Mcdonalds Propbet On 2plus2 Epic Thread

thread :: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/54/poker...-1-pics-393056/IMG_0182.jpghistory of bet: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/54/poker...urnslol-309732/

Here is a rough draft so far of the terms...1.) We mutually decide upon a McDonald's close to where he lives.2.) He gets a entry level job at that location.3.) Every week he must work a minimum of 55 hours. 4.) He must work all 52 consecutive weeks from the start of the prop bet.5.) I gave him 85 to 1 odds, with a maximum wager of 1.2k.(Max win of 102k, max loss of 1.2k for him)6.) I will be in contact with his manager to make sure he is working hard and meets requirements.7.) AlReturns must post pictures and give trip reports on a weekly basis.It probably wont be easy finding a McDonald's that will have him work 55-60 hours for every week but I am sure its possible. Cliff notes: Friend must work at McDonald's 55hrs a week, for all 52 weeks without quitting.
How I won 6 figs in 09, and proceeded to still go broke. Then I made love to my current gf and now I am going to have a kid. All while going busto at the same time.Wow, where to begin. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/54/poker...fe-pics-159053/I moved to Las Vegas in Feb 08. Things went well all spring and summer and then an unprecedented series of financial events hit me like a tsunami. My car that I paid 3k in cash for (outlined in the first thread) broke down after 2 months. Leaving me with no car, wasn't a huge deal and I was still pretty ballin. So I rented a car. This cost me about 1.5k a month. And I did it for 2 months. All of a sudden this stupid little car that was supposed to cost me 3k, ended up costing me close to 10k. I shrugged it off for the most part and continued to grind. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/30/busin...03/#post6534860I invested much of my savings in undiversified holdings, this was fall of 07. When stocks were at their high points. I ended up getting hammered in the market all while starting to lose at poker. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/54/poker...out-car-310114/Then I paid for that car in cash. I still was comfortable at this point, but I really streched myself financially to pay for this all at once, ( I can't blame myself, I was paying for that rental car at the time). On top of this I had moved into a luxury apartment. Things were getting more stressful by the moment. I started eating healthier in order to curb stress, it helped some, but I lost a lot of my appetite. While all this was going on, I was losing at poker. In face I went something like 120k breakeven. This is mostly due to the fact that I had an uncontrollable sense of tilt now. I was starting to crack under the pressure and I needed the money more than ever. The good financial security blanket I had setup had backfired in my face. I stopped posting in 2p2, stopped playing poker. I decided to pack it in and go home. I was sick of the stress and I no longer had any fun playing poker. It had been a huge whirlwind, and sometimes things just don't go your way. I came back to West Virginia in early Nov. Just lived a normal life etc, tried to relax a bit. But all this time I know I am going to have to pay taxes in 09 and nearly a 6 figure income and I am nearly broke. Then she came. Some girl I knew from HS, she wasn't the hottest by bbvs standards. But she has a great heart and we really kicked it off. We hung out everynight for a week in nov, and sooner or later we became bf/gf. It was pretty nice. All this time I still have bills to pay back in Las Vegas, and I continued to get hammered whenever I went on the tables. Keep in mind I had beaten nl200 for like 4ptbb over like 400k hands, so I am not some variance noob or something. I just had uncontrollable tilt, it was all a little too much. I could have done things better for sure, but I ran badly. I swear if you run my vegas scenario 1 million times, I go broke like 4%. So my new girlie and me obv mess around or whatever and just 1 week ago she told me she was pregnant. I felt like the guy from “unforgivable”. Jesus, what am I going to do. Now I have a kid on the way?! God damn. And to top it all off my conservative Christian parents who don't approve of my poker life style decide they REALLY don't approve of my premarital sex lifestyle and want me out of the house. So now I have to find a ****ty apartment and I am basically out of money (down to just a few g's most of which are in my roll). So was living at gf's parents house LOL. Then it occurred to me, snake and I never settled our bet. When we first made it, it was half joke/half serious. No jokes anymore, now I needed that money. Snake and I discussed the bet, and decided we needed some new terms. Then the hookup of the century came. One of my friends was talking about this thread with some kids we graduated from HS with. One of them was a manager at McDonalds. After talking it over with him, he said he would hook me up. So here we are, this started as a half/joke aka 5 buyin downswing. Now its much more serious, thanks for the support.

When he said that the manager would hook him up, I hope he realized that it was for 55 hours a week for the entire year. Also, McD's corporate may step in and screw the bet up IMO if they see that they are shelling out overtime hours consistently and its all to one person.

When he said that the manager would hook him up, I hope he realized that it was for 55 hours a week for the entire year. Also, McD's corporate may step in and screw the bet up IMO if they see that they are shelling out overtime hours consistently and its all to one person.
Yeah, they won't allow that consistently.

i just read the whole thread on 2+2...this post is recent. looks like it might end sooner rather than later"trouble in paradise. I got sent home after 2.5 hours today. Apparently I am already causing controversy. Furthermore I was scheduled for 37 hours this week."

wow easy money ive been working 55-60 hours a week, and more during christmas since i was 18 im 24 now.edit- My brothers do 70 a week no problem, my oldest one who is 34 has been doing 70 for atleast 10 years, with maybe, 2 weeks off a year.My family is a bunch of workoholics as you can see... they say im lazy lol

i just read the whole thread on 2+2...this post is recent. looks like it might end sooner rather than later"trouble in paradise. I got sent home after 2.5 hours today. Apparently I am already causing controversy. Furthermore I was scheduled for 37 hours this week."
yeah posted tonight doesnt look good for him IMO

? what's the over / under for:1. lbs gained per: a. total length of employmentb. 3 weeksc. 3 months2. number of different uniform shirts worn3. deep fryer burns4. coworkers that start & quit/get fired during length of employment

wow easy money ive been working 55-60 hours a week, and more during christmas since i was 18 im 24 now.edit- My brothers do 70 a week no problem, my oldest one who is 34 has been doing 70 for atleast 10 years, with maybe, 2 weeks off a year.My family is a bunch of workoholics as you can see... they say im lazy lol
It isn't working 55 hours a week that is difficult, it is working 55 hours a week at the same McDonald's. Most companies, particularly fast food places, avoid giving overtime like the plague.
funny stuff. I posted in there how I worked at McD's for 3 years and only brought in $400 every two weeks. Wish someone had offered me the bet, I worked a ton of hours
I worked at McD's for 4 years on and off and only ever worked an 8 hour shift ONCE. This bet is impossible unless he is working at 2 locations.
This bet is impossible unless he is working at 2 locations.
^^^^^this.good luck to him though.