If This Was Offered To You Would You Do It?

Pretty easy especially if the manager knows about the bet. You work however many hours 10-15 (not sure what it is there) of overtime for free and he saves on labour and looks like a genius to his boss/owner etc.
id have to think that is against the law. gl with that one
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think youd have to work 30 hours at one.. 20 hours at the other.. its sad that even at 80-1 for 5k im thinking " eekk i dunno if i can do that" I need a real job for like a month to appreciate things.
would u play cash games on your lunch? i remember when i used to drive home on my lunch and play for half an hour, what a junkie i was
I don't think anyone has a problem working 50hrs/week at a McDonalds, the problem is working at a McDonald's that is willing to let you work that many hours and for overtime.Which is probably why that guy that took that bet will lose.
Pretty easy especially if the manager knows about the bet. You work however many hours 10-15 (not sure what it is there) of overtime for free and he saves on labour and looks like a genius to his boss/owner etc.
if anybody seriously wants to do this bet for big money i know a fast food place in new york city where i might be able to set it up. you of course would not be able to make double what you make now. they pay $9 an hour + tips.
id have to think that is against the law. gl with that one
There are ways around everything. I worked tons of overtime in bars/restaurants with out O.T pay and had employees do the same when I was running bars/restaurants.
would u play cash games on your lunch? i remember when i used to drive home on my lunch and play for half an hour, what a junkie i was
nah.. itd be cool to have an offday once a week to grind all day tho. I bet that one day a week that you play youd paly so well.. cuz all week all id be thinking about is poker.
nah.. itd be cool to have an offday once a week to grind all day tho. I bet that one day a week that you play youd paly so well.. cuz all week all id be thinking about is poker.
that is very true... imagine how much of the time poker would be on your mind. You wouldnt be able to concentrate on french fries. You would be thinking damn I'm missing the sunday million right now
if you are rich enough to do this.. id probably do it if we wagered 5k at 80-1.. held in escrow.
you wld be a person i would consider taking the bet but not on 5k 2k max escrow obv but im off to niagra falls will be back later

I turned down a job just this afternoon that would have given me 2X salary, and I only would have had to give up my soul. I know most of us have to 'work' at some point in life simply to make an income, but really a job should constitute your contribution to the world. If you find a job that fits that description for you it's hard to give up. I am sure there are many of us who wouldn't give up their life's work for money. Especially not to be the guy that helps make people fat.

I worked 50+ hours a week at taco Bell for many years. I ended up working there almost 11 years. Started in the back and when I left was running 12 locations. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. I obviously am still in the business just doing it at a much higher level now, with much more responsibility and many more locations.www.wingstop.com :club:

VB you must be happy were you are working now to turn that money away. That's the main point if you love what you are doing. I make very good money about $100,000 a year counting some overtimes and shift stuff. I love my job. The clients and the type of job I do, and the co workers I work with. The odd thing is I detest management as they do everything they can to lower morale and make the work place more stressful. If I was to leave my job I would either have to win a lottery or die. Maybe retire some day. The bottom line is to be happy at what you do in your life.

double post

triple posttime for a new computer lol

I was a fast food manager for a few years, so, yeah, double and I would do it. The only thing I would stipulate is my buddies would have to work with me. We had a blast doing that, when you run the restaurant who's to stop you from doing shots in the back? Management? You're management!! Wheeeee!! We had a good time. Now, one negative is that I am married now, and there is a certain type of easyish girl that works fast food joints, and it would be a bummer to have to ignore such easy pickings. I would live, though.

I was a fast food manager for a few years, so, yeah, double and I would do it. The only thing I would stipulate is my buddies would have to work with me. We had a blast doing that, when you run the restaurant who's to stop you from doing shots in the back? Management? You're management!! Wheeeee!! We had a good time. Now, one negative is that I am married now, and there is a certain type of easyish girl that works fast food joints, and it would be a bummer to have to ignore such easy pickings. I would live, though.

fwiw I think itd be cool to work a job like that for a month.. itd make me grind so much harder with poker.
You don't even have to do a month. Get up at 5am and go sign up at one of the day labor places. I did it once, and then again a year later. Fold cardboard boxes or put a sticker on a bag for 8 hours and you'll appreciate whatever it is you do(Even if you don't win forum POY). The lifeless eyes walking into the building, the vacant look while they work, the sadness when they're on their 15 minute on the dot break. Only one person walking around in a good mood, and after a 90 second conversation with him/her, you'll realize they've just broken, and have lost their mind. Go back to the office, pay 2 dollars to have your 50 dollar check cashed. The change in your hand just symbolizes the 8 hours of your life you just lost. Spend it as quick as possible and go take down another Sunday.
You don't even have to do a month. Get up at 5am and go sign up at one of the day labor places. I did it once, and then again a year later. Fold cardboard boxes or put a sticker on a bag for 8 hours and you'll appreciate whatever it is you do(Even if you don't win forum POY). The lifeless eyes walking into the building, the vacant look while they work, the sadness when they're on their 15 minute on the dot break. Only one person walking around in a good mood, and after a 90 second conversation with him/her, you'll realize they've just broken, and have lost their mind. Go back to the office, pay 2 dollars to have your 50 dollar check cashed. The change in your hand just symbolizes the 8 hours of your life you just lost. Spend it as quick as possible and go take down another Sunday.
This is such a great idea... if anyone can hook me up with something in the Vegas area for a day or 3, Id hook up some stakkkkkkkes.