Universal Health Care...

As far as the government being 'bad' at healthcare, would you like to have a quick discussion on medicare and it's various problems? I guess you've never had experience with dealing with a medicare nightmare, your hate seems to come from private carriers or something.
Yes, I have had several nightmares with private carriers. I can't imagine the government possibly being worse, I really can't.
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think it's the #1 problem, but it's a huge, huge problem.The question is, how do we go forward and build a better system?As is standard, you take the high-flying ideological position, whereby

You have done a good job of seeming totally ignorant with regards to healthcare, reform, and obamacare. I think you're smarter than you're coming off in this thread specifically, it's confusing.Don't you understand that for some poor people, neither of these are options? Don't you understand that 'poor people' would be affected if they're on government subsidies? Don't you understand the relationship between the government making these decisions and how it has consequences elsewhere?And no, I won't stop using the term 'rationing', because it's the most accurate way to describe what's going on and what's going to happen. What would you prefer to call it?
Of course I understand this. And unless we have a single payer system, poor people are going to have less access to medical care than the well-to-do. Nowhere did I imply otherwise. I'm not sure how my statements are "ignorant." They seem trivially obvious to me.This is one of the consequences of an insurance-based-system. Insurance companies play a major role in deciding what medicine is used by determining what they will cover. Obamacare didn't begin this practice.
Yes, I have had several nightmares with private carriers. I can't imagine the government possibly being worse, I really can't.
you can't imagine the government being worse....repeat that 5 times and give a few minutes thought and then see if you have changed your mind. the one thing our government does an awesome job with is to produce less with more. I don't have any comprehension on how they could be expected to do better.
you can't imagine the government being worse....repeat that 5 times and give a few minutes thought and then see if you have changed your mind. the one thing our government does an awesome job with is to produce less with more. I don't have any comprehension on how they could be expected to do better.
I dont expect them to do much better especially under the new rules. that's why I did not like Obamacare and proposed an alternate way that was much better (way back 60 thread pages ago probably).....but no, after repeating it five times I still cannot see how they could be worse. That's how my bad my experiences with private carriers are. I do not see how anything could be worse.
Gov does something. Insurance companies follow suit even though they are under no obligation to.....that's the government forcing someone? If the gov is so bad at health care, why would the insurance companies do whatever they do?
When one of your competitors makes the rules, it's kind of hard to ignore it.But again, the bigger issue is that Obamacare is designed to eliminate private insurance and force everyone on the public plan. At that point, it is rationing in the purest sense of the word.
When one of your competitors makes the rules, it's kind of hard to ignore it.But again, the bigger issue is that Obamacare is designed to eliminate private insurance and force everyone on the public plan. At that point, it is rationing in the purest sense of the word.
But can't we trust that the government will ration it correctly?I mean they handle the VA so well. Just expand that program.
So stupid.....A friend of mine who is a new father just got his whooping cough shot since he's afraid of stuff like this.
supposedly it's recommended to the parents, grandparents, etc.

So this bill that is supposed to save us all money, is costing us in hidden taxes.Just found out today the write off for medical expenses is increasing from 7.5% to 10%. So to make numbers simple Current:AGI: $100,0007.5% AGI: $7,500Med Expenses: $10,000Deduction allowed on Schedule C: $2,500In 2013 and beyond:AGI: $100,00010% AGI: $10,000Med Expenses: $10,000Deduction allowed on Schedule C: $0This is going to affect a lot of people.This is just one of 20 new taxes or tax increases that we will have because of the Healthcare bill.

Jeep - I just had an cortisone injection in my back for $9,000! Very standard procedure... Does that seem right? My out of pocket i sonly 330 bucks... but damn thats pricey

Jeep - I just had an cortisone injection in my back for $9,000! Very standard procedure... Does that seem right? My out of pocket i sonly 330 bucks... but damn thats pricey
That's gotta be a mistake.... I don't think it's anywhere near that. My doctor gives cortisone shots out like candy.
That's gotta be a mistake.... I don't think it's anywhere near that. My doctor gives cortisone shots out like candy.
Well lucky for me I am scheduled for 3!after further review they charged 9,000 and anthem only allowed 3300
Well lucky for me I am scheduled for 3!after further review they charged 9,000 and anthem only allowed 3300
Wow, apparently, they are pretty cheap but for some reason, doctors get away with raping insurance companies. Here's a quick thread I found on the subject:http://www.steadyhealth.com/How_much_do_co...t__t135946.htmlIt appears that the actual cost to doctors is between $30 and $60, and I found similar numbers at other websites.I guess the rest is to cover malpractice insurance.
Wow, apparently, they are pretty cheap but for some reason, doctors get away with raping insurance companies. Here's a quick thread I found on the subject:http://www.steadyhealth.com/How_much_do_co...t__t135946.htmlIt appears that the actual cost to doctors is between $30 and $60, and I found similar numbers at other websites.I guess the rest is to cover the country club membership.
FYP
So this bill that is supposed to save us all money, is costing us in hidden taxes.Just found out today the write off for medical expenses is increasing from 7.5% to 10%. So to make numbers simple Current:AGI: $100,0007.5% AGI: $7,500Med Expenses: $10,000Deduction allowed on Schedule C: $2,500In 2013 and beyond:AGI: $100,00010% AGI: $10,000Med Expenses: $10,000Deduction allowed on Schedule C: $0This is going to affect a lot of people.This is just one of 20 new taxes or tax increases that we will have because of the Healthcare bill.
I thought it was free....WTF. Who do you think it will hurt the worst?

Got this from the employer today regarding changes due to the new health care law

Changes to the Flexible Spending Account PlanHealth Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) will no longer be permitted to reimburse you for over-the-counter drugs and medications obtained without a prescription. As a result, if you participate in the Health Care FSA, you should plan your 2011 year-end spending carefully since you will not be able to use any money left in your Health Care FSA for non-prescribed over-the-counter drugs or medications purchased after December 31, 2010
awesome!
Got this from the employer today regarding changes due to the new health care lawawesome!
it is almost November...the bleeding should slow down soon.