Haven't Played Hold'em For A While

Have been playing a lot of LO8 recently, but moved back to NL as I've dled PT3 trial, and want to make sure I'm not giving him too much credit. After the flopped checked around and the small turn bet, I felt he could have had a queen and I was getting good enough implied odds to draw to the straight or flush. At this level I think I have to lead for value more often than not, but obviously I'm happy to hear otherwise. When he shoves I puke, as for a guy of this stack I think he must be full/nut flush, right? Like I said I've been playing a lot of O8, so want to make sure I'm not too nitty.No stats on the guy at this point, was on of my first hands. Plus I'm playing a few tables so hadn't noticed anything unusual, but we get a lot of short stackers on Party who play damn tight.Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (10 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG+1 ($11.45)Hero (BB) ($9.90)MP1 ($3.58)UTG ($10)MP2 ($2)MP3 ($1.45)Button ($2.29)UTG+2 ($18.33)CO ($10.44)Preflop: Hero is BB with K :4h, 9 :5c2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Button calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.05, UTG checksFlop: ($0.40) Q :ts, Q :club:, 10 :3h(4 players)Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Button checksTurn: ($0.40) 5 :qh(4 players)Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Button bets $0.19, Hero calls $0.19, UTG calls $0.19, 1 foldRiver: ($0.97) 2 :D(3 players)Hero bets $0.65, 1 fold, Button raises to $2 (All-In), Hero foldsTotal pot: $2.27Straightforward fold, right?

No stats on the guy at this point, was on of my first hands. Plus I'm playing a few tables so hadn't noticed anything unusual, but we get a lot of short stackers on Party who play damn tight. Straightforward fold, right?
I don't know. I was going to say snap call. This is a baby flush/Q/bluff enough to call I think.

For only like $1 this is an instacall, could be a lower flush or tripsWhy would you think that "for a guy with a stack this size" he must have a big hand? If anything his stack size would lead me to believe that he doesn't know what he's doing and would shove with worsea bigger raise though from a decent player is usually a fh or the ace high flush

For only like $1 this is an instacall, could be a lower flush or tripsWhy would you think that "for a guy with a stack this size" he must have a big hand? If anything his stack size would lead me to believe that he doesn't know what he's doing and would shove with worsea bigger raise though from a decent player is usually a fh or the ace high flush
Fair enough, but at these stakes on Party, people buy in for $2 and play super super tight, they're generally the ones to watch out for turning up with big hands as opposed to the deeper players. The way the betting went I felt he had to know I had a flush and would only shove a better flush or boat, would call with a weaker flush, or am I just giving $10nl players way to much credit? Plus like I say, the turn bet to me screamed of queen, flopped or turned boat or nut flush draw, and with the club coming and me leading into two would a queen really shove?

at 10nl worse hands would definitely shove, yeah. Besides, the pot's $2.27, and you only have to call $1.35 into that - very attractive odds. You basically have to be wrong a high percentage of the time to make this a bad call. At 10nl, against a shortstacker, that's just not likely. it seems to me that you're thinking like an L08 player, where often players only pound either the nuts or the nut draw. Shortstacked 10nl players as a rule are bad, like really bad. I wouldn't be surprised to see aces here.

Ok, but what range do you put him on, given the way the hand played out? I am primarily a NL player, have just been playing LO8 recently. But I couldn't put im on a wide range of hands I beat unless he's a moron, and although you're saying short stackers are bad, in my experience on party the deeper stacks play worse. I'd be very surprised to see aces here.

Straightforward fold, right?
Huh? You called on the turn with a draw, hit it and now you're thinking about folding? With the exception of the Ac (and even that could be dangerous, although AQ probably would have raised PF), what better card were you hoping to hit? If you're considering folding, it should have been the turn, not when you make what ur drawing to getting just under 2:1 to call.
I asked Mike Sexton about this hand. He said, and I quote, "I'd just push it all in, Vince. Then I'd stand up and walk away from the table because my decisions are done and already made. I'd just say to the guy "If you got this hand beat, good luck to ya."Not sure why he called me Vince, but I think the rest of it seems ok.

Villain had [QQ] and you made a good fold.I sincerely hope you realize that there is a big "SW" on that statement. Villain's push range demands that you call here. The villain will make this play with any flush, any FH, and some Q's.

Seriously if you're not calling this guy on the river you should fold the turn every time. Which is okay. But have a plan when you're going on to the next street, bet folding I'm pretty sure is the worst plan. If you've decided to be passive w/ the hand a get a cheap showdown keep w/ that plan, this line's ugly though.

Seriously if you're not calling this guy on the river you should fold the turn every time. Which is okay. But have a plan when you're going on to the next street, bet folding I'm pretty sure is the worst plan. If you've decided to be passive w/ the hand a get a cheap showdown keep w/ that plan, this line's ugly though.
Fair enough, I appreciate that. I hate the assumption that if you make what you were trying to hit you have to call down, but this above I agree with completely. Agree with your range now Merby, having played a lot more hands today I definitely was understating ranges on average in my session yesterday. Having played today I hate this hand in retrospect, but think if I was a little higher with better players it wouldn't be overly bad.
Fair enough, I appreciate that. I hate the assumption that if you make what you were trying to hit you have to call down, but this above I agree with completely. Agree with your range now Merby, having played a lot more hands today I definitely was understating ranges on average in my session yesterday. Having played today I hate this hand in retrospect, but think if I was a little higher with better players it wouldn't be overly bad.
Umm, isn't that why you draw to a hand?Seriously, I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I'm just trying to understand here. Why draw if you're not going to be aggressive with it? Sometimes in NL you just have to stack off with the second best hand (not the case here, but be happy its micro limits). Plus his range could def be any Q or even a naked Ac bluff (although not likely at this limit). I think that's the reason you need 25 buyins to play NL effectively, sometimes you just have to call.

I agree with the masses. If you're calling the turn, why would you fold that river? This could easily be AQ, KQ, and the villain could have slowplayed himself out of the hand. If you're folding that river, then don't bother calling the turn.