Two $1500 Wsop Seats + $700 Ea Travel Expenses - Fcp Series

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes its a small sample size, but in the grand scheme of online poker, this is a much better gauge of who the better players are. Part of the sexiness of this league is that the two winners should actually have a solid shot at cashing in the WSOP, because they are some of the better players out of the forty. Ideally i want all my league members to play all eleven weeks, because I want the best possible horse out there running for me. If you knew this weekly time wasnt convenient for you and all your massive life committments that you say I have none of , then you shouldnt have entered to begin with.As for those people that routinely enter 200dollar online tournaments allday, especially sunday, they had no business wanting in this league. A 2200 wsop score (for that much time spent) is chump change to them, plus they may spend that much in tourny entry fee's in one day online. Not to mention this schedule was at a poor time for the bigSunday regulars to play. I blame the actual people who entered for being stupid in thinking they would show up and be available for this. But its trial and error, Im sure most of them wouldnt re-enter this thing next year, which should solve the problem. I still believe offering 40stakes is too much and people should have to perform at least average to get a stake, thus making everyone play it out.
Are you a little nazi in real life too? Constantly judging others? Dictating everyone else's actions? You must be a barrel of laughs at a party. I seriously seriously seriously think you should run your own league. I'm sure people will be flocking in droves to join, and it will be a great success.sidenote: I am very pleased that Frank is one of our horsies. I am absolutely and completely not surprised that he won a seat. He'll be a great representative for us as the WSOP. Plus, he's completely adorable. sidenote2: Alan, you did an awesome job running this. You have patience, integrity and great organizational skills. You are an excellent leader and I'd follow you pretty much anywhere. :club:
gwc saidbilly shouldfold tenswhich is lol
Oh, you read this thread for comprehension.
Quite the awesome statement there. Small samples are the new gauge of how good players are! Dude, you're an idiot.
Well, unless you're talking about his OPR. That's too small to judge.
yes its a small sample size, but in the grand scheme of online poker, this is a much better gauge of who the better players are. Part of the sexiness of this league is that the two winners should actually have a solid shot at cashing in the WSOP, because they are some of the better players out of the forty. Ideally i want all my league members to play all eleven weeks, because I want the best possible horse out there running for me. If you knew this weekly time wasnt convenient for you and all your massive life committments that you say I have none of , then you shouldnt have entered to begin with.As for those people that routinely enter 200dollar online tournaments allday, especially sunday, they had no business wanting in this league. A 2200 wsop score (for that much time spent) is chump change to them, plus they may spend that much in tourny entry fee's in one day online. Not to mention this schedule was at a poor time for the bigSunday regulars to play. I blame the actual people who entered for being stupid in thinking they would show up and be available for this. But its trial and error, Im sure most of them wouldnt re-enter this thing next year, which should solve the problem. I still believe offering 40stakes is too much and people should have to perform at least average to get a stake, thus making everyone play it out.
I wouldn't have entered if I didn't have sunday evenings free when we committed 3 months ago. DUCY? I'd rather have someone who can adapt to changing dynamics at the table playing for me than someone who has mastered 45 man sit and gos. Also, the two bolded statements are awesome together, and the italicized statement is one of the stupidest things i've ever heard. Tournament pros / regs who make FCP their home have no business wanting to play an FCP tournament series where the prize is something they will actually use. Wow. Simply stunning.
yes its a small sample size yo, but in the grand scheme of online poker, this is a much better gauge of who the better players are. Part of the sexiness of this league is that the two winners should actually have a solid shot at cashing in the WSOP, because they are some of the better players out of the forty. Ideally i want all my league members to play all eleven weeks, because I want the best possible horse out there running for me. If you knew this weekly time wasnt convenient for you and all your massive life committments that you say I have none of , then you shouldnt have entered to begin with.As for those people that routinely enter 200dollar online tournaments allday, especially sunday, they had no business wanting in this league. A 2200 wsop score (for that much time spent) is chump change to them, plus they may spend that much in tourny entry fee's in one day online. Not to mention this schedule was at a poor time for the bigSunday regulars to play. I blame the actual people who entered for being stupid in thinking they would show up and be available for this. But its trial and error, Im sure most of them wouldnt re-enter this thing next year, which should solve the problem. I still believe offering 40stakes is too much and people should have to perform at least average to get a stake, thus making everyone play it out.
FYP

I think the other thing Cooter is missing here is that this format gives us lower stake guys a shot at playing some of the better high rollers on FCP. While some of them took it more serious than others, I looked at the whole series as an opportunity to observe and learn from these guys. Well worth the $$ IMO.

gwc saidbilly shouldfold tenswhich is lol
I don't think I did, why would I say that?
I'm not going to address the merits of shoving TT in that spot vs someone employing my unorthodox style, but I will say that you put your chips at risk, not me.
Ah, you made me look. Nowhere did I say he should fold tens. Don't you have an online mtt to crush?
Oh, you read this thread for comprehension.
ummmmm
As for those people that routinely enter 200dollar online tournaments allday, especially sunday, they had no business wanting in this league. A 2200 wsop score (for that much time spent) is chump change to them, plus they may spend that much in tourny entry fee's in one day online. Not to mention this schedule was at a poor time for the bigSunday regulars to play.
I am not one of these people you mentioned but I strongly disagree with the bolded part of your statement. First, if you wanted the best "horses to run for you" in the WSOP, wouldn't you like the chance of a very nice payday for an investment of $110 should one of these high stakes MTT pros go deep/final table or even shipped a bracelet (one time!) ? Second, having these players in our pool would only help to improve the play and skill of the potential winners because guess what, there will be a lot of these players to battle with in the WSOP. Lastly and most importantly, it's not all about making money and having the best ROI on time spent etc. This is supposed to be a fun event in which FCPers get to root on one other while also having some financial interests. Clearly you have not grasped this idea as everything seems to be about making the most money and having the best shot at making YOU money.
sidenote: I am very pleased that Frank is one of our horsies. I am absolutely and completely not surprised that he won a seat. He'll be a great representative for us as the WSOP. Plus, he's completely adorable.
I know I had paid off Alan but I didn't realize that I had bribed you also Allie... in either case thank you for your very kind words :club:
Plenty of people didnt show up alot down the stretch, making it a bit easier to win the tourny vs only 25 or 30 legit players the last few weeks, whereas pryme, who won twice in the first 3 weeks of the series, likely did that vs nearly full fields of 40 people that tried and showed up.
the beauty of poker is that you can do whatever you want. Everyone paid their entry fee. There is no Right or Wrong way to play poker. There is only profitable and non profitable ways to play. Anyone who is actually serious about being pissed off that people werent playing "standard poker" is stupid and should never play poker again. Finding the soft spots is what makes poker beatable. Im not saying that if some of the better players were playing seriously, that they would automatically win... especially over this small sample size, but alot of the players in this were fortunate to say the least that they could get their Money in VERY good and thats all you can ask for in poker.GWC, folding tens there is retarded.Billy, you took a bad beat... get over it.
sidenote2: Alan, you did an awesome job running this. You have patience, integrity and great organizational skills. You are an excellent leader and I'd follow you pretty much anywhere. :club:
^^^^ TheseAlso, I didn't show this last Sunday and I'm sorry. I was out of town for a funeral for a close family member.
sigh just realized that final hand cost me 100 in prop bets too :club:
yeah its been 6 days and u still havent paid me. WTF. are you really making bets that you dont have the money to cover? or do you really think that because a bunch of losers on this forum constantly make fun of me that you dont have to pay me off when you lose a bet to me?either way its BS and you have no business making bets on here if this is how you treat them.
yeah its been 6 days and u still havent paid me. WTF. are you really making bets that you dont have the money to cover? or do you really think that because a bunch of losers on this forum constantly make fun of me that you dont have to pay me off when you lose a bet to me?either way its BS and you have no business making bets on here if this is how you treat them.
LMAO!Dude...you are seriously the biggest douchbag on this forum! You really think NNB doesn't have the funds to cover a bet? The kid spends more in a day on mtt's than you have likely ever won in your lifetime playing poker. I had made a prop bet w/ Larons and tbh I FORGOT I MADE IT. He pm'd me about it and once he reminded me, I obv have no problem paying him off. Did u send him a pm? Or did u decide since it had been a whole 6 phucking days, that you would publicly call him out? See...you are EXACTLY the reason why we shouldn't let have let people in this FCP satty that we didn't know. The only thing you have done is bizitch every step of the way in this. Do you realize that as many as 30+ people in the satty actually know each other in real life? Last year we did something like this live after our golf outing last year and it was a huge success. You know what made it a success? The 40 guys or whatever that played in the satty were GENUINELY rooting for each other to do well and we all basically liked each other as well. I can't speak for all, but I can speak for most when I say THANK PHUCKING GAWD YOU DIDN'T WIN A SEAT. I am happy that I can CHEER for Frank and Chris to do well and NOT cringe at the thought of you folding to a potential min-cash.Also...you are right. It has to be all of US who are losers. All of the successful players on this site who were in this satty and can't stand you are definite losers. Please don't try and learn or befriend any of them, because they would take you away from all of your zigging and zagging!!!
LMAO!Dude...you are seriously the biggest douchbag on this forum! You really think NNB doesn't have the funds to cover a bet? The kid spends more in a day on mtt's than you have likely ever won in your lifetime playing poker. I had made a prop bet w/ Larons and tbh I FORGOT I MADE IT. He pm'd me about it and once he reminded me, I obv have no problem paying him off. Did u send him a pm? Or did u decide since it had been a whole 6 phucking days, that you would publicly call him out? See...you are EXACTLY the reason why we shouldn't let have let people in this FCP satty that we didn't know. The only thing you have done is bizitch every step of the way in this. Do you realize that as many as 30+ people in the satty actually know each other in real life? Last year we did something like this live after our golf outing last year and it was a huge success. You know what made it a success? The 40 guys or whatever that played in the satty were GENUINELY rooting for each other to do well and we all basically liked each other as well. I can't speak for all, but I can speak for most when I say THANK PHUCKING GAWD YOU DIDN'T WIN A SEAT. I am happy that I can CHEER for Frank and Chris to do well and NOT cringe at the thought of you folding to a potential min-cash.Also...you are right. It has to be all of US who are losers. All of the successful players on this site who were in this satty and can't stand you are definite losers. Please don't try and learn or befriend any of them, because they would take you away from all of your zigging and zagging!!!
Nice, I agree wholeheartedly and I'm looking forward to these guys doing well, not for the money, more of a friend/fcp/community thing. It would be great and alot of fun for all involved if they cash but it will be great just seeing them get the opportunity and trip reports etc. I'm hoping we can do some more during the year and have even more entries for next time.I think it went extremely well for throwing it together on the spur of the moment and dna was awesome (as usual).
I always seem to get lost in his sig instead of just reading his post fwiw
I just wish that video would loop in reverse... Much better to keep watching her take off her shirt.
:club::ts:4h Someone buy that man a beer.