If This Was Offered To You Would You Do It?

This is such a great idea... if anyone can hook me up with something in the Vegas area for a day or 3, Id hook up some stakkkkkkkes.
No working for people that know you're a superstar. DETALE(lolSP) PERSONThis was the place I went to. I suggest it if you want the full experience!Labor ReadyYou should bring your laptop and play 5-10 while you wait two hours for them to send you somewhere. No one will have a car either so they will give you $2 per person for gas to take people with you. I suggest plastic or at least blankets.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very pertinent side question:Could you select the McD's of your choosing?If I'm working through the lunch rush in downtown (fill in city here), I'd probably say no.But if I'm working in pleasantville suburbia, of course I would (assuming I could go back to my job after that year)

I thought about this the other day. I think I'd need to be set for life or at least set up very good for life to do this. I think I'd need to make in the 3 million dollar range.When I was younger, I probably would've done it for less.

some of you people sound like stuck up assholes. I'd take any job that I can get right now. I've never needed money more than I need it right now. Saying you couldnt work 50 hours a week for 80 - 1 payouts? Jesus christ. I'm pretty sure I would do this for 10 - 1. I'd even go down to 5 - 1 if I had enough money to put up, I'd just be afraid of losing my mind if I was only getting 5 - 1. Some of you have 0 clue how easy McDonalds is and have no idea what its like dealing with the stress behind a real job or having to worry about getting canned. My brother for example, he was working 60hours weeks for 2 months straight. Wasn't even getting overtime for it because hes on salary. Two months later they fire him because the company couldnt hang on to some of their bigger clients (no fault of his). The real world is bullshit and anyone that is able to play poker for a living should feel blessed.

some of you people sound like stuck up assholes. I'd take any job that I can get right now. I've never needed money more than I need it right now. Saying you couldnt work 50 hours a week for 80 - 1 payouts? Jesus christ. I'm pretty sure I would do this for 10 - 1. I'd even go down to 5 - 1 if I had enough money to put up, I'd just be afraid of losing my mind if I was only getting 5 - 1. Some of you have 0 clue how easy McDonalds is and have no idea what its like dealing with the stress behind a real job or having to worry about getting canned. My brother for example, he was working 60hours weeks for 2 months straight. Wasn't even getting overtime for it because hes on salary. Two months later they fire him because the company couldnt hang on to some of their bigger clients (no fault of his). The real world is bullshit and anyone that is able to play poker for a living should feel blessed.
*hug*

OMG i don't even know where to start.......First off, i work in fast food, i'm a salaried manager and well, the pay isn't all that bad at my level. To say that it's easy and "not a real job" is a joke, i work my ass off everyday. I also truly enjoy what i do for a living, i try to make it as much fun as i can. I couldn't imagine a job where i was chained to a desk working 9-5 like a drone without getting to interact with a ton of different people. To me, that would be horrific. I like the fact that i can fit my schedule to what i need to do and if i need a weekday off or want to work later in the day i can. There are certain days/times i have to be there and i have to work my hours but for the most part, it is pretty flexible. by the way, if you work in a fast food restaurant, you really would rather work during a busy lunch rush. You can always slow down the rush, but you can't speed up the time when it's slow.I honestly believe there are a ton of people who couldn't do what i do for a living, not because they are "above" it, but because they dont' have the skill to do it. Not everyone can put a smile on their face and deal with people.

OMG i don't even know where to start.......First off, i work in fast food, i'm a salaried manager and well, the pay isn't all that bad at my level. To say that it's easy and "not a real job" is a joke, i work my ass off everyday. I also truly enjoy what i do for a living, i try to make it as much fun as i can. I couldn't imagine a job where i was chained to a desk working 9-5 like a drone without getting to interact with a ton of different people. To me, that would be horrific. I like the fact that i can fit my schedule to what i need to do and if i need a weekday off or want to work later in the day i can. There are certain days/times i have to be there and i have to work my hours but for the most part, it is pretty flexible. by the way, if you work in a fast food restaurant, you really would rather work during a busy lunch rush. You can always slow down the rush, but you can't speed up the time when it's slow.I honestly believe there are a ton of people who couldn't do what i do for a living, not because they are "above" it, but because they dont' have the skill to do it. Not everyone can put a smile on their face and deal with people.
Amen sister.
I'm pretty sure they are talking about the burger microwaver or the fry dropper jobs as being "jokes". I don't think there is any need to defend your profession in the context of this conversation.I already work 50-60 a week, and as much as working stress free would be a pleasant change, I would go insane at the lack of having to use my brain.
OMG i don't even know where to start.......First off, i work in fast food, i'm a salaried manager and well, the pay isn't all that bad at my level. To say that it's easy and "not a real job" is a joke, i work my ass off everyday.
I dunno if you're referring to my post but I didnt mean it in an offensive way to anyone who works in fast food. I worked at McDonalds for about 4 years when I was younger. I've also worked numerous warehouse jobs and trust me, theyre way more difficult than mcdonalds.

Being a manager in a McDonalds is a pretty fun job when you are the only manager there. You get to interact with lots of people and its somewhat enjoyable. But there are tons of downfalls to jobs at these places. In my experience there, everyone was backstabbing everyone. People would kill each other over a .10 raise. The district managers who couldn't spell the word burger would come around and talk down to everyone like they were ultra important because they were making 40k a year a drove a company ford taurus. Other white managers would treat people of Spanish decent as if they were machines put there to work rather than as people. People would constantly focus on inconsequential details rather than the task at hand (customer service) in order to try to make you look bad. (Example of this: line of customers out the door and genius other manager starts starts bitching at you that you need to sweep the floor in the grill area that isnt visible to customers) There were a ton of positives to the job, especially if u were friends with the people that you were working with, but you sure did have to deal with a lot of crap. It was a constant watch everything you say and watch everything you do atmosphere around a lot of the people who worked there. Plus in regards to the bet it sounds as if you would start out as a crew person which means 50 hours of mindless monotonous tasks.So would I go back there and accept the bet? Yes. But, the price would have to be right, and definitely more than I am making now. Im thinking somewhere around 135-150% of my yearly salary currently (in proportion to the time that I would have to work during the bet). Also, I would need to be able to step back into my current job at the end of the bet without missing a beat.