Two $1500 Wsop Seats + $700 Ea Travel Expenses - Fcp Series

Basically all you do is have 1st and 2nd take out their 70% and 60%. Add the remainder up and that goes in the non-participant pool. Then have the non-participant pool add up to 100%.
That sounds right.
  • Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically all you do is have 1st and 2nd take out their 70% and 60%. Add the remainder up and that goes in the non-participant pool. Then have the non-participant pool add up to 100%.
this sounds really right but im going to wait until tomorrow when im in the right state of mind to confirm
Sweet, dead money.
i will make it my personal quest just to bust you. i don't even give a **** about winning. i will make you cry, week after week, brigitte will fall in love with me, leave you, and spend the rest of her days writing you letters about how bad of a "boyfriend" you were.
Shipped the $110. If you guys decide I'm too much of a newb, just transfer back. I can PM DNA some personal info. I'm fairly easy to find on the net (and in real life).
Are you famous?
i will make it my personal quest just to bust you. i don't even give a **** about winning. i will make you cry, week after week, brigitte will fall in love with me, leave you, and spend the rest of her days writing you letters about how bad of a "boyfriend" you were.
I got a new sig

I say neither gets either seeing as they're getting the "experience." However, maybe the two can agree to swap %'s b4 the event(s) start?

Shipped the $110. If you guys decide I'm too much of a newb, just transfer back. I can PM DNA some personal info. I'm fairly easy to find on the net (and in real life).
Obviously not a noob.
received

I would love to get in this but doubt I post enough. I've done a tranfer with Ship It (I think) on here before but regardless would be willing to ship the whole 110 tomorrow and wait until the end to get my $55 in entries back. Let me know.

that makes sense, but the math still doesnt work, it's almost like we need to matrixes130% between 1 & 2 seat spots70% between 3 - 40 finishesLets say all stars align and both seats cash ...3rd is currently listed at 7%They wouldnt get 7% of both, they would get 3.5% from each, right?I'm thinking out loud here .....1st gets seat + 70% of their win2nd gets seat + 60% of their win3rd (total of 7% on matrix) gets 3.5% of anything 1st cashes plus 3.5% of anything 2nd cashes4th (total of 6% on matrix) gets 3% of anything 1st cashes plus 3% of anything 2nd cashesetc etc etceh?I probably should be trying to figure this out while buzzed ...........
1 and 2 get what they get... I think that's just how it is, but for the rest I am not sure if we should be cutting it in half or not.Gut feeling seems like you don't cut it in half, you just get that percentage of either 1 or 2 or both. Depending who cashes.Pretty sure when we did it last year, we sent 2, and we were getting the same percentage of both players.
Player 1 and Player 2 add together their post tax profit and take out their percentages. What's left becomes the prize pool. Players 3 - 40 get their % (3rd place gets 7%, on down the line) of the prize pool. You just have to figure out what percentage of the prize pool 3 - 40 get, which DNA has already done. I think this is what Kurt was saying.
Player 1 and Player 2 add together their post tax profit and take out their percentages. What's left becomes the prize pool. Players 3 - 40 get their % (3rd place gets 7%, on down the line) of the prize pool. You just have to figure out what percentage of the prize pool 3 - 40 get, which DNA has already done. I think this is what Kurt was saying.
This doesn't work cause DNA originally did the %'s based on 200% with the 70% and 60% for first counting in that 200. The other prize pool needs to add up to 100%. With the current calculations it only adds up to 70%. Also, you don't want to add player 1 and 2's together before they take their cut. They probably just need to get a % of each other that is taken out prior to the non-participant prize pool is determined.

My math here may be a little rusty but I'm not sure these % numbers work.If you combine the total prize pool, how would you give 200% out? If the 2nd place finisher cashes with his/her WOSP ticket and the 1st place finisher busts out of the money, will the 1st place finisher still get more than the player who won the money? I think the top 2 in the contest should both be consider the winner and thus receive the most prize money from the ticket they are playing on.I think the best way to split the prize pool is to have each horse distribute any profit as follows:WSOP ticket 1 holder - 60%, WSOP ticket 2 holder 4%, 2% for 3rd to 10th, 1% for 11th to 20th and 0.5% for 21st to 40th = 100% share of 1st ticketWSOP ticket 2 holder - 60%, WSOP ticket 1 holder 4%, 2% for 3rd to 10th, 1% for 11th to 20th and 0.5% for 21st to 40th = 100% share of 2nd ticketIf they both cash, the above split still works.

My math here may be a little rusty but I'm not sure these % numbers work.If you combine the total prize pool, how would you give 200% out? If the 2nd place finisher cashes with his/her WOSP ticket and the 1st place finisher busts out of the money, will the 1st place finisher still get more than the player who won the money? I think the top 2 in the contest should both be consider the winner and thus receive the most prize money from the ticket they are playing on.I think the best way to split the prize pool is to have each horse distribute any profit as follows:WSOP ticket 1 holder - 60%, WSOP ticket 2 holder 4%, 2% for 3rd to 10th, 1% for 11th to 20th and 0.5% for 21st to 40th = 100% share of 1st ticketWSOP ticket 2 holder - 60%, WSOP ticket 1 holder 4%, 2% for 3rd to 10th, 1% for 11th to 20th and 0.5% for 21st to 40th = 100% share of 2nd ticketIf they both cash, the above split still works.
The first place finisher should receive more of their score than second place. Doing it this way would work too so everyone knows what % they have of each person. Just give 1st place 70% and rework the math for everyone else.
The first place finisher should receive more of their score than second place. Doing it this way would work too so everyone knows what % they have of each person. Just give 1st place 70% and rework the math for everyone else.
I don't think so. This is a satellite awarding two seats. Why should 1st place points matter? but If we want a prize differential between 1st and 2nd, I suggest changing the travel expenses/cash award amount. $800 for 1st and $600 for 2nd.
I don't think so. This is a satellite awarding two seats. Why should 1st place points matter? but If we want a prize differential between 1st and 2nd, I suggest changing the travel expenses/cash award amount. $800 for 1st and $600 for 2nd.
Was just going by what DNA had originally posted.

Just a suggestion since I'm not playing but did read the entire thread.......Why not run it as 2 groups of twenty and have two winners? That would totally eliminate trying to figure out percentages for each WSOP ticket holder, however you would only have a stake in the winner of your group of 20. Just throwing it out there......