What Are Your Day Jobs?

Isn't it quite standard for diners that you leave your tip at the table while you pay for your meal at the cashier? I do that all the time and from what I've seen, that's what others do too.
Ya I left it at the table but wasn't sure other diners Ive been to the waitress brings me the bill and I pay her directly and she takes care of everything.
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an assistant owner of an Advertising & Marketing company in Dundee, with the likelyhood of opening my own office by my 21st in Late December, leading to me playing LAPC / WSOP next year.And to think a year ago I was a failing Law Student.

Manager for Walgreens, just transferred to a high volume 24 hour store.Oh and I have a B.A. in Journalism from Colorado State. Judging by our internal emails I think I may be the best writer in our entire company.

Meh, unless you are going to go into something specific (like accounting to do accounting) your degree is just a way to get your foot in the door...I did quite a bit of hiring myself the last few years there and honestly, never even really paid attention to what someone's degree was in...
There are plenty of companies who refuse to promote people past a certain level if they don't have a four year degree. So having even a business degree will help in that regard. However, the only people who come out of a four year college and start making decent money off the bat are those in a specialized field, like the ones mentioned. If somebody comes out with a Business Management degree then they need to be prepared to start out at the bottom making next to nothing. I think I first realized this when a friend of mine who went to Iowa State for their Supply Chain and Logistics program came out of school with a ton of opportunities all offering a starting wage around $45k-$50k per year. That's about $15k-$18k more than what we're offering new hires with degrees at the insurance/investment company I work for. It's honestly quite sad.

Used to be a Golf Pro...at one of Canada's top resorts, until a bad car wreck took me out of the game. Didn't touch a club for more than 2 years and the inability to play with any consistency changed carrer paths for me. I now own a courier company that specializes in the Film/Entertainment business in Toronto. We run for feature film shoots, commercials, music videos, etc. It's got its perks but I sure do miss the summer days on the back 9......sigh. :club:

Hazeltine is an amazing track...do you play there often?
actually never played there, not that lucky. But my brother formerly was the asst pro at the TPC at the Canyons in Vegas, so i played that a few times. Also played Edinboro near Brooklyn Park. They used to play a LPGA tourney there.
  • 1 month later...

Full time student and full time bartender at one dive bar and a huge restaurant/bar. I go to University of Texas - Arlington UTA and i'm a psychology major with a focus on forensics. I want to get my PhD but it's taking forever!

Only been there once but are you suppose to leave the tip at the table or with the cashier?. I found it weird that a sit down place would have a seperate cashier.
you must be used to going to upscale places most of the time.
Marketing Manager, Pokerstars Macau
Planing a trip through HK later this year can you comp me :club:
Retail, have worked in the industry for about 4 years. My friend and I are getting ready to open a new lounge in AZ in about a week. It's going to be really nice, been staining the floors all day today. Going to have six plasmas, bar, private lockers, 600 sf patio, $200,000 in inventory, golden tee, all leather etc......
Bump, the store is finally open, if your in the AZ area stop by and say hello sometime. Wyatt, Casafuma.com
Bump, the store is finally open, if your in the AZ area stop by and say hello sometime. Wyatt, Casafuma.com
grats on the new lounge Wyatt.Next time I am out that way I will try to stop on in.
Maybe I could be like, an announcer. Like a color man. You know how I always make those interesting comments during the game.
Architect, Marine Biologist, Latex Salesman, Color Commentator....which is it gonna be?