3rd Annual Fcp Golf Captains Auction Thread

Thanks for the Man-Uptitude Rob! This will be fun, regardless of who's team anyone ends up on. Good times will ensue!I am still waiting to hear from the cours about dates and cost. With this economy I am hoping for a nice price for us.I am also working on fitting a lunch right at the course immediately following the round. I believe it will (or can) be included in the cost and I think it would be great for everyone to hang out for a bit right there at the course following the round. The bar/lounge area of this place can easily accommodate us all. :club:
I think 75% of us bought something in the clubhouse after then round last year, I'm all for having an included lunch.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll bid $10. my foursome will be the beer drinkers and golf cart crashers.
OMG THIS IS ME. I have excelled at both in my lifetime.
Just make sure Seth bids enough to get the first Captain pick cause that will leave him with the last person left. He will probably be disappointed but it solves your problem.
Or this. Seth first pick = me on his team automatically.
Do we have to sign you in and out to play? I hate going into the assisted living places because there's always an odd stench. That and the lady at the desk scares me.Yea, you're old.
LOL
:)on a serious note, im not THAT bad at golf, im just much better at drinking
I'm horrible at gold and muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better at drinkin.
Weren't you the one who hadn't slept for like 3 days and was also in town for work stuff or something like that? I liked you, man, you made me laugh for some reason.
this was me, i was REALLY drunk after golf and really sunburnt, and yeah, i hadn't slept. what a dayhaha
i vote you, seth, dustin, and ray on a team and ima start taking side bets that you guys wreck the most golf carts.
my foursome last year was dustin, ray, kurt so this isnt that far off
Thanks for the Man-Uptitude Rob! This will be fun, regardless of who's team anyone ends up on. Good times will ensue!I am still waiting to hear from the cours about dates and cost. With this economy I am hoping for a nice price for us.I am also working on fitting a lunch right at the course immediately following the round. I believe it will (or can) be included in the cost and I think it would be great for everyone to hang out for a bit right there at the course following the round. The bar/lounge area of this place can easily accommodate us all. :club:
You mean so that we don't all get in cars and crash on the way home? Or am I the only one driving home after this to take a longggg nap before poker? I'll probably wake up hungover from a nap.
Seth almost drove us over a 6 foot cliff, I'm not sure I can handle any more near death experiences!
that was dustin, i was just laughing for a long time
Oh doh! I think there was another time too I thought we were going to miss the bridge so I jumped off the cart before we hit it... Dustin you're a scary driver!
Well there was the bridge and then the one blind cliff that you couldn't really see until you were teetering over the edge. Both were long drops. The bridge was the really funny one.
Since we have so many just plain awful golfers, I am cool with keeping the number of drives needed down to 1 per player at most.It's not like we are betting the house here, 90% of the fun will be in being there and meeting each other
I agree completely...minimum of 1 drive for each player.
seems like a good a time as any to point out I did win the closest to the pin contest last year. Just something for you captains to consider.
i won the closest to puking contest
Also, no Long Drive, cause we know who will win.
Last year i hit my best tee shot that day on the long drive hole, not knowing it was the long drive hole. It might have been my best tee shot in 5 years.We roll up to my ball last, hit my 2nd shot, and i see something stuck in the fairway about 30 yards up.It's the long drive marker with BG's name on it.Sigh.
  • 2 weeks later...