The Official Obama Scorecard Thread

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.   I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to

Say what you want but that was pretty ****ing stupid.
I agree that it was stupid since it was a prepared speech. Somebody should've noticed that. But the reason for him being there and making the speech in the first place is still the more important thing.
This is pretty gay.I have no idea how common this sort of practice is.
Say what you want but that was pretty ****ing stupid.
It was? Did you actually think that he was referring to death camps run by Polish people as opposed to death camps in Poland? Am I wrong, or is this the stupidest "controversy" every? (Hint: I'm not wrong).In fact, it's actually a pretty good thing to have happened. It's a good litmus test to weed out people who simply insult the President for no real reason whatsoever.

Yeah, I don't think it's Barack Obama's job to soft-soap the involvement of non-Jewish Polish people in the Holocaust. If the Polish government doesn't like its own history, that's too bad. He clearly meant it as "camps located in Poland" which is accurate but this hysterical over-reaction by the Polish government is just a display of guilt and shame as far as I am concerned.They are knowingly accusing him of doing something he clearly did not do all because they are so desperate to paper over some embarrassing history. Good stuff.

It was? Did you actually think that he was referring to death camps run by Polish people as opposed to death camps in Poland? Am I wrong, or is this the stupidest "controversy" every? (Hint: I'm not wrong).In fact, it's actually a pretty good thing to have happened. It's a good litmus test to weed out people who simply insult the President for no real reason whatsoever.
You are wrong. There's no way there hasn't been a stupider controversy at some point.
No I think it was stupid because there were no such things as Polish death camps and the smartest man in the world should know better. It was a stupid fucking thing to say.
I don't know if it's the stupidest controversy ever, but it's up there. It's clear what he meant, and every article says that the Polish govt has been trying to stamp out that language for years -- implying it's not really working. In other words, they are fighting against common usage. You'd think the White House would be aware of such things, but they obviously weren't. Calling it a gaffe or an insult is silly, it's just a lesson for next time.
No I think it was stupid because there were no such things as Polish death camps and the smartest man in the world should know better. It was a stupid fucking thing to say.
Only in a ridiculously narrow version of the word "polish" is this true.
I agree. Stupid. Clearly not meant to imply that Poland ran death camps. He needs to stick to the teleprompter. But ridiculous that it is even mentioned by the media and Polish leaders as some sort of huge offense. You'd think they would be used to us Americans butchering World history and geography

Can real spending per capita go down when actual spending goes up? If the population goes up and inflation is high, I guess it could.... I think what that graph is really showing is that the Bush/Obama spending binge of 2008/2009 was so insanely high that even they couldn't sustain it.What is his net change from his first stimulus dollar til now?

Um yeah. You might want to review the terms 'real' and 'per capita.'
From '10 to 11' the population of the US went up ~3millionDeficit spending from '10 to '11 went up $2.1 trillion

percentage change per year. krugman does this all. the. time. on his blog: take a dataset and chart it with some needless bit of complexity so it looks better from whatever viewpoint he's pushing. sometimes he tries to rationalize it, sometimes not.