull it off. you'd probably feel like dying at the end, and the beginning, but with the right amount of effort, i'm buying it.

What about that liquid metal stuff you drink before they take an x-ray? I had to drink that when they suspected I had an esophogus tear and it coats everything and reflects in an x-ray. I think you drink the same thing for an ulcer.

so is the bet like you weigh in at noon on per say Saturday and then weigh in at noon on Sunday with deficated or urinating once during the 24hr period? Also if you drink anywhere close to 3-4lbs of a liquid you are going to piss it out soooo fast, no matter if you are extremely dehydrated or not. Try not drinking for say 8hrs, then drink a gallon of water (which most people cant do anyway) and see what happens.Edit: Also on that liquid metal stuff, its extremely dense and I think a 12 fl. oz. glass of it would weigh at least 2-3 pounds.

If he is weighed right after he takes a huge dump that could help, and if he could force himself to vomit before being weighed, well you guys get the picture. You could even ingest some pretty heavy materials (that you normally would'nt eat) and pass them later. So if I were to take this bet I would make sure to cover some of these.

I think you could definitely do this, but it's gotta be one of the least healthy things you can do to yourself. Basically, dehydrate before the initial weigh-in, then rehydrate for the next 24-hours, and consume high-density foods.Makes me kind of sick to contemplate, though.

If I weigh myself first thing in the morning, and then after a meal in the evening... on a normal day... I'm usually around 3lbs heavier anyway. (I'm 6'1, 185lbs)So, I'm sure an extra 5lbs wouldn't be that hard if I tried.

I know for a fact that you could lose 8 pounds in a day (I have done it before). I think its possible to gain that amount in 24 hours as well. Even if he urinates/defecates during the 24 hour period, he can still add a ton of food/water that wont be completely digested by the weigh in. As someone who used to have to watch weight fluctuations, I think its possible.