how about this read!??

I love how people try to make themselves look better by saying stealing is wrong like they haven't done it or something. I'll be honest my buddy,and I once robbed a jewelry store turned a 30,000 profit was it wrong of course but at the time it was well worth it to me. So what he ripped off some Hamburgers,and fries consider it payback for how many times they short people on food matter of fact this could be a blessing in disguise. Funny how many are irrate with this when their paychecks ae getting ripped off by the government
WTF?!! I once robbed a jewelry store!!! What the hell are you talking about! :club::D
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how people try to make themselves look better by saying stealing is wrong like they haven't done it or something. I'll be honest my buddy,and I once robbed a jewelry store turned a 30,000 profit was it wrong of course but at the time it was well worth it to me. So what he ripped off some Hamburgers,and fries consider it payback for how many times they short people on food matter of fact this could be a blessing in disguise. Funny how many are  irrate with this when their paychecks ae getting ripped off by the government
WTF?!! I once robbed a jewelry store!!! What the hell are you talking about! :club::D
nice
I know poker's all about making critical reads on your opponents and recognizing the strength and/or weakness of their hand, so let me tell you about this sick read I made on some lady the other day. I'd like to thank my 9 months of consistent online poker training for this one. Tell me if you could've done the same thing:So I'm at the Burger King drive-thru, and I just pull up to the window. I have my cash ready in-hand and the lady opens up the window and hands me my drink. I thought this was a little odd; usually they take the money first. And my arm was hanging out of the car window with the bills clenched in hand. I look at her thinking "don't you want my money, baby?" all Scotty Nguyen style, and she just turns back around inside the restaurant.So I think to myself, "Man, she's going to forget to take my money." I could tell too because she had a look of frustration on her face like she was really busy and a million things were racing through her mind, like flame-broiled patties and tendercrisp bacon cheddar ranches. I felt like I had a good read on my server, and I was going to stick with my gut and go with it. I put the money back in my lap to keep my hands empty, but still within plenty reach in case she came back to the window to ask for it.So she came back, and I stuck my hands out awaiting my bag of goodies. She paused for a second, like maybe she had forgot something, and I quickly sprung into action..."Oh no, ma'am. I don't need any salt or ketchup."And with that, she handed me the bag. I quickly drove off and felt like a little kid again. I'd like to thank Mike Caro and all my fellow poker associates for preparing me for this great day. It's like Daniel Negreanu says, "Sometimes you pick up a tell on your opponent sitting across from you, and you quickly think back of all the action that has previously taken place, and you stick with your gut and go with it."Awesome!!
Its all good, until the next time you go back to get you BK fix, and the same lady is working the drive thru, and she remembers you (because as you drove off last time, she remembered you did not pay, and tried to stop you, but you would not stop driving, and she chased your car for 5 blocks but you never looked back)" now its payback time" she hands you your food. you pay this time (after you try the salt trick but she remembers this time, and thinks too herself ,he tried that last time. ummmm) as you bite into your burger, it has a slight twang to it this time. but your hungry and go ahead and finish it off. then later that night your sitting in the ER, with tubes up your nose and a bucket for the throw up, and you think "man if only i would have paid for my food......... "
I love how people try to make themselves look better by saying stealing is wrong like they haven't done it or something. I'll be honest my buddy,and I once robbed a jewelry store turned a 30,000 profit was it wrong of course but at the time it was well worth it to me. So what he ripped off some Hamburgers,and fries consider it payback for how many times they short people on food matter of fact this could be a blessing in disguise. Funny how many are irrate with this when their paychecks ae getting ripped off by the government
Sweet f ucking christ... you can't be serious? lol, I sure hope the statute of limitations is up on that..IP addresses, web logs, ISP forced disclosure, etc.....By the way OP was hilarious... :-)
And with that, she handed me the bag. I quickly drove off and felt like a little kid again.Awesome!!
So basically you stole your meal?
I think somebody missed the point of this whole tale.........
I didn't miss his point. He picked up on the fact that the lady at the window forgot to collect his money, and then he intentionally misled her by distracting her with the "I don't need any ketchup" (or whatever) so that she wouldn't remember.Maybe that is a good read and a crafty manipulation of someone, but this wasn't a poker game. It was receiving something that you are supposed to pay for. He didn't intentionally, therefore he stole his meal.Look, I know a BK meal isn't the end of the world, but as another poster mentioned, this lady will get to the end of the day and she'll be short by the cost of his meal. The meal probably cost more than she makes in an hour, so if her manager is a prick he may decide that she stole that money and fire her. This is a very real possibility. And this guy never thought about the potential consequences of his actions when he stole the meal.All I'm saying is it's a little immature to be so happy about getting away without having to pay a lousy $5. Some people have more integrity than that.
Stealing from a fast food joint, regardless of story, is almost as low as sticking up a 7-11. Good work, tool.
He didn't steal the food. He simply wasn't charged for it.You think that's akin to armed robbery?
I'm not taking from the poor. I'm sure the CEO's and big execs at Burger King aren't worrying about $5.25 missing from the cash register.Say what you want, but you gotta admit it was a sick read.
No, the CEO won't care, but maybe the manager will. And maybe he'll take the money out of that woman's pay. Ever think about that?Sick read? Give me a break! You did nothing to earn any kind of credit here. The woman forgot. You didn't deceive her with your incredible poker skills. You didn't sweet talk her into giving you the meal. What's so sick about YOUR read? I've had people at drive thru windows forget to take my money, but I always made a point to mention it before I drive off. I ASKED for them to give me food, and I'm obligated to pay for it, whether they ask me for it or not.When you go to the grocery store, and you load a case of soda or something heavy under the cart, and you know the cashier isn't going to ring it up because it's easy to miss, do you knowingly just leave the store with it or do you make a point to let them know it's there? Same situation. And if you don't let them know it's there then you're stealing, because you KNEW it was there and knew they missed it.Had you not realized you didn't pay and had already driven a decent distance away, I wouldn't expect you to go back. But you had the money in hand, sat there and hoped the woman wouldn't ask for it, then took advantage of the situation and drove away. You stole it, just admit it.
it's not your responsibility to remind the person at the window to ask for the money it is theirs. if the bk lady didnt ask for money then are you entitled to not pay if you chose not to. it's debatable as to whether or not this move could be considered moral but it's not stealing, it's taking advantage of a company's mistake...
So, say you went to pay for that $5 meal and you thought you handed the lady 5 singles but one of them was actually a $50 bill. She sees YOUR mistake and uses it to her advantage and pockets the $49 difference. How do YOU feel? Once you realized it, are you not going to go back into the restaurant and tell them that you accidentally overpaid them?Here's the hypocrisy here. You know damned well that you would go back and expect them to give you back your money.Just as it very well is YOUR responsibility to remind the drive thru attendant that they didn't take your money, it is THEIR responsibility to inform you that you overpaid. And if you think it's stealing for the cashier to intentionally pocket your money then you are stealing for intentionally not paying.
haha i dont know what is more hilarious....the original story OR all these "moral" (on a gambling forum too) people slapping him on the wrist for getting a free burger and fries. i dont care of this makes me a horrible person. i read it in Maxim so blame themoriginal poster, keep posting stories like that, what a great READ
#1 - Who says gamblers can't be moral? There's nothing immoral about gambling unless you're a religious fanatic. If you follow the rules then there is no moral dilemma.#2 - You're not a horrible person, just a thief. I love how you clowns all think that because it was a huge company that it's ok to steal from them. Not to classify you particularly, but the only other people I have ever known who thought this way were low lifes.#3 - Where is the greatness in this guys read? The woman forgot. He did NOTHING to make her forget except to interrupt her.I bet you guys are the types who will intentionally act out of turn in a poker game to throw someone off. Do you guys have any sense of conscience?
So because you and your buddy are felons it makes stealing a small amount ok?You know what, I'm the last person to approve of all the laws in this country, but you guys take the cake! I love how you all have some justification for this guy stealing his meal. And yes, he DID steal it because he intentionally influenced the situation in order to make it less likely that she would remember.What the fvck is up with you people? Do you have any basic human decency at all?and for the guy that said that people obey the law only because they're afraid of the consequences, that's complete BS! Sure, in some instances that's true, especially for victimles crimes. And believe me, I am totally against the governments laws against drug use, gambling, etc. but to justify stealing and to claim that people ONLY pay for things because stealing is illegal is BS! I've had plenty of situations where I could have easily gotten away with taking something without paying for it, but I didn't. Why? Because there are some people in this world who do have morals and a conscience. Seems there are plenty here who don't, or at least they have a limited conscience.I just think the argument that "It's ok to steal when it's from a big company like BK" is just hilarious! So let's all just steal from all the big retailers, and insurance companies, etc. And then lets watch the prices for everything we need just keep going up, and up, and up. But I guess you guys won't care about that, the rising prices are just more justification for you guys to steal what you need, huh?Freakin' jack offs!

Heh...It's great to take your skills away from poker. I love just watching people and know what they're thinking from their mannerisms. It really is startling how much information the body gives away and how poker hones that skill for you. At work, I can pretty much put people on whether they're lying or not or manipulate what I know they're feeling to my advantage.I love just staring at someone and then just come out with "I know you're not telling me something, so let's just get to the point here".My employees don't even try to lie to me anymore because I've just told them a *ton* of times, "Look, I know you're lying just by your body language."Works great with outside consultants, too... especially when you're negotiating.

I was trying to show the simularities in the right-wing "looking out for number 1" attitude. If we lived in a society with everyone screwing eachother over for a nickle, society wouldn't work, simple as that.
We do live in a society like that. Its not perfect but its workig ok for us. Thanks for the wallet. Ill drop it in the mail box after I take my finders fee. :wink:
I'm not going to apologize or REMIND her to take the money. I was curious to see if she'd really forget. Obviously if she asked for it was I was going to pay her.  I don't see what's so low about it anyway. I'm not taking from the poor. I'm sure the CEO's and big execs at Burger King aren't worrying about $5.25 missing from the cash register.
except places usually take that money out of her paycheck, so you're right, CEO's don't really care. let me guess, you are also the type where if they accidentally give you an extra $20 when giving you change, you'll just take it instead of speaking up, right?
it's not your responsibility to remind the person at the window to ask for the money it is theirs.  if the bk lady didnt ask for money then are you entitled to not pay if you chose not to.  it's debatable as to whether or not this move could be considered moral but it's not stealing, it's taking advantage of a company's mistake, stealing would be if he drove off after the lady asked for money and he had received the food.  as i mentioned earlier it was bk's responsibility to ask for the money not the customer's, this might not be ethical but it's certainly not stealing and it doesn't make this poster a thief, anyways whether or not the op was a thief isn't really the point, funny post man.
You logic is messed up. According to what you are saying, you can take an item from the store and if no one asks you to give it back, it's not stealing. it would just be a mistake the store made.
I'm not going to apologize or REMIND her to take the money. I was curious to see if she'd really forget. Obviously if she asked for it was I was going to pay her.  I don't see what's so low about it anyway. I'm not taking from the poor. I'm sure the CEO's and big execs at Burger King aren't worrying about $5.25 missing from the cash register.
except places usually take that money out of her paycheck, so you're right, CEO's don't really care. let me guess, you are also the type where if they accidentally give you an extra $20 when giving you change, you'll just take it instead of speaking up, right?
No they don't take it out of her paycheck. I think part of the reason you have a strong stance on this subject is your lack of understanding. They don't take it out of her paycheck and they don't punish her for it. It's a common mistake at any place of business like that, especially a fast food restaurant. I think the reason there are so many arguments some times is that half the people really are too stupid to understand it for the most part. Your lack of understanding and assuming she takes a hit when the drawer is short is why you're so mad but also why you're so wrong.Here's basically all that happens.Manager: Donna, you're drawer is 6.73 shortDonna: Ok.No, that doesn't even happen now that I think about it. I've worked many places in the past 5 years as I am only 24 and many places with cash registers, including two fast food joints. I know many times when people count down their drawers at the end of the night it doesn't match the number it should, whether it be short or over and it's never really a big deal. Common mistakes like people forgetting to ask the customer for their money. Common mistake.Now, if a drawer by one person is short $100 every day for 4-5 consecutive days, that's a whole other issue.

You may have won the Whopper that time but you totally played it wrong. You didn't have correct pot-odds or implied odds and I won't even get into reverse implied odds but you should look it up. In the long run, you'll be paying for fast food 79% of the time. Come to my fast food window anytime, my nametag says "Gord". I'll take your money every time.

No they don't take it out of her paycheck. I think part of the reason you have a strong stance on this subject is your lack of understanding. They don't take it out of her paycheck and they don't punish her for it. It's a common mistake at any place of business like that, especially a fast food restaurant. I think the reason there are so many arguments some times is that half the people really are too stupid to understand it for the most part. Your lack of understanding and assuming she takes a hit when the drawer is short is why you're so mad but also why you're so wrong.Here's basically all that happens.Manager: Donna, you're drawer is 6.73 shortDonna: Ok.No, that doesn't even happen now that I think about it. I've worked many places in the past 5 years as I am only 24 and many places with cash registers, including two fast food joints. I know many times when people count down their drawers at the end of the night it doesn't match the number it should, whether it be short or over and it's never really a big deal. Common mistakes like people forgetting to ask the customer for their money. Common mistake.Now, if a drawer by one person is short $100 every day for 4-5 consecutive days, that's a whole other issue.
That's a completely different experience than what I had working the fast food circuit.If a drawer came up short by more than $5, that drawer was monitored for the rest of the day (there were a couple of cases where a couple of $5's stuck together causing the discrepancy), but if it wasn't accounted for by the end of the day, you were fined the amount short and warned.The second time (if it was within 30 days), you were fined the amount short and fired.Of course, they may have changed those rules in part because it requires management to be honest about that sort of thing, and they seem shadier these days.