Weird Spot With Qq Late In Commerce $335

Stacks are getting short for blinds/antes, and villain's around 15BB himself. Unless the shover was pretty tight (and we have no read here so oh well), I'm calling. We'll typically see a wide range here, like QT and 55 wide, and this could even be a stone cold steal attempt. Or it could be a little of both, with a weak ace or T9 that still has some value if called. If he has AA/KK/AK, he'll have to show it to me.
Nope.I think his range should be 99+ AQ+
The vomiting comes into play because you've just grinded for 13 hours to get to this point, finally have a stack that is about 10/24 and come up on this situation. If you're right, you are 2/24, if you're wrong you've got 20k in chips at 2k-4k/500 and if you fold you're about 15/24.
But that's tournament poker. I actually have more sympathy on this than you might think; I have been getting a little fed up with these kinds of situations myself and have been trying to learn cash game play. (I'm just so sick of playing well throughout a tourney, as you say, and then having to depend on winning preflop shove coin flips to make the real money.) It's sort of an ironic paradox, though: when I play cash games, I miss the sense of having the chance to win, to be the last person standing with all the chips. I guess that's why I enjoyed playing the deep stack HU tourneys with no blind increases; but that's not very practical when a match can go on for hours (or, theoretically, forever).One thing I have thought of: what if they reduced the blinds at the final table? Or periodically raised them for a while to put pressure on the short stacks, then lowered them again to allow some play?
Loosh, I instacalled.
So why post a question about what you considered an easy call? I don't mean that in a harsh way; I'm just puzzled.
So why post a question about what you considered an easy call? I don't mean that in a harsh way; I'm just puzzled.
For discussion. To see if there is some different perspective. It's how you learn and get better.
You're certain villain is that tight here? That's awfully tight for a short stack.
That range is not tight for the situation. There's a limp utg (which almost gets all live players thinking omg aces) and a 4x from utg+1. It should be failry obvious to him that he's getting called amost every single time.
Loosh, I instacalled.
I'm sorry you were beat but you know you can't fold. I mean everyone in this thread pretty much agreed this is a pretty clear call and these guys LOVE folding.QUEEEEEEEENQQQQ
Stacks are getting short for blinds/antes, and villain's around 15BB himself. Unless the shover was pretty tight (and we have no read here so oh well), I'm calling. We'll typically see a wide range here, like QT and 55 wide, and this could even be a stone cold steal attempt. Or it could be a little of both, with a weak ace or T9 that still has some value if called. If he has AA/KK/AK, he'll have to show it to me.
Did anyone else lol at this post? How could his range be anywhere near this wide?
Did I miss the result??? Or is Loosh assuming Al got beat because he posted this..?
It's probably a good assumption since he posted this. I mean, he probably wouldn't have posted it if he had won the hand and villain showed up with like JJ, AQ or AK
Did I miss the result??? Or is Loosh assuming Al got beat because he posted this..?
Loosh is assuming I got beat because I'm me.I haven't posted (on here) what the result was.
Loosh is assuming I got beat because I'm me.I haven't posted (on here) what the result was.
As am I. :icon_biggrin:Post it already dangit, we all want to know what hand sucked out on you!!Edit:Hmmm, me thinks you sucked out on AA or KK and binked a Q. nh, wp, gl
I read your blog......Good luck tomorrow (today...?)

I called and turned up QQ, and he tabled KK. I lost the pot and the chance to run up to second in chips with 25 remaining. Oh wells. BTW, an Ace flopped and if the UTG AK had re-shoved, I'd have folded and saved myself some chips.

I called and turned up QQ, and he tabled KK. I lost the pot and the chance to run up to second in chips with 25 remaining. Oh wells. BTW, an Ace flopped and if the UTG AK had re-shoved, I'd have folded and saved myself some chips.
Yeah, you shoulda folded.