Goat Detained In Armed Robbery

LAGOS (Reuters) – Police in Nigeria are holding a goat on suspicion of attempted armed robbery.Vigilantes took the black and white beast to the police saying it was an armed robber who had used black magic to transform himself into a goat to escape arrest after trying to steal a Mazda 323."The group of vigilante men came to report that while they were on patrol they saw some hoodlums attempting to rob a car. They pursued them. However one of them escaped while the other turned into a goat," Kwara state police spokesman Tunde Mohammed told Reuters by telephone."We cannot confirm the story, but the goat is in our custody. We cannot base our information on something mystical. It is something that has to be proved scientifically, that a human being turned into a goat," he said.Belief in witchcraft is widespread in parts of Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation. Residents came to the police station to see the goat, photographed in one national newspaper on its knees next to a pile of straw.Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090123/od_nm/us_goat

I just hope they show the trial on court TV...

I hope that goat gets what it deserves.Who here has heard Karl Pilkington's story of the monkey bank robber? OOOOOOOOoooo chimpanzee that! It's monkey news ya fff....
Heh! You should definately make that Karl Pilkington thread.Complete with links... more people need to know about his genius.

I remember reading this article last year its in Tanzania the withcraft shit is crazy there.Albinos slaughtered for body parts by black magic witchdoctorsIt is a sanctuary on the vast waters of Lake Victoria, a safe haven amid a gathering storm of killings. White-skinned albinos, known here as "ghosts", are being hunted down by their own people, harvested for body parts by those who believe they will add potency to black magic rituals.http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/wor...s-14098071.html

That goat is gonna get raped in jail.
You mess with the goat, you get the horns!On another note, did they tack on a charge for resisting arrest?

are you sure they were not kidding?

This is astonishing,20 years ago I asked my granny if a black man could become president.And no sh it, she said a black man would have a better chance turning himself into a goat than turning himself into president.

the caption from the picture

Reuters – A magician performs with a goat during the opening ceremony of the 33nd Monte Carlo International Circus …
is that the only picture of a goat they have?

So I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that this detained goat is now acting like a goat, and not like a goat with human intelligence. That of course can be explained by the fact that the armed robber wants everyone to think he's just some goat and let him go, so he's acting like a goat. So I think that the best way to determine what's really going on here is to interrogate this alleged goat and see if they can get him to react to threats or lies. Like, 'Mr So-and-so, your sister just died, we're going to let you go now for the funeral,' and see if the goat starts acting sad or looking kind of suspicious or something. Or they could just say, 'Hey goat, we are going to kill you and eat you now because you're just a goat.' Then they could kill and eat the goat, and of course if it's a witch he'll transform back before they kill him, at which point he should transform again into something much better at fleeing an armed robbery than a goat, like say a bird.