Official Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets go SUCKS!
it's the third inning of the first game and you guys are already giving up? poor pirates fans. it looks like the Giants wasn't the only team Bonds fucked over.
it's the third inning of the first game and you guys are already giving up? poor pirates fans. it looks like the Giants wasn't the only team Bonds fucked over.
Shit, I gave up like 8 years ago. They may have had 16 consecutive losing seasons but most of those teams including players that were semi-interesting to watch. Where are those players this year? Nate McClouth?...gimme a break.I check the boxscores and try to keep up with the headlines but somehow it's just too depressing to really think about. Once the Pens are finished it's basically a countdown to Steelers training camp in Pittsburgh.
How did Bonds **** over the Giants? He would play for them for the league min right now and probably be their best player.
How did Bonds **** over the Giants? He would play for them for the league min right now and probably be their best player.
I'm surprised you don't know.With Bonds juicing and chasing the home run record, Sebean signed a bunch of shitty veterans to surround him while he went after the record. Since he left we have had a black cloud over us surrounding the Balco incident and all the Roid bullshit

You cant blame Bonds for Sabean signing a bunch of retards and I don't think anyone has anymore hard feelings towards the Giants then they do over any other baseball team because of Bonds.

Boy, gotta love a "Pirates fan" posting in a Pirates thread not knowing who Nate McClouth is.
Who was that?BTW...nice comeback today. Looks like all Motte has is a 95 MPH fastball that doesnt move.
Shit, I gave up like 8 years ago. They may have had 16 consecutive losing seasons but most of those teams including players that were semi-interesting to watch. Where are those players this year? Nate McClouth?...gimme a break.I check the boxscores and try to keep up with the headlines but somehow it's just too depressing to really think about. Once the Pens are finished it's basically a countdown to Steelers training camp in Pittsburgh.
McClouth is a damn good player, and has the potential to become a stud.
Boy, gotta love a "Pirates fan" posting in a Pirates thread not knowing who Nate McClouth is.
Um, I definitely know who he is, I was just posting how sad it is that he's the only player worth watching on their roster.
can we please just cut our losses no matter how much that is and cut an. la'roche....?
http://www.spudart.org/blogs/randomthought...s/3881_0_3_0_C/
Most errors in one season: Major League Baseballbilly-shindle-most-errors.jpgThe most errors in one season was accomplished by shortstop Billy Shindle of the 1890 Philadelphia Quakers. He bobbled the ball 119 times in one season. At least he was 2nd in the league with 182 hits. Billy was a DH before its time.But bad fielding was part of the game back then. Here's the most errors committed for one season for each decade.most-errors-season-decade.gifNotice how there's less errors for each decade? That's cuz they stopped putting pine tar in their ear. No, just better gloves and better fields.It cracks me up how Jose Valentin has committed the most errors for one season in the 2000's.
Andy Laroche is on pace for 243 :club:

This team definitely has some exciting players to watch. Jack Wilson is always fun, because he cares about the game more than almost anybody else in baseball. Maholm is fun, because he's so damn consistent. Doumit is exciting. Duke and Ohlendorf are gonna be fun to watch this year. And above everyone else, even McLouth, is Nyjer Morgan. Incredible speed, great range, and he can hit.

This team definitely has some exciting players to watch. Jack Wilson is always fun, because he cares about the game more than almost anybody else in baseball. Maholm is fun, because he's so damn consistent. Doumit is exciting. Duke and Ohlendorf are gonna be fun to watch this year. And above everyone else, even McLouth, is Nyjer Morgan. Incredible speed, great range, and he can hit.
glass_half_full.jpg

Believe dat ! St. Louis Cardinals 13 6 .684 -- Pittsburgh Pirates 11 7 .611 1.5 Cincinnati Reds 10 8 .556 2.5 Chicago Cubs 9 8 .529 3.0 Milwaukee Brewers 8 10 .444 4.5 Houston Astros 7 12 .368 6.0

If they're still in the hunt in July I'll think about starting to believe in them. It's nice to see them go through a good run but 17 years of losing is tough to break.

If they're still in the hunt in July I'll think about starting to believe in them. It's nice to see them go through a good run but 17 years of losing is tough to break.
by quoting this I cursed them for the rest of the year. i did the same thing to the marlins thread. :club:
Brewers have our number...we cant beat them.
broom_big.jpgI'd love to a see a winning pirates club in my lifetime (I'm 25) but it's hard to see any light at the end of the dark tunnel they're in.