Universal Health Care...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think it's the #1 problem, but it's a huge, huge problem.The question is, how do we go forward and build a better system?As is standard, you take the high-flying ideological position, whereby

Wow. It's like 70 here, which is pretty remarkable. And yet I'm trapped inside for most of the day. Sigh.
Stuck inside...man that's too bad.And since I am a good guy I will not rub it in by pointing out that I am playing golf in about 30 minutes, followed by my weekly poker game outside on my buddies porch where we will smoke cigars until 11 tonight, never once reaching for a jacket.your welcome
Stuck inside...man that's too bad.And since I am a good guy I will not rub it in by pointing out that I am playing golf in about 30 minutes, followed by my weekly poker game outside on my buddies porch where we will smoke cigars until 11 tonight, never once reaching for a jacket.your welcome
You guys have porters that get your jackets for you? That's pretty good service at a home game.
You guys have porters that get your jackets for you? That's pretty good service at a home game.
Sometimes I tip mine.But not always, he never really holds the shoulders the correct way to keep the crease the way I like it.Plus his brush job is a joke.But what can you do, vet students and accountants out of work need jobs too.

Multiple sources have reported that the Democrats sent a memo to members saying, don't worry about the 'doc fix' -- if someone asks about it, change the subject to the number of uninsured that Obamacare will help. The memo supposedly also says that Democrats are already secretly working on a bill that would eliminate the automatic Medicare cuts. Why does it matter? Because the CBO scored Obama-care assuming that medicare would be cut by $370 billion. If that doesn't pass, Obama-care adds to the deficit by huge amounts.Democrats are claiming the memo is a fake, and it does seem to be curiously lacking in identifying information. On the other hand, it has been clear all along that there will be no Medicare cuts. Congress has refused to make this exact cut every year for the last ten years. Are we really supposed to believe they are suddenly going to find the courage to do it? The top actuary of Medicare predicts that if the cuts go through, at least 20% of Medicare providers will refuse to accept Medicare patients.So, which will it be, Democrats? Rationing for the elderly, or hundreds of billions in new deficits each year?

Multiple sources have reported that the Democrats sent a memo to members saying, don't worry about the 'doc fix' -- if someone asks about it, change the subject to the number of uninsured that Obamacare will help. The memo supposedly also says that Democrats are already secretly working on a bill that would eliminate the automatic Medicare cuts. Why does it matter? Because the CBO scored Obama-care assuming that medicare would be cut by $370 billion. If that doesn't pass, Obama-care adds to the deficit by huge amounts.Democrats are claiming the memo is a fake, and it does seem to be curiously lacking in identifying information. On the other hand, it has been clear all along that there will be no Medicare cuts. Congress has refused to make this exact cut every year for the last ten years. Are we really supposed to believe they are suddenly going to find the courage to do it? The top actuary of Medicare predicts that if the cuts go through, at least 20% of Medicare providers will refuse to accept Medicare patients.So, which will it be, Democrats? Rationing for the elderly, or hundreds of billions in new deficits each year?
Speculation
Isn't it also just speculation that the Medicare cuts will pass?
Seriously. There is no chance in hell these kind of cuts will be made to Medicaid. Politically, it is impossible.Of course, the Dems are all going to be voted out this fall, so now is their chance to do something right.
Isn't it also just speculation that the Medicare cuts will pass?
Seriously. There is no chance in hell these kind of cuts will be made to Medicaid. Politically, it is impossible.Of course, the Dems are all going to be voted out this fall, so now is their chance to do something right.
I mean, the cuts are going to be passed this Sunday. It would be speculation that a future congress would write a law to reverse the medicare cuts.

Yeah, I mean, we survived a Civil War, the threat of nuclear apocalypse, and several presidential assassinations, but preventing the denial of insurance due to preexisting conditions will be the thing that ends this country.

Did we just see today the introduction of the pseudo-line-item-veto. An executive order is signed nullifying part of legislation, or psudo-vetoing part of the bill. I use 'pseudo' because this is, of course, unenforceable, and is used solely to give political cover for people who don't like specific parts of the bill. To shorten the name they can from now on call this maneuver "the Stupik".

Yeah, I mean, we survived a Civil War, the threat of nuclear apocalypse, and several presidential assassinations, but preventing the denial of insurance due to preexisting conditions will be the thing that ends this country.
denial of insurance due to preexisting conditions...as in looking for fire insurance after the house burns...or shopping for car insurance the day after the accident...maybe we should 48 hr after the storm to purchase flood coverage....we are 13 trillion in debt but what is a couple more trillion!!
LOL - you don't get it... WE CAN NOT AFFORD A 300+ MILLION PERSON ENTITLEMENT! Get ready for Bankrupty
LOL - you don't get it... WE CAN NOT AFFORD A 300+ MILLION PERSON ENTITLEMENT! Get ready for Bankrupty
This just isn't true, we can, it's just that the end product won't be what you are used to. It's like Grape juice vs. Grape drink. Grape juice is more expensive for a reason, it's made from actual grapes, off a vine and everything. Grape drink may include some actual grapes but not nearly the same amount, so you can for the same cost as Grape juice give many more people Grape drink.
This just isn't true, we can, it's just that the end product won't be what you are used to. It's like Grape juice vs. Grape drink. Grape juice is more expensive for a reason, it's made from actual grapes, off a vine and everything. Grape drink may include some actual grapes but not nearly the same amount, so you can for the same cost as Grape juice give many more people Grape drink.
We actually can't - sorry -
And the people that had grape juice will now pay more and have to settle for grape drink so everyone can have some.And over the next decade their price of grape drink will continue to rise.
man, please. like this is actually a significant part of the bill. do you know anything about what was just passed?
man, please. like this is actually a significant part of the bill. do you know anything about what was just passed?
Yes. It is a significant part of the bill, in the sense that it's in the bill and it's significant. I'm not sure what other sense there would be.On the other hand, someone says:
and you don't call them out for that. This bill isn't a 300+ million entitlement.
Yes. It is a significant part of the bill, in the sense that it's in the bill and it's significant. I'm not sure what other sense there would be.On the other hand, someone says:and you don't call them out for that. This bill isn't a 300+ million entitlement.
300+ million person entitlement